Callum Nathan Thomas Edmunds / MauLer93 / MauLer - Discussion of a youtube reviewer

Are MauLer's videos too long?

• Yes

Votes: 55 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 130 29.5%
  • Fuck YES

Votes: 255 58.0%

• Total voters

biscuitscilia

kiwifarms.net
does Mauler have autism?

His reviews come off less, as genuine reviews, and more like an autistic individuals attempts to categorize movies they are passionate about in ways that can make sense to them. To sort through and deal with his emotions on the matter.
Being a pedantic is a symptom of Aspergers but I dunno if he actually has it. There's definitely something up with him, his lack of empathy towards people that don't agree with him and in fact the whole rejection of "subjectivity" screams asspie. But it's kinda muddled in that he knows his content, and himself by extension, looks autistic and mocks people calling him that. But who knows, it might be projection.

Reactions: Scarmaiden

TheImportantFart

MadaGAScar
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Being a pedantic is a symptom of Aspergers but I dunno if he actually has it. There's definitely something up with him, his lack of empathy towards people that don't agree with him and in fact the whole rejection of "subjectivity" screams asspie. But it's kinda muddled in that he knows his content, and himself by extension, looks autistic and mocks people calling him that. But who knows, it might be projection.
Autism is a mindset these days, not a clinical diagnosis. On that basis, he has it.

Juke and Jam

kiwifarms.net
does Mauler have autism?

His reviews come off less, as genuine reviews, and more like an autistic individuals attempts to categorize movies they are passionate about in ways that can make sense to them. To sort through and deal with his emotions on the matter.

Maybe he has slipped into the mindset of the collaborative review and discussion streams? More ranty, less cohesive.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
does Mauler have autism?

I'm of the opinion that everyone who spends a lot of time making and editing videos with the expectation of being recognized for it has some sort of mental problem.

You probably have autism if you make a four hour response to a WatchMojo video.

I remember watching TRO's vid on Yandere Dev and I noticed a new term/condition/syndrome he coined about obsessively responding and lashing out at any form of criticism despite obviously hating it could easily apply to Mauler.

• Agree
Reactions: Korpon and Draza

biscuitscilia

kiwifarms.net
I noticed a new term/condition/syndrome he coined about obsessively responding and lashing out at any form of criticism despite obviously hating it could easily apply to Mauler.
You mean Personal Persecution? I noticed that Mauler always like to harp on comments made by retards, usually about length, and even going as far as to ignore someone's point and focus on one word or phrase instead. He did that recently with the "Objective Man" tweet. Where some guy pointed out his lack of consistency and thinking he's an authority figure who can declare rather or not someone or something's good (Though the guy's example is admittedly retarded, it's an appeal to authority but Mauler uses appeals to authority often so I don't think it matters.)
He just focuses on "Objective Man" and memes it. Whenever he gets actual criticism, he always somehow finds a way to spin it around, if he doesn't just flat out ignore it, to make him the victim while they're the one actually harassing him.
It doesn't help that a lot of his fanbase are gullible retards that enable his shitty behavior.
He uses several different ways to dismiss criticism:
Appeals to Authority/Hypocrisy, Memeing it (Because if you acknowledge it and make it a joke, it stops being criticism and becomes a le danke maymay to spam on your Discord), Caricaturing people who disagree with you, responding with "No U" or Back tracking (like when he called Kelly Marie Tran "Shrek" to make fun of her appearance then went back on it to say she looked "out of place.")

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Korpon

Atomsk

Pirate King
kiwifarms.net
The newest EFAP. Haven't watched it yet but they talk about creative writing so it might be interesting
JonCJG is legitimately a genius and extremely thoughtful when it comes to social commentary, Arby 'n The Chief is probably my favorite original webseries so I'm glad that he's getting some type of exposure even if it's by complete faggots. That being said, I've already listened to hours upon hours of EFap before just because I was interested in MauLer's retarded worldview and the shit he says about objectivity so I don't really want to watch more ever again...would anybody mind filling me in on what is said in this video?

Reactions: BR55 and Scarface1

PenguinSuitAlice

Frosty Witch of Mad Fancy
kiwifarms.net
JonCJG is legitimately a genius and extremely thoughtful when it comes to social commentary, Arby 'n The Chief is probably my favorite original webseries so I'm glad that he's getting some type of exposure even if it's by complete faggots. That being said, I've already listened to hours upon hours of EFap before just because I was interested in MauLer's retarded worldview and the shit he says about objectivity so I don't really want to watch more ever again...would anybody mind filling me in on what is said in this video?
I now have watched most of the non-superchat section and its mostly JonCJG telling them his story and how he made his show season by season, with Mauler and co. going on tangents every once in a while. It's actually pretty interesting but JonCJG doesn't talk very much during most of the tangents. Mauler and co. are bearable and restrained on the objectivity front outside of a few comments. If you like JonCJG, I guess you should watch it. The comments have timestamps as usual if you want to skip through some boring tangents.

Last edited:

PenguinSuitAlice

kiwifarms.net
I am now triple-posting. EFAP did a riff of Toy Story 4. They said they were going to do this a while ago when they did an (11 and a half hour) EFAP on Toy Story as a whole combined with watching a terrible Disnoid's review of Toy Story 4. It probably represents a start or continuation of a trend where they review past bad blockbusters in low-effort riffs due to current lack of new ones.

Cemila Mandes

kiwifarms.net
I am now triple-posting. EFAP did a riff of Toy Story 4. They said they were going to do this a while ago when they did an (11 and a half hour) EFAP on Toy Story as a whole combined with watching a terrible Disnoid's review of Toy Story 4. It probably represents a start or continuation of a trend where they review past bad blockbusters in low-effort riffs due to current lack of new ones.

A few takeaways:

1. What's with the Halloween avatars?

2. Rags admitting that he didn't see Toy Story 3 should surprise no one.

3. It took YMS only 13 minutes to point out the problems with Toy Story 3 and that was without the backing of popular opinion. Say what you will about YMS and his animal fuckery, but he can get a point across to a wide audience. MauLer only speaks to his echo chamber.

4. MauLer continues to mistake the average internet douchebag who records a ranting video he agrees with as actual critics.

5. Among the people who maligned Toy Story 4 were Amoured Skeptic and shoe0nhead. Boy, talk about bad timing.

PenguinSuitAlice

kiwifarms.net
1. What's with the Halloween avatars?
I'm pretty sure they recorded this back during the fall and it took Mauler until now to edit it so that it was at least somewhat funny. I was wondering why they seemed to know what happened in the movies during the EFAP, which was in March, but not in the riff. This brings forward the possibility that they have several riffs that Mauler is editing, which explains the delays of the Batwoman riffs and further pushing back of the TFA reviews. Maulers is a massive perfectionist and probably will never let go of a project until its done even if he has projects before it. The Arkham High riff for example seems to have been completely filmed, but they still need to edit the next few episodes, though I'm not sure if Mauler is the one editing those.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Cemila Mandes

Cemila Mandes

kiwifarms.net
I'm pretty sure they recorded this back during the fall and it took Mauler until now to edit it so that it was at least somewhat funny. I was wondering why they seemed to know what happened in the movies during the EFAP, which was in March, but not in the riff. This brings forward the possibility that they have several riffs that Mauler is editing, which explains the delays of the Batwoman riffs and further pushing back of the TFA reviews. Maulers is a massive perfectionist and probably will never let go of a project until its done even if he has projects before it. The Arkham High riff for example seems to have been completely filmed, but they still need to edit the next few episodes, though I'm not sure if Mauler is the one editing those.

If it takes him this long to edit the riffs, the coronavirus will be over by the time the next part of the TFA critique comes out.

• Optimistic
Reactions: PenguinSuitAlice

Idiotron

The last sane person on Earth
kiwifarms.net
What will happen first:
Mauler will release the next part of TFA critique
OR
The next US presidential election (November 3rd)

Only 4 months left.
Place, your bets, everyone!

Korpon

Biters can't stop me
kiwifarms.net
I think I said this before, but where the fuck are those editors he was going to hire at? It took him what, around 9 months to edit down a 1 hour and 40 minute movie watch session? Also why doesn't Fringy get a better mic, it always sounds like he's in a public restroom with a 10 dollar mic.

biscuitscilia

kiwifarms.net
I think I said this before, but where the fuck are those editors he was going to hire at? It took him what, around 9 months to edit down a 1 hour and 40 minute movie watch session? Also why doesn't Fringy get a better mic, it always sounds like he's in a public restroom with a 10 dollar mic.
He probably fired them because they kept making his videos short. Frankly, I can't imagine anyone tolerating editing for a bunch of mumbling retards who get in tangents for 40 minutes even if they're getting paid. If I had to hear 8 hour tangents about the same Last Jedi talking points every day, I'd off myself.