Callum Nathan Thomas Edmunds / MauLer93 / MauLer - Discussion of a youtube reviewer

Are MauLer's videos too long?

• Yes

Votes: 52 12.7%
  • No

Votes: 120 29.3%
  • Fuck YES

Votes: 237 57.9%

• Total voters

A.Shitposter

Gossiping Hen
kiwifarms.net
The "Longman Bad" thing is a surprisingly good hustle when you think about it.
Obviously most people aren't insane enough to wade through 12-24 hour videos or his literal month-long catalog.
But if you don't do that and answer with a 30-hour response of your own then he can bloviate about you "took him out of context" and refer to some God-forsaken reference point at Hour 17 of EFAP 21 that completely destroys your argument.
And if you did try to roll the boulder up the hill in an honest to God thorough response to his garbage he would just, like the hypocrite that he is, not watch it and meme about how "lol so obsessed" you are.
It's a neat little criticism deflecting system he's got there.
The only point of contention is if he was smart enough to cook it up by his own design or if he just blundered into it.
I lean towards the latter.
Didn't The Right Opinion and IHE go through his points painstakingly and he still went "lol out of context" because they didn't show you his entire video line by line because they actually respect their viewers intelligence and time.

I legit do like his criticisms, but holy fuck does he wander through the proverbial orchard before he finally fucking deigns to make his way to the point he wants to make, sometimes hopping the fence into a completely different orchard.
Like, Jesus Fuck, dude, you're not wrong about a lot of the shit you say but for Christ's sake, during the time you've been taking to show random clips of The Community and Adventure Time in a bizarre attempt to stitch them into your argument, you could have summarized and delivered a harder-hitting point.
Just hearing about how nothing happens in these reviews is fucking infuriating, he can't just hire someone to do the editing for him because that would mean that he'd "lose" and long man actually IS bad.

I got recommended the Sardonicast through youtube and those videos are like 2-3 hours long and they have way more to say than the first four hours of any Mauler video mostly because they encourage you to actually watch the movie beforehand so you can follow along with the discussion because they want people to form their own opinions.

It's nuts how Mauler just doesn't understand this, I can understand why Rags doesn't because he's a retard and as soon as Mauler runs out of content he's going to jump ship to leech off of someone else like the talentless hack he is.

biscuitscilia

kiwifarms.net
I legit do like his criticisms, but holy fuck does he wander through the proverbial orchard before he finally fucking deigns to make his way to the point he wants to make, sometimes hopping the fence into a completely different orchard.
Like, Jesus Fuck, dude, you're not wrong about a lot of the shit you say but for Christ's sake, during the time you've been taking to show random clips of The Community and Adventure Time in a bizarre attempt to stitch them into your argument, you could have summarized and delivered a harder-hitting point.
It was edited so fucking jarringly too that I legitimately felt like I was autistic. If there was ever an autism simulator, Mauler's TFA 3 video would be it.

Korpon

amazing chest ahead
kiwifarms.net
Another thing that peaked my interest was the fact that he is making TROS reviews presumably after finishing TFA. Imagine how long those would be now that he feels emboldened to make longer and longer videos due to his fandom encouraging him. He really needs to move on from Star Wars and review something worthwhile and interesting. This is way too much effort for a series people will forget about in 3 years.
Like someone else said, he got big because of Star Wars and capeshit, and he will ride that shit into the fucking grave. It's funny too, considering he always says he watches a bunch of movies a year yet only wants to talk about those two things. People will definitely have moved on fully from the Sequel Trilogy by next year, and yet this dumbass will still be working on the next TFA video. People are already moving on from the movie that came out 7 months ago, and he's still working on stuff for the movie that came out almost 5 years ago, fucking sad. He's just going to milk it for all it's worth before the cow is gone really. If he had gotten better with his content (pretty much stopped being his autistic self and got good) and talked about other things, I bet he would have gotten pretty big and lasted for a long time, but the way he's going now, I'm sure EFAP and his channel will be dead in a year or two.

Also thanks for the video summaries, I can't be assed to watch it fully. Maybe if I'm bored enough another time.

Not Even Twice

kiwifarms.net
I don't mind the mini efaps where they laugh at stuff like the Batwoman episodes.
But I think the last longer video of his I saw was the unbridled rage on Rise of Skywalker. It seems obvious that someone told him that they love the cursing, because he stuffed it so full of forced insults it was hard not to get second hand cringe.

I agree with others that say he is stuck on Star Wars and MCU topics and especially the former is becoming old news very fast.

Elescondio20

kiwifarms.net
Didn't The Right Opinion and IHE go through his points painstakingly and he still went "lol out of context" because they didn't show you his entire video line by line because they actually respect their viewers intelligence and time
It was TRO and Quinton, IHE it's too much of bitch to confront mauler and TRO deleted that video because he's not only a bitch but also a social climber and there was to more to gain by pandering to mauler/rags than doing it for IHE/Quinton...
Also TRO sucks , all his videos are painfully overwritten

Korpon

amazing chest ahead
kiwifarms.net
It was TRO and Quinton, IHE it's too much of bitch to confront mauler and TRO deleted that video because he's not only a bitch but also a social climber and there was to more to gain by pandering to mauler/rags than doing it for IHE/Quinton...
Also TRO sucks , all his videos are painfully overwritten
Don't forget over-edited, I remember him having like 5 editors for the Rags video he made (like why), but I don't know if he still does that or not.

FaramirG

kiwifarms.net
Theres nothing to move onto. He doesnt actually watch good movies. He watches capeshit. He's a fraud, a sham, a phoney. He got lucky with the timing of his channel and TLJ releasing. That's it. This is all you are going to get from him.
He and Rags did watch Taxi Driver, but only because they heard it was similar to Joker. And IIRC they thought it was boring.

Draza

Drinks on me
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
His twitter right now is him screenshotting tweets saying his video was too long and his fanbase is spewing that 'Long Man Bad' garbage in support.
https://twitter.com/MauLer93/status/1281730570427535360
https://twitter.com/MauLer93/status/1281730569311748097
https://twitter.com/MauLer93/status/1281779100575846400
The truth hurts.Also another thing I would add to the criticism, is that he's stretching out a review of a five year old movie that he should have finished way earlier before.

The TFA part 3 should be the finale of review (just like his review of TLJ) and should have been done either last year or the year before that. But now here we are in 2020 with part 3,finally out, with three more coming. And who knows how long those parts will come out as well? Things that disappointed me as well about part 3 was how long winded it was and time wasting on the few scenes that was shown in a THREE hour review. Sadly the same thing will be done with the other three future reviews but it may get worse.

Last edited:

guffrey__

kiwifarms.net
His videos are autistically tedious. They're a slog to get through. He might be right in most of his critiques, but Jesus H Christ is it a chore to listen to. His podcast is also emblematic of his YouTube videos; sperg-fests with him and his smug "intellectual" buddies rambling on about bullshit. He once reviewed a Ralphthemoviemaker video on the Joker that was somewhere between 10-15 minutes long, and the podcast episode dedicated to reviewing it was fucking 5 hours long. Totally unnecessary and unfunny. Rather take a cheese-grater to my scrotum than have to sit through one of his videos/podcasts.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Heard half hour of it during CrossFiting at home. Couple of notes:
1. The review by itself is a shitty sequel by MauLer's (non) standards because the first fifteen minutes is literally reiterating the nature of Memberberries for the tenth time because he expects you forgot it like an idiot (not a weird thing considering MauLer's audience).
2. MauLer going that "you should be able to cut content if the previous content changes" is about as projection as possible. It's clear he is just pasting the same stuff even if it covers the same points.
3. After playing Deadly Premonition 2, jesus christ MauLer has an abysmal taste in films, he has references to either capeshit or Disney. Also I'd unironically enjoy a youtube channel of York (and Jacht) talking about films.
4. Going on about needing to set up things rather than have throwaway lines is idiotic, not everything needs a time consuming set up (especially if the film already has way too much content) and could have been done better as a gag that he built up in the beginning.
5. Trying to use ROS as defence for taking time is both a shitty excuse and makes no logical sense.

Absolutego

Middleman who didn't do diddly
kiwifarms.net
The truth hurts.Also another thing I would add to the criticism, is that he's stretching out a review of a five year old movie that he should have finished way earlier before.

The TFA part 3 should be the finale of review (just like his review of TLJ) and should have been done either last year or the year before that. But now here we are in 2020 with part 3,finally out. with three more coming. And who knows how long those parts will come out as well? Things that disappointed me as well about part 3 was how long winded it was and time wasting on the few scenes that was shown in a THREE hour review. Sadly the same thing will be done with the other three future reviews but it may get worse.
This thing is planned to be six parts in total? For one movie? So he's planning on spending something like ~18 hours dissecting The Force Awakens?
It's hilarious how this TFA project makes his The Last Jedi review look reasonable by comparison. And TLJ is the bigger trash fire of a movie that would require more time to discuss, most of TFA's problems involve hack mystery-box writing and twisting the setting into knots to preserve the "Rebel/Empire" dynamic.

Draza

Drinks on me
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This thing is planned to be six parts in total? For one movie? So he's planning on spending something like ~18 hours dissecting The Force Awakens?
It's hilarious how this TFA project makes his The Last Jedi review look reasonable by comparison. And TLJ is the bigger trash fire of a movie that would require more time to discuss, most of TFA's problems involve hack mystery-box writing and twisting the setting into knots to preserve the "Rebel/Empire" dynamic.
Yes 18+ hours on a five year old movie that he should have finished in a year at least along with other reviews that he has yet to finish (GoT episode 6). It's really just ridiculous and a complete waste of time. He's going to add more fuel to the fire of criticisms pointed at his reviews and himself.

Last edited:

PenguinSuitAlice

Frosty Witch of Mad Fancy
kiwifarms.net
Yes 18+ hours on a five year old movie that he should have finished a year at beast along with other reviews that he has yet to finish (GoT episode 6). It's really just ridiculous and a complete waste of time. He's going to add more fuel to the fire of criticisms pointed at his reviews and himself.
I can't wait until the moment he reaches the point he starts getting into tedious arguments with his own fans over them not agreeing with him. However, he'll probably just backpedal as usual, unless it is a point of contention that he is very invested in.

Korpon

amazing chest ahead
kiwifarms.net
What does he even do in all the free time he has anyways? He only does EFAP once a week and that and his Patreon pay all of his expenses. Despite how long EFAP takes to do (which is his own fault) he doesn't really have any excuses for how long it takes to make these videos.
along with other reviews that he has yet to finish (GoT episode 6)
Ngl I forgot he even had a GoT review series going. Literally everyone has moved on from that trashfire, watch him upload the next part a year or so from now and it gets fuck all views.

biscuitscilia

kiwifarms.net
Amid the better-late-than-never release of TFA Part 3, Cinematic Venom has responded to the EFAP covering him.

https://twitter.com/CinematicVenom/status/1281713294051614720
View attachment 1441921
I thought Mauler's narrative is that EFAP and his fans are good boys who dindu nuffin?
There's already something weirdly disingenuous about how Mauler acts on EFAP, where he tries to appear nice and level-headed, but then becomes a raging asshole on Twitter when in an environment where he can be unfiltered and be praised for it but what's even more weird is why is it when EFAP mocks people, it's the harshest and most mean-spirited shit? I'm actually okay with bullying, at least when it's warranted, but saying someone looks like a "pedophile" for not liking the Lord of the Rings trilogy? That's fucked.

Tags
None