Callum Nathan Thomas Edmunds / MauLer93 / MauLer - Discussion of a youtube reviewer

Are MauLer's videos too long?

• Yes

Votes: 52 12.7%
  • No

Votes: 120 29.3%
  • Fuck YES

Votes: 237 57.9%

• Total voters

Not Even Twice

kiwifarms.net
I agree that the game is terrible. I don't understand the people saying 'you can't rate that game below a 5!'

It's 90% story, and the story is ridiculous and retcons the ending of TLoU1 in order to justify its weird hateboner against male characters (ironically they also slaughter Ellie's personality in their effort to make her badass and empowered). You get frustrated and angry for all the wrong reasons playing this game.

That said, I feel like banging my head against the table listening to the weird takes on the game in the after stream - granted the brain leaking mostly comes from the others and not so much Mauler this time around.

Reactions: Korpon and Juno
I agree that the game is terrible. I don't understand the people saying 'you can't rate that game below a 5!'

It's 90% story, and the story is ridiculous and retcons the ending of TLoU1 in order to justify its weird hateboner against male characters (ironically they also slaughter Ellie's personality in their effort to make her badass and empowered). You get frustrated and angry for all the wrong reasons playing this game.

That said, I feel like banging my head against the table listening to the weird takes on the game in the after stream - granted the brain leaking mostly comes from the others and not so much Mauler this time around.
That's the real magic of Mauler, even if you find yourself agreeing with him, you still can't help but disagree because he's such an asshole.

It also works the other way as well, I remember reading here that Mauler considers the SW prequels objectively bad story-wise but he found himself unironically defending the trilogy while moderating a livestream debate on whether it was good or bad.

Elescondio20

kiwifarms.net
TLoU1 in order to justify its weird hateboner against male characters (ironically they also slaughter Ellie's personality in their effort to make her badass and empowered). You get frustrated and angry for all the wrong reasons playing this game.
I keep seeing people saying this but i never understand why , if the retcon was about the cure working then i don't think is it retcon , even with the surgery the chances of finding cure werent 100% but now they're at 0% since whats propably the last brain surgeon in the world is dead .
I also don't get the "male hate " especially for Joel since he is way more likeable here that in the first because instead of just asking to like him because of his dead daughter they show you him being nice

Shieldman

kiwifarms.net
what tipped you off?
Around 1:17 mark, he gets bitter about criticism I have only read here before, or maybe it's just my imagination, eh.

That SouthPaw guy is particularly grating, he always sounds like he's about to burst into tears.

• Agree
Reactions: Not Even Twice

PenguinSuitAlice

Frosty Witch of Mad Fancy
kiwifarms.net
Specifically, MauLer and Critical Drinker are making fun of a kid with only 74 subscribers.
So far he hasn't really been making fun of him. He's just pausing a lot and refuting his points. Rarely any jokes. This EFAP is actually really boring which is made worse because I haven't watched the movie so it's just noise to me.
Edit: They just did the whole song and dance where they tell their audience not to harass him while acknowledging his young age but not saying why they are going after so small a channel.

Last edited:

biscuitscilia

kiwifarms.net
So far he hasn't really been making fun of him. He's just pausing a lot and refuting his points. Rarely any jokes. This EFAP is actually really boring which is made worse because I haven't watched the movie so it's just noise to me.
But why go after some kid with such a small audience and viewer count?
Does he hate the film that much that he has to go for some kid who's voice is still cracking?
Around 1:17 mark, he gets bitter about criticism I have only read here before, or maybe it's just my imagination, eh.

That SouthPaw guy is particularly grating, he always sounds like he's about to burst into tears.
What was the criticism?

PenguinSuitAlice

Frosty Witch of Mad Fancy
kiwifarms.net
But why go after some kid with such a small audience and viewer count?
Does he hate the film that much that he has to go for some kid who's voice is still cracking?
I get a feeling none of his usual targets made videos on Knives Out. Or that this is the first video he found on the movie that was of substantial length and goes into the plot, since I'm betting very few reviews of a mystery movie would want to go into spoilers. I doubt he even knew the reviewer was a child due to the fact that we all know he never watches the videos before doing an EFAP on them.

biscuitscilia

kiwifarms.net
I get a feeling none of his usual targets made videos on Knives Out. Or that this is the first video he found on the movie that was of substantial length and goes into the plot, since I'm betting very few reviews of a mystery movie would want to go into spoilers. I doubt he even knew the reviewer was a child due to the fact that we all know he never watches the videos before doing an EFAP on them.
That's right, I forgot he does it live. But even then, 74 subscribers and only a thousand views? Can he not even put the tiniest bit of effort to research the video before jumping in? Because I can't think of anything more pathetic than getting mad at a kid whose balls haven't even dropped yet because he liked a movie. That is unironically what an autist would do.

Though, if he's willing to immediately jump on people who covered Knives Out so soon, I'm surprised he didn't start doing EFAPs on people doing Avatar video essays, especially with its resurgence. I guess the negative reaction from his own fans over his takes spooked him enough to not want to touch the topic again.

Cemila Mandes

kiwifarms.net
Edit: They just did the whole song and dance where they tell their audience not to harass him while acknowledging his young age but not saying why they are going after so small a channel.
And it begins.

epafd.png

Getting tard comed

kiwifarms.net
I keep seeing people saying this but i never understand why , if the retcon was about the cure working then i don't think is it retcon , even with the surgery the chances of finding cure werent 100% but now they're at 0% since whats propably the last brain surgeon in the world is dead .
I also don't get the "male hate " especially for Joel since he is way more likeable here that in the first because instead of just asking to like him because of his dead daughter they show you him being nice
I'm not sure what you mean here but if I'm understanding you correctly:

The retcon has to do with changing the surgery room, and the compound to make it look like they were more competent in TLOU2 than they were in TLOU1. It's done to make the game sympathize with Abby and make Joel's decision seem less reasonable than its portrayed in the first game.

"Male hate" is graphed on due to the developers politics + poor storytelling in regards to the portrayal of all the male characters.

Sinners Sandwich

Eid Htrad Redav Eid !
kiwifarms.net
Specifically, MauLer and Critical Drinker are making fun of a kid with only 74 subscribers.
What a bunch of scumbags. Criticalstinker shows more and more his true colors. Dude is an arrogant fart huffing asshole and his braindead bootlickers go after everyone who said something Mr. "*burps* go away now!1" doesn't agree with.

No wonder he and Mauler are sucking each others dick. They are both annoying farthuffers with bloated egos.

When they are targetting your video it's better to disable the comments and perhaps the ratings too for a while.

Last edited:

biscuitscilia

kiwifarms.net
What a bunch of scumbags. Criticalstinker shows more and more his true colors. Dude is an arrogant fart huffing asshole and his braindead bootlickers go after everyone who said something Mr. "*burps* go away now!1" doesn't agree with.

No wonder he and Mauler are sucking each others dick. They are both annoying farthuffers with bloated egos.

When they are targetting your video it's better to disable the comments and perhaps the ratings too for a while.
I like the smugness of the comments too.
"Great video kid! Just make sure your opinions align with Mauler's and you're set to go!"

He just said his future plans are to make a TLOU2 video, a Knives Out video, and then the next TFA video. Oh joy. Apparently he wasn't going to make the TLOU2 one, but he decided to after playing it.
I get the impression he only recently got into TLOU because of the backlash against the game, was he a fan of the original game or is he just purely wanting to hop on whatever steam is left on that bandwagon?

Tags
None