Callum Nathan Thomas Edmunds / MauLer93 / MauLer - Discussion of a youtube reviewer

Are MauLer's videos too long?

• Yes

Votes: 52 12.7%
  • No

Votes: 120 29.4%
  • Fuck YES

Votes: 236 57.8%

• Total voters

PenguinSuitAlice

Frosty Witch of Mad Fancy
kiwifarms.net
I get the impression he only recently got into TLOU because of the backlash against the game, was he a fan of the original game or is he just purely wanting to hop on whatever steam is left on that bandwagon?
No. He's bandwagoning. He played all of both of them on stream a few days ago. He'll probably put the stream archive on his second channel soon.

Last edited:

Lensherr

kiwifarms.net
No. He's bandwagoning. He played all of both of them on stream a few days ago. He'll probably put the stream archive on his second channel soon.
What I wonder is how much MauLer actually knew about the game going in. If he did know about what happens in it, and already knew that he wasn’t going to like it, why would he willingly subject himself to an experience that he won’t get any enjoyment out of?

Frog Gremlin

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What I wonder is how much MauLer actually knew about the game going in. If he did know about what happens in it, and already knew that he wasn’t going to like it, why would he willingly subject himself to an experience that he won’t get any enjoyment out of?
Same reason he watched the sequel trilogy so many times - bandwagon bucks.

biscuitscilia

kiwifarms.net
Probably trannies.
It'll be interesting to see how he addresses it now that Jay's one.

Last edited:

Dreamer

Cube Snek
kiwifarms.net
Behold, this is his modus operandi:
- see something popular, preferably SJW-adjacent
- read up online, get what the popular vote is
- "experience" the thing
- round up your yes-men and do a stream on it
- ""dissect"" the thing scene by scene, second by second while getting progressively assmad
- have a "controversial opinion" at least once
- if the topic is a hit, bitch about it on social media and generally milk the subject until it stops being cool to stamp on
- get paid, watch your ego grow like bamboo

Lensherr

kiwifarms.net
1596136154493.jpeg
Generally speaking, when a reviewer isn’t truly interested in reviewing a movie/show/game/whatever and are only doing it because it’s demanded of them, the quality of the review tends to suffer. This also happened with the Plinkett reviews for the Sequel Trilogy, which weren’t as good as the prequel reviews due to Mike Stoklassa’s general lack of interest (that said, they’re still better and more insightful than pretty much anything MauLer’s done).

Cemila Mandes

kiwifarms.net
Generally speaking, when a reviewer isn’t truly interested in reviewing a movie/show/game/whatever and are only doing it because it’s demanded of them, the quality of the review tends to suffer. This also happened with the Plinkett reviews for the Sequel Trilogy, which weren’t as good as the prequel reviews due to Mike Stoklassa’s general lack of interest (that said, they’re still better and more insightful than pretty much anything MauLer’s done).
MauLer's fans eat up anything he puts out, regardless of the quality. Even his no-effort streams generate money and are considered legitimate responses by his fans.

biscuitscilia

kiwifarms.net
The thread tells me that Jay is getting pressured by troons, I wonder how it will end up?
It's only on the longman bad shit, my guess he'll ignore it and use himself to shield Mauler from "transphobia" accusations from trannies like Patricia Taxxon. At best, he'll just be a centrist tranny like Blaire White but left-leaning instead of right.
And it's fascinating how they just spam the same response over and over.
"He's only doing it to give the best amount of attention to detail! There's no time limit!"
I wonder if they've ever considered that there's a reason why they keep getting that critique. That maybe there's some truth to it and they should try to explore the critiques as oppose to just dismissing it.
The responses to Mauler's tweet feel like they're ripped straight from Reddit, too.

Elescondio20

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1484497
As people here already said.. money!
The biggest hits of Mauler are all about things that were trendy at the time GOT, Captain Marvel and Star Wars .. so why focus on making good content when you can simpy chase trends? TLOU2 is the new populat thing to hate so why wouldnt he ?

• Agree
Reactions: BR55 and Korpon

PenguinSuitAlice

kiwifarms.net
As people here already said.. money!
The biggest hits of Mauler are all about things that were trendy at the time GOT, Captain Marvel and Star Wars .. so why focus on making good content when you can simpy chase trends? TLOU2 is the new populat thing to hate so why wouldnt he ?
It's not even that. He's bandwagoning late. The TLOU2 ship sailed a month ago. He probably realized that his current trends were drying up and jumped to the most recent one so that he could keep his audience satisfied until he continues his TFA review.

Cemila Mandes

kiwifarms.net
MauLer doesn't pick fights he thinks he can't win. That's why he avoids anything with his personal information, as much as it kills him not to respond.

PenguinSuitAlice

kiwifarms.net
He would make a 20 hour long reeee video and his r.etarded fans would create accounts here to defend their fart huffing overlord.
I think a lot if not most of his fans are pretty reasonable and just like his style of reviews. They are probably ignorant to his drama and just watch him to see him take apart movies and bad reviewers or are still riding of of their anger at big movie trends. I'm actually pretty sure that they internally have been noticing his problems of late and if they came to this thread, they would become more confident in voicing their grievances. It happened to me, so I guess there has to be plenty of others. Mauler exposing this thread to his audience would be a bad move. A few of his cultists would come here from Reddit to debate us and spew their awful memes and textwalls, but that isn't something this site hasn't handled before.

Last edited:

Getting tard comed

kiwifarms.net
He's still supposed to be doing a season 8 GoTs review. Which is never going to happen.

Another youtuber has made 18 separate videos rewriting character arcs for GoT season 8(including some not in season 8 )and Mauler's last GoT vid was episode 3? 4? I can't fault him for the hustle but that's clearly all it is.

• DRINK!
Reactions: Draza

Draza

Drinks on me
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He's still supposed to be doing a season 8 GoTs review. Which is never going to happen.

Another youtuber has made 18 separate videos rewriting character arcs for GoT season 8(including some not in season 8 )and Mauler's last GoT vid was episode 3? 4? I can't fault him for the hustle but that's clearly all it is.
Last GoT review he did was episode 5. Episode 6 is the last one, and it looks like he can't be bothered to that.

DisaffectedDude

kiwifarms.net
They're on a new review and it's one comparing Knives Out to TLJ. It's just inescapable for them isn't it?
That makes me think they watched Filmento's video explaining why Knives out worked where The Last Jedi failed. Bold of them to go after a film reviewer on YT who is infinitely better at their job than they are, and can explain why a film works/doesn't work in 12-15 min(ish).

Also, as for MauLer's dabbling with TLOU2 - it's really pathetic. At least with Star Wars and Marvel films I can tell he has some vested interest in the franchise, which provides some justification for his spergfest videos, But TLOU2 is 100% bandwagoning, because afaik he hadn't even played TLOU1 until like a week or 2 ago? I can somewhat understand sperginess when your passionate about a subject, I mean who'm amongst us hasn't thought about typing a 10000 word essay about something we loved or hated?

And yes, MauLer, long-form media is fine-and-dandy. Plenty of content creators have made lovely work that others would call 'quite long', but the problem is their length serves a purpose. They have something to say, and need more time to do so. Your videos are just long because you can't edit down your shit. But, no, it's more important that you spend a min or 2 comparing a moment in LOTR they spent multiple films building up to a single meta-moment where the audience/characters are reunited with some classic iconography for the first time in several decades.

tl;dr MauLer should stick to sperging about shit he's passionate about instead of bandwagoning on a subject that most people have already forgotten by now.

Tags
None