Callum Nathan Thomas Edmunds / MauLer93 / MauLer - Discussion of a youtube reviewer

Are MauLer's videos too long?

• Yes

Votes: 52 12.7%
  • No

Votes: 120 29.4%
  • Fuck YES

Votes: 236 57.8%

• Total voters

biscuitscilia

kiwifarms.net
On a different note, as I said earlier, Mauler plans to create a TLOU2 review followed by a Knives Out review before his next TFA part. Both will probably be Unbridled Rages. I'm just baffled that he wants to make a Knives Out review. I guess it is a way of extending the Rian Johnson hate train rail line a few extra miles. But that is a movie that became completely irrelevant months ago. At least TLOUs still has some steam left in it, but Knives Out is mostly forgotten at this point. I guess it continues to show how reliant he is of TLJ, and by extension, Rian Johnson. I wonder when his next Gotham High riff will come out on J Longbone's channel (It's probably all recorded but not edited). I was recently wondering if that is a sign of his dabbling in the inevitable death of the Western Comic book industry, which itself is a dying hate trend, to be honest.
Rian Johnson is their Moby Dick, EFAP is like the Pequod. Mauler is Ahab if he was a fat, short, autistic Brit and if you replaced Ahab's crew with furfags, trannies, and smug intellectuals.
In all seriousness, I think Rian Johnson is just the go-to punching bag. Kinda like how Anita or Kristi Winters were for Sargon. He's an easy cow to milk and instant praise is almost guaranteed.

Getting tard comed

kiwifarms.net
On a different note, as I said earlier, Mauler plans to create a TLOU2 review followed by a Knives Out review before his next TFA part. Both will probably be Unbridled Rages. I'm just baffled that he wants to make a Knives Out review. I guess it is a way of extending the Rian Johnson hate train rail line a few extra miles. But that is a movie that became completely irrelevant months ago. At least TLOUs still has some steam left in it, but Knives Out is mostly forgotten at this point. I guess it continues to show how reliant he is of TLJ, and by extension, Rian Johnson. I wonder when his next Gotham High riff will come out on J Longbone's channel (It's probably all recorded but not edited). I was recently wondering if that is a sign of his dabbling in the inevitable death of the Western Comic book industry, which itself is a dying hate trend, to be honest.
Is he really? That's idiotic because, as I've said earlier, Rian Johnson isn't an inherently bad filmmaker. Knives out, from everything I've heard online and irl, is a good entertaining movie. There isn't an audience for bashing on it outside of TLJ haters and if that's the audience he is aiming for he will not be around this time in two years unless he changes.

I wish there were smarter youtubers around doing the kind of thing Mauler does, but they have actual jobs. Oh well.

PenguinSuitAlice

Frosty Witch of Mad Fancy
kiwifarms.net
Is he really? That's idiotic because, as I've said earlier, Rian Johnson isn't an inherently bad filmmaker. Knives out, from everything I've heard online and irl, is a good entertaining movie. There isn't an audience for bashing on it outside of TLJ haters and if that's the audience he is aiming for he will not be around this time in two years unless he changes.

I wish there were smarter youtubers around doing the kind of thing Mauler does, but they have actual jobs. Oh well.
My basis for this is from his most recent EFAP. I set a timestamp starting from where he describes his future plans.

• Informative
Reactions: Draza

Cemila Mandes

kiwifarms.net
Like I said, the series finale was bad, sure, but GoT has been bad since season 6 when GRRM left and Dumb & Dumber were out of books to adapt. It's like Mass Effect, people keep saying that the ME3 ending sucks but in reality it's the entire game that sucks.
I get what you're saying, but my point is GoT S8 still stings worse because that's the only official ending. If Star Wars fans act like the sequel trilogy doesn't exist, they still get the Empire's defeat, Luke's journey into becoming a Jedi, and the redemption of Darth Vader. If GoT fans act like everything after S5 doesn't exist, they get unresolved cliffhangers.

Lensherr

kiwifarms.net
On the subject of Game Of Thrones Season 8 vs The Last Jedi, I’d have to say that the former had the more negative impact on its respective franchise.

As others have pointed out, barely anyone talks about GoT anymore, whereas for better or worse, people are still talking about Star Wars.

Plus, Star Wars has been pretty divisive ever since the Original Trilogy special editions, with The Mandalorian being the closest thing to being something universally acclaimed by the fanbase since then, so in a way, it was par for the course for the franchise.

Lastly, what also needs to be considered is how Rian Johnson’s career prospects haven’t taken a turn for the worse. In fact, his last film was the most critically acclaimed of his career, was nominated for a bunch of awards (including an Oscar, a BAFTA, and several Golden Globes), and grossed over $300 million on a $40 million budget (so even though it was marketed as “from the director of The Last Jedi” it didn’t turn people off from seeing it). Meanwhile, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss don’t have any major projects lined up AFAIK (feel free to correct me if I’m wrong).

biscuitscilia

kiwifarms.net
Plus, Star Wars has been pretty divisive ever since the Original Trilogy special editions, with The Mandalorian being the closest thing to being something universally acclaimed by the fanbase since then, so in a way, it was par for the course for the franchise.
And yet people act as if it's a recent thing with Disney, Rian Johnson, Kathleen Kennedy or whatever scapegoat being the blame but the franchise was on decline when Return of the Jedi came out.
I find it interesting the recent attempts to portray George Lucas as some kind of martyr because a lot of the problems with Star Wars started with him. Midnight's Edge is clearly leaning towards the George Lucas martyrdom angle and I think EFAP is too but they at least try not to make excuses for the prequels.
I think a lot of them reject any Disney-era Star Wars stuff just to be contrarian. It's far more profitable to bitch about the state of a franchise that hasn't been good since 1983.

On the subject of Game Of Thrones Season 8 vs The Last Jedi, I’d have to say that the former had the more negative impact on its respective franchise.

As others have pointed out, barely anyone talks about GoT anymore, whereas for better or worse, people are still talking about Star Wars.

Lastly, what also needs to be considered is how Rian Johnson’s career prospects haven’t taken a turn for the worse. In fact, his last film was the most critically acclaimed of his career, was nominated for a bunch of awards (including an Oscar, a BAFTA, and several Golden Globes), and grossed over $300 million on a $40 million budget (so even though it was marketed as “from the director of The Last Jedi” it didn’t turn people off from seeing it). Meanwhile, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss don’t have any major projects lined up AFAIK (feel free to correct me if I’m wrong).
TLJ didn't kill the franchise because Star Wars has a variety of content, the ST may have been shit but you still have The Mandalorian, Clone Wars, Jedi Fallen Order, and the anthology movies which are things people enjoy and love. With the excitement for The Mandalorian season 2 and Star Wars Squadrons, there is still hope for the future of the franchise.

Game of Thrones only has itself and the books (which I don't expect to come out anytime soon), it didn't have anything else to rely on so that's why it died.

Cemila Mandes

kiwifarms.net
So was Rian Johnson, actually. Though to be honest the inner workings of Disney's higher-ups right now are about as clear and predictable as Mauler's future plans.
The difference between Johnson's trilogy and D&D's trilogy is Johnson's trilogy has never officially been cancelled, contrary to what the obligatory clickbait channels say. It's as likely as MauLer completing the TFA series, but Johnson can survive without it.

Shieldman

kiwifarms.net
My basis for this is from his most recent EFAP. I set a timestamp starting from where he describes his future plans.
Making the TLOU2 UR was practically a knee-jerk reaction. I don't think he'll respect his own plans at all. It sounds like everything could change if he gets distracted along the way with other shiny thing.
It wouldn't be so much of a problem if it's video production wasn't so slow thanks to the over-editing. The video that put him on the map, the TLJ Unbridled Rage was made less than a week after the movie's opening.
Talking about slow turn out, Rags supposedly has been doing a Mandalorian video but it has been many months with no sign of it.

Peep Plops

kiwifarms.net
Mr. Hard Drinkin' sounds like a kid trying to imitate daddy coming home from the pub and the level of desperate performance contained within is enough to make me disregard everything he says. Well, that plus the incessesant spouting of tired memes trying to pass as critique; stunning and brave indeed.

Sinners Sandwich

Eid Htrad Redav Eid !
kiwifarms.net
Wtf Criticalstinker pretends to be drunk on EFAP?? I'm not watching this trash but if it's true then he is more fucking autistic than I thought.

Remember this is the fart huffer who thinks he is better than others because he is writing mediocre spy novels and thinks the movie Midsonmar is about female feminist empowerment because he is dumb as shit.

Edit: I watched a few minutes. He doesn't pretend to be drunk. Good. My point still stands tho.

Last edited:

Korpon

amazing chest ahead
kiwifarms.net
Jesus christ, the "drunk" one is absolutely the worst. Just listening to him talk is embarrassing.
And Rags (that's the dog) probably deserves his own tread.
Rags does have his own thread, although it isn't too long. Usually most of his dumb shit is with Mauler and EFAP, so it usually gets mentioned here.

Peep Plops

kiwifarms.net
Wtf Criticalstinker pretends to be drunk on EFAP?? I'm not watching this trash but if it's true then he is more fucking autistic than I thought...
To be honest I haven't actually watched the efap because I can hardly imagine a worse way to spend my time than by listening to the retard roundtable nit-pick movies to death and jerk eachother off. As for the drunk gimmick, in my opinion to make it work you've got to appear pathetic in a comical manner instead of whatever hardman front this pedant is putting up. The former endears people to you and gives an appropriate leeway in going blue with the material, whereas the latter just makes it look like a kid trying way too hard and makes me question whether this person has ever actually been drunk in their life.

biscuitscilia

kiwifarms.net
Wtf Criticalstinker pretends to be drunk on EFAP?? I'm not watching this trash but if it's true then he is more fucking autistic than I thought.

Remember this is the fart huffer who thinks he is better than others because he is writing mediocre spy novels and thinks the movie Midsonmar is about female feminist empowerment because he is dumb as shit.

Edit: I watched a few minutes. He doesn't pretend to be drunk. Good. My point still stands tho.
I used to remember him doing the voice a few times but I guess he stopped but I know the Voxis Productions guy does his Professor Tosspot voice on EFAP all the time, or at least most of the time. I'm not too sure because I can't be damned to watch through an entire session unless specifically looking at segments.

Tags
None