Callum Nathan Thomas Edmunds / MauLer93 / MauLer - Discussion of a youtube reviewer

Are MauLer's videos too long?

• Yes

Votes: 52 12.7%
  • No

Votes: 120 29.4%
  • Fuck YES

Votes: 236 57.8%

• Total voters

cecograph

kiwifarms.net
GOT really just vanished from online/pop culture. There was like a month of everyone shitting on season 8 and then it was like the show never existed. Meanwhile there's still a seemingly endless amount of raging over TLJ, I don't get it at all.
GoT is like Lost. It was this show that you got really invested in and you hyped it up to all your mates. But it turned into an utter embarrassing failure that retroactively destroyed everything that came before it, and so now you don't want to admit to ever caring for the show. Best to pretend the whole thing never existed.

We don't talk about Game of Thrones.

Star Wars fans, on the other hand, still have the Star Wars they care about, and just need to rage about TLJ until it is ejected from the popular perception of canon.

(that said: /r/freefolk is still raging)

Korpon

amazing chest ahead
kiwifarms.net
This is the first EFAP I've tried watching in quite awhile, and holy fuck I remember how annoying these are to watch. It's always "ramble about shit for 2-10 minutes, play for 3 seconds, ramble about whatever else (even if they agree with what the guy is saying in the vid), play for 1.5 seconds (they just did this Dunkey's vid)" and so on. This is so boring holy shit.

They really are bandwagoning hard with this, all of the things they're saying is the same shit I've heard from a couple dozen other content creators a month or so ago. It's such a sad attempt at trying to milk shekels out of this.

Edit: Rags calling others "simple minded" is rich as fuck

PenguinSuitAlice

Frosty Witch of Mad Fancy
kiwifarms.net
My bluff of calling him a little bitch worked, now their autistic fanbases will clash and we will all win.
In order for that to happen, we would need Dunkey to acknowledge him. Mauler loves drama, and will probably start replying to Dunkey's tweets to provoke him if Dunkey starts referencing him. I've never looked at Dunkey's Twitter. How likely is he to engage in a Twitter spat?
They've finished their response to Dunkey, btw.

Korpon

amazing chest ahead
kiwifarms.net
In order for that to happen, we would need Dunkey to acknowledge him. Mauler loves drama, and will probably start replying to Dunkey's tweets to provoke him if Dunkey starts referencing him. I've never looked at Dunkey's Twitter. How likely is he to engage in a Twitter spat?
They've finished their response to Dunkey, btw.
I checked his Twitter and he seems to be somewhat inactive on it, only tweeting a couple times a month. But who knows, maybe if Mauler tweets at him or mentions him a lot he may respond.

ChevroletBlackboard

kiwifarms.net
If we're reverse-psychologying Mauler and his cronies into watching bad shit just so they can try (and fail) to dunk on people they don't like, what're the chances of tricking him into watching RWBY since Hbomb did a video on it last week?

God knows the RWBY fandom deserves a shithead like Mauler.

Frog Gremlin

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
At least I got Just Write right. He can't help himself, he just NEEDS to sandbag him whenever he can.
Pretty sure he'll get to Cosmonaut soon enough.
wasn't cosmonaut's take on the game pretty split? I've no doubt that mauler will through a pissfit about it anyway because it's cosmonaut, but I wouldn't call that review positive.

buying gf

fite me 1v1 wildy
kiwifarms.net
Like I said, the series finale was bad, sure, but GoT has been bad since season 6 when GRRM left and Dumb & Dumber were out of books to adapt. It's like Mass Effect, people keep saying that the ME3 ending sucks but in reality it's the entire game that sucks.
I have to disagree with D&D running out of books to adapt. There were still books (or rather, material in the Feast/Dance) to adapt, its just that they chose not to. They cut Aeron and Victarion, making a mess of the Kingsmoot. Brienne's search for Sansa and adventures in Crackclaw Point was cut, and no Lady Stoneheart. Although there was a Dornish plotline in the show, it bore no resemblance to the books, with Arianne being cut/merged with Ellaria, no Myrcella plot, no Darkstar, no Quentin. Most importantly, no JonCon and Young Griff. I'm sure I've missed other things too.

Now, there might be good arguments as to why they chose not to include some or even all of these plotlines, perhaps for relevance e.g. Quentin or Crackclaw Point, or being too confusing for the drooling audience watching in the bar e.g. JonCon/Griff. But the material was there and I think it could have worked. D&D just didn't give a shit.

Austrian Conscript 1915

133 days in Przemysl
kiwifarms.net
I don't know why so many people dislike mauler, he's a great guy. When I see mauler I see a great man, a magnificent man of great intellect. His reviews are saturated with deep and thought provoking criticisms only rivaled by the great intellectuals of the past. Kant, Plato (fuck aristotle because he saw things as subjective), Evola, Rogan, Mauler...

But, in all seriousness, everyone in this thread has blind and irrational hatred for Mauler. "long man bad". I tried to get these unspeakable truths out on the cringe fest known as reddit and the ground started shaking and the police shot high density molecular beams into my house. Mauler is truly anti-establishment

I'm just joking, the above was my serious attempt to impersonate a cock sucking mauler fan. His fans are pseudo intellectuals, and he himself is dumb

Elescondio20

kiwifarms.net
If we're reverse-psychologying Mauler and his cronies into watching bad shit just so they can try (and fail) to dunk on people they don't like, what're the chances of tricking him into watching RWBY since Hbomb did a video on it last week?

God knows the RWBY fandom deserves a shithead like Mauler.
Speaking of Hbomber i can totally believe Mauler was a fan his at some point because both share the problem of dragging their points for longer than they needed too and making their vids a drag to watch...
The difference being that Hbomberguy at least understands that's a problem and says he wants to improve on it , unlike Mauler who doesnt understand why that's a problem to begin with

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Draza

Getting tard comed

kiwifarms.net
I don't know why so many people dislike mauler, he's a great guy. When I see mauler I see a great man, a magnificent man of great intellect. His reviews are saturated with deep and thought provoking criticisms only rivaled by the great intellectuals of the past. Kant, Plato (fuck aristotle because he saw things as subjective), Evola, Rogan, Mauler...

But, in all seriousness, everyone in this thread has blind and irrational hatred for Mauler. "long man bad". I tried to get these unspeakable truths out on the cringe fest known as reddit and the ground started shaking and the police shot high density molecular beams into my house. Mauler is truly anti-establishment
Well done, I see what you did there and it's a pretty good meme post. I would believe one of his fans saying something like this.

• Feels
Reactions: Draza

Austrian Conscript 1915

133 days in Przemysl
kiwifarms.net
Well done, I see what you did there and it's a pretty good meme post. I would believe one of his fans saying something like this.
However, I'm a Mauler fan and I believe in objective criticism. I know this isn't a thread for a discussion about objective criticism, but I'm a butt hurt shit poster and my post was supposed to be on several levels of irony so I can indirectly express my anger to all the people that dislike mauler.

Getting tard comed

kiwifarms.net
However, I'm a Mauler fan and I believe in objective criticism. I know this isn't a thread for a discussion about objective criticism, but I'm a butt hurt shit poster and my post was supposed to be on several levels of irony so I can indirectly express my anger to all the people that dislike mauler.
Tbh, the most disappointing thing about Mauler for me(besides his retardation in judging movies based on a script that changes all the time during filming based on director and actor choices) is that I believe in objective criticism too. He is so dumb and subjective in his "objectivity" that he ruins the concept.

Austrian Conscript 1915

133 days in Przemysl
kiwifarms.net
Tbh, the most disappointing thing about Mauler for me(besides his retardation in judging movies based on a script that changes all the time during filming based on director and actor choices) is that I believe in objective criticism too. He is so dumb and subjective in his "objectivity" that he ruins the concept.
If he is criticizing the script then he is criticizing the single script that went into the finished movie, it's no use looking at a potential script because no one aside from the director and actors saw those. i think mauler is a fine critic

biscuitscilia

kiwifarms.net
If he is criticizing the script then he is criticizing the single script that went into the finished movie, it's no use looking at a potential script because no one aside from the director and actors saw those. i think mauler is a fine critic
I think you can be objective but people are thinking about it based around Mauler's interpretation of the idea. Which is ironically, not very consistent or defined.
Objective opinions on art is possible and fine, because it's not necessarily you giving a definitive answer to the quality of a piece of art, it's you trying to judge art without personal beliefs or feelings and trying to be factual.

Issue is, Mauler flip flops from this line of thinking to "art is objective" and therefore you should treat his opinions as the definitive interpretation on art. You can't really do that with film because films have different objectives and are not made with the same intent. This is why his views on Taxi Driver are embarrassing and why he gravitates towards Hollywood blockbusters, because the latter is easier to discuss and give labels to than more experimental films like Taxi Driver, which isn't that complex but is clearly out of his league due to its intent being to study the kind of person Travis Bickle is as oppose to being simply entertainment. That requires more effort to analyze and is not really something you can just stamp a label of "good" or "bad" on. At least not how Mauler does it.
I can imagine if he watched, say, A Clockwork Orange, he probably wouldn't like it because Alex is a rapist and a murderer and he'd take that at its surface level. The film revolves around hefty ideas about societal decay, psychology, dystopian totalitarianism, and violence. To this day, the film is hard for some people to watch because of that. But he'll never try to look into those ideas because that's frankly not his M.O. and he's only interested in a literal interpretation of art.
However, I do think art can be objective in some aspects. I think writing can be objective but there is generally a lot going on for film that it's harder to give definitive answers to films not designed to be entertainment.

AnAccount

kiwifarms.net
The best approach for criticism is to have Standards, Which are not objective, They can be quite subjective, but they provide you and your audience a form of Almost Measurable and relatable framework to Contextualize movies.

I can't say it's objectively bad that Rey overcomes her non obstacles so easily in the force awakens, But I can impart that I have a standards, And Rey's story does not reach my standards of what a good character should be.

In fact all mauler really has is standards he judges movies by, he just confuses his standards for an objective ruleset.

Tags
None