Can we get a section for the Opie and Anthony community refugees? - A community so dedicated to aspergery, we got Reddit to change its ToS

Single Action Army

kiwifarms.net
Here's a few excerpts from the email I sent to Null explaining our situation from the now-defunct Opie and Anthony subreddit. This was a few months ago. I received no response so I'm not sure if that means this request was denied or he just didn't see my email:

--- I doubt you've heard, but r/opieandanthony has been fully purged from Reddit. Despite our best efforts, they've finally scattered us to the point where regrouping is nearly impossible. In fact, they've changed their entire site-wide policy on "B U L L Y I N G" in reaction to our shenanigans:
red.png

There was no copyrighted material posted (nor any targeted harassment of users). This was Reddit panicking in reaction to hundreds of false DMCAs filed by fat cow-faced shithead Joe Cumia whenever we would photoshop his head onto bovines or hotdogs. I recall you mentioning on stream that the very same fat faggot tried to get his Farms page removed for the same reason. He is completely powerless and in the wrong, but cancel culture supercedes logic.

I'm here to make a humble request of you. As fellow autistic champions of free speech and not wanting to let some bumbling "white" trash boomer win, nearly 3,000 spergs would love it if you could make an Opie and Anthony subdirectory on the Farms, like how you have a whole section dedicated to DSP or Brianna Wu. You'd receive a nice glut of new members, many of which are fat boomers themselves and have lots of disposable income to donate. All the dumb gag videos posted on the old sub got lots of guys digging deep to toss the creators a few bucks. I'd make sure to spread the word for the guys to donate generously.

I hope you read this. The decision is yours, and if you don't take us largely adult male refugees in, then at least you're smarter than the EU. But thanks for all you do in keeping the Farms alive. Look forward to hearing from you. ---

TL;DR

A few thousand spergs on reddit enjoyed making fun of Opie, Anthony, and the fringe exceptional individuals related to their world. Those exceptional individuals fought back and Reddit caved. I wish there would be somewhere for us to corral again that isn't just one single post like the Joe Cumia page.

Do it to spite reddit, pls.

Alex Krycek

He’s a goof, he’s aloof, he’s seeking out reason.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Show some samples of the kind of material you guys posted. If it’s just “He’s fat“ we already have a user here who does that.

If this just becomes a haven for members of your subreddit with no other context and it attracts a bunch of opposition that’s going to annoy a lot of people pretty fast. In all honesty I’m going to vote no and I’ve probably only listened to a handful of segments from their show.

edboy

I love you
kiwifarms.net
I've read stories of the shit that went on in the several O&A subreddits and while I find the antics amusing, I don't think it would be a good choice for this site. I don't think all of the frequenters of the former subreddits are terrible people, but It's probably gonna be another Weeb Wars where there's a lot of spergs shitting up the site a bit more.

On top of that, there's probably a bit of risk from the boomers who don't know the rules here and may think that this site is dedicated to harassment.

Last edited:

Cardenio

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was a Howard Stern listener myself, but there's a lot of fun to be with the OnA community. The contributors and some of the superfans definitely fall into Cow territory.

So I'd definitely support the creation of a board, with that said there would need to be some lax moderation to keep the spergery in check.

If anyone needs some basic info on it Porsalin's documentaries are fascinating. I also like Beige Frequency's video on the Patrice O'Neal scam documentary.

MementoMalum

Sinners in the hands of an angry virus
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't see why these people need a subforum to themselves. Just join and post their content in the relevant threads, or if the thread doesn't exist, make the thread.

All the subforums (and threads, really) on this site are about the individual/group being talked about, not those doing the talking.

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
I've read stories of the shit that went on in the several O&A subreddits and while I find the antics amusing, I don't think it would be a good choice for this site. I don't think all of the frequenters of the former subreddits are terrible people, but It's probably gonna be another Weeb Wars where there's a lot of spergs shitting up the site a bit more.
Isnt Weeb Wars largely contained to Weeb Wars?

I was a Howard Stern listener myself, but there's a lot of fun to be with the OnA community. The contributors and some of the superfans definitely fall into Cow territory.

So I'd definitely support the creation of a board, with that said there would need to be some lax moderation to keep the spergery in check.

If anyone needs some basic info on it Porsalin's documentaries are fascinating. I also like Beige Frequency's video on the Patrice O'Neal scam documentary.

I would say it would only need its own board if there are quite a few cows that surround O&A. Maybe 10+ cause thats kinda how many started the Weeb Wars forum.

Null

Ooperator
Patriarch
kiwifarms.net
It's not about how many people they talk about. In 2014/2015 I had trouble deciding when we needed a new board, but it came down to the size and isolation of the audience, not the size of the scope. That's why Internet Famous makes sense as a board. The people there are mostly following e-celebs that may not be outright lolcows. It has a culture to it not present elsewhere.

Tags
None