Can we laugh at dead lolcows? - A discussion on the ethics of finding humor in the dead.

NoStinkingBadges

kiwifarms.net
People make fun of David Carradine all the time. Often, David Carradine jokes leave me choked up with laughter. Sometimes they're so hilarious they leave me gasping for air. Some of them are so good they really take your breath away.

Still, these jokes need a bit of time before one can make them. It's generally bad form to make fun of people who haven't been buried yet. Once they're six feet under or in some urn somewhere, I think that's when we can crack wise in general about the dead. Lolcows are people. Terrible people, oftentimes, but still people. So generally I'd hold off on the yuks until they've been buried.

In cases like Trans Life Line's bodycount, I've noticed kiwis channeling their tranny jokes towards Greta, not her latest kill. That I think should be the metric.

Coldgrip

Dragon Kick your ass into the Milky Way.
kiwifarms.net
In cases like Trans Life Line's bodycount, I've noticed kiwis channeling their tranny jokes towards Greta, not her latest kill. That I think should be the metric.
It really depends on who died. Generally, when some dumb kids off themself you'll get maybe a few jokes, but for the most part no one really will poke fun at it, particularly if it was revealed that someone like Kjel had a hand in it. If on the other hand some melodramatic attention whore winds up chugging bleach because some disgusting ogre and his curry-nigger boyfriend couldn't be arsed to answer the phone, then yeah, I'd say there's some humor in that.

sikotik

It's Lego Frank Mutha Fucka!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Still, these jokes need a bit of time before one can make them. It's generally bad form to make fun of people who haven't been buried yet.
Leave that to Hayden Black who starts cracking "jokes" before the meat wagon even gets to the morgue.

Miel67

Die, Faggots
kiwifarms.net
Mock them for living; mock them in the afterlife. Harsh, but that's what I think

Fangsofjeff

♡ rətard ♡
kiwifarms.net
I think it's a bit two-faced when people make fun of others when they're alive but suddenly act like that person was respectable once they're dead. So yes.

While Julie's death was unfortunate, her life was amusing and I am sure her horrifying vagina was a gate to hell.
screamingvag.jpg

I would say yes and we should take it one step further and dox their grave site.
Naww, that would just hurt the grieving family and potentially promote I HAVE AUTISM PLEASE LAUGH AT ME.

RichardMongler

kiwifarms.net
I take it you mean lolcows who've died rather than dead people who'd be considered lolcows were they living today.

Hard to say for me, but personally, I've had half a mind to create a thread on William Luther Pierce solely because of this:

AnOminous

I'm not mad at anyone, honest.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I come to bury my berry in Julie Terryberry, not to praise her!

nice

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To deny parts of the deceased's existence by demanding silence of those who point and laugh at their lolcow highlights is far more disrespectful to the dead than any mockery made on a New Zealand agriculturist cyberstalking alliance forum.

• Agree
Reactions: Fangsofjeff
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino