Canada is a failed state

StraightShooter2

kiwifarms.net
The middle class got wiped out here in under one decade. Home prices are in the millions for every kind of detached home in large and mid sized cities, even tiny towns too. Rent is off the charts. Wages have dropped in all professions except M.D's and even with them, if they make 300k in one year (of the highest earners) the government takes off 150k (yes really).

Birth rate is practically zero and our population is only propped up with unsustainable levels of immigration. Of course people dislike immigrants because they're usually the pesky ''brown people'' and white's in Canada (and other countries) aren't thrilled over their cities and towns becoming immigrant majority as with culture changes among other things. But the thing is, I fear due to the rapidly declining quality of life in Canada over the things I mentioned I don't even think will be able to get ''Them'' in the coming years. Immigrants who have come to Canada seeking a better life have quickly realized this is not the type country where hard work will get you ahead. Many have left Canada to go to the United States or back home. So what does that mean for Canada's population growth? it's not hard to figure out. They have to get ''temporary foreign workers'' to fill those ''9 dollar an hour'' hard labour jobs as there's not enough people around to do them.

You top that all off with an era of the most corrupt politicians we've ever had and you have a sinking ship.
Not following the narrative here? Is this just another thread whining about immigrants/refugees/brown people?

If that's all it is then be more concise next time instead of posting a complete wall of text.

Skitzels

kiwifarms.net
Well, whenever the Maple Leaf is torn down and replaced by a cool Fascist flag, I'd be happy to join my Canadian cousins up there.
I propose we use this one for new Leafland, to reflect the fact we’re all getting radicalized together
DBEA3EE5-83F8-4A37-B61C-91FD0BD17FAC.png

Sweetpeaa

kiwifarms.net
Screenshot 2021-12-06 18.11.28.png

What the fuck is going on? it was never like this before. We had freedom of the press in Canada at the very LEAST. This is something that happens in a third world country. We know the U.S has a big mess with lots of issues themselves but I've never heard a U.S journalist being put in jail in their own country for reporting information on an event. This is madness. It's one thing to refuse to print a journalists article (which does happen in Canada) jailing them for it though is a whole new low.

Last edited:

Splinters RCVD

The Dark Reality comes. Jesus Christ have mercy.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Quite a sobering thread. It is sad, Canada was one of the very few countries remaining that I pondered moving to. If not, then what else can you all recommend for an Eastern European like me, who wants to be nowhere near Europe?

Splinters RCVD

The Dark Reality comes. Jesus Christ have mercy.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2780461
View attachment 2780463View attachment 2780465View attachment 2780464
Canucks like to bitch about housing prices, but they’re still too passive aggressive to do anything about it if these comments on Erin O’Toole’s page are anything to go by
The last comment is actually kind of thought-provoking. Backroom deals and corruption at top dog and banker levels can essentially be used to force directives and economical burdens on the populace that a communist government would simply achieve by public mandate. A kind of shadow communism.

BeepBoopBeepBoop

kiwifarms.net
>American pussies move to Canada to avoid the draft
>Canada welcomes them with opens arms
>also has sizeable French population that never went to the swamp
Serves them right :smug:

Sweetpeaa

kiwifarms.net

Skitzels

kiwifarms.net
What would ''Boldly Conservative'' mean? Conservative in Canada means even MORE immigrants, lower wages and more taxes on everyone but the 1%.
I guess they just want the platform the People’s Party of Canada has, but without the stigma associated with Maxime Bernier who is still leader even after the leadership review

Jarolleon

kiwifarms.net
More on immigration:

At this point, I’m not even worried about whites being replaced when just about every other immigrant coworker I have is straight up waiting until the pandemic shit ends to go back home.

When going back to Iraq/India/Lebanon/Syria/Haiti is preferable to living in Canada, that’s a sign of things starting to look bleak to put it lightly.

Even my African coworker is contemplating returning to Ghana because of how backwards Canada is. She said she enjoyed a much higher standard of living in Ghana than here, and that her medical education doesn’t seem to be worth Jack shit with how our hospitals run on unionized nepotism.

There’s also a dude from Hong Kong that lives down the street from me who feels ripped off by the “Canadian dream”.

I now want to know what the statistics on immigrants fleeing from Canada are now. If it’s getting downplayed, it’s probably way worse.

This is info that our own cucked government has admitted to. Goddamn it’s worse than I thought. I guess people don’t want to live in this progressive authoritarian hellhole after all

Coverage from CTV over it

There’s also people straight up saying immigrating to Canada is a net loss for all parties
To be fair the climate likely contributes to that. Most of this country has 4-6 months of winter. Anyone dark enough to fail the paper bag test probably has to take daily Vitamin D to function here, Toronto even has underground tunnels between their downtown buildings so that people can minimise their exposure to the cold (incidentally it is one of the most "diverse" cities in the country). I know that low-tier colleges and universities like those in my hometown aggressively market themselves in India to get that sweet international student cash, our diversity-obsessed government probably does something similar, promising them paradise until the cold reality hits them.
I believe that the pendulum could swing hard the other way, but it would be a very, very difficult proposition.

Frankly, I think that English Canada is cucked to hell, but French Canada does seem to be much more aware of what's going on in the world abroad, not afraid to tout it's own national identity, and not afraid to call out the bullshit of other parties.

I don't believe that the bloc would translate well in English Canada, but if you do look at what they have done over the past few years, it is a breath of fresh air. When the NDP said that the RCMP was a racist institution, the bloc had the gall to say "Well, we should investigate that" (and got called racist for it). When other cultures demand their place in Quebecois society, the bloc insists that the French identity be first regardless. When Western Canada kowtows to native issues, the bloc often avoids the cuckhold pageantry out west.

I do believe that Canada has its own national identity, both English and French, but the English identity in Canada has frankly lost its soul and that is what I worry for the most.

Maybe there is a chance that Canada could revive itself, could create a new identity that is uniquely Canadian, but as it is Ontario is largely just an extension of Toronto now, and BC the same for Hongcouver.

As for economics, thats always up for debate. I think that English Canada is fucked, and French Canada does have a chance at remaining something of its own.
Judging by the content of the public schools in Ontario, our national identity is "going native". Everything associated with native tribes has an air of moral authority to it, our society worships a mirage of hippie Injuns, and blames itself for the effects of their continual self-sabotage (there is a grain of truth in this, our government has been treating them like children since Confederation, first as overly stern parents with Residential Schools, and then as over-indulgent ones). We have them wail and drum at college graduation ceremonies to make us a little more "cultured", and land acknowledgements are all the rage. Hell, if a reactionary terror ever does happen, they'll probably switch to worshipping Injuns in the Steven Seagal kind of way rather than Captain Planet kind of way.

Even this could be an outgrowth of our "not America" anti-nationalism though, as the British were quite restrained in their dealings with the FNs compared to the Americans. I think we simply lack an inspiring founding myth like the US has, it's hard to get patriotic about fur traders, loyalists, and highland Scots who were so shit at farming & political organisation that they were cleared off their land to make room for more profitable sheep herds... by the same state that we stayed beholden to until the sixties.

Last edited:

Sweetpeaa

kiwifarms.net
It's odd how the smallest province in the country (Prince Edward Island) has a massive Asian population. I always heard about the Asian population in BC but not only is Anne of Green Gables beloved in Asian countries, but there is a large Buddhist temple who owns large plots of land (including a Buffalo sanctuary after the province could no longer bother to care about 100 buffalo Alberta donated to them).

There is a law there that the only way you can now own land is to be a permanent resident because they were losing large chunks to foreign investors. If you aren't a permanent resident, you need one to co-sign on the bill of sale as a partial owner. They truly believe they are the first and will be the last Canadians standing and have amped up their racism over the past decade to combat outsiders.

I'm surprised to make it to page three without a mention of Doug Ford, brother of dead crackhead mayor Rob Ford, who is now the Premier of Ontario and has done everything in his power to absolutely cripple the Ontario economy. I believe he also removed caps on rent increases, contributing to the ongoing housing crisis. Regardless of personal politics, I've yet to see anyone applaud a success Doug Ford has had. This is a man who ran on a platform that he would make beer $1. And people actually elected him.

Several cities in Ontario are suffering from urban sprawl as developers buy up what was once farmland and create McMansions that will deteriorate in a decade. Immigrants then pool their money together and buy these homes and have several generations of people living there, including sets of seniors and children unable to contribute. Then they rent out the illegal basements converted by them for $2k a month to pay for expenses and/or a mortgage.

I believe the most recent election which they scrambled together in thirty days cost 600 million dollars. While the healthcare system remains backed up, overrun or nearly inaccessible in some cases - after telling Canadians to sit at home so they didn't overrun their poorly funded ICUs with Covid cases.

The Canadian attitude has shifted during Covid. Perhaps the rest of the world won't notice because the reputation is so ingrained that they are polite and friendly. Canadians have always been the most passive aggressive people though - and their passiveness seems to be running out. Whether they react in ignorant aggression and contribute to the dumpster fire or quickly come to terms and revolutionize with reactionary aggression remains to be seen.

As a side note to add about Quebec - Montreal is the only major city with 2010 rent rates. You can find an extremely nice two bedroom apartment for $800 all inclusive. No one wants to learn French though. I also mention renting because any Canadian not born to moderately wealthy parents will never buy a house in their lifetime, let alone qualify for a mortgage or reasonable down payment.

My last last sperg is I haven't seen anyone mention the quiet opiod & drug epidemic almost every major Canadian city has. It is not a utopia. There is no Canadian dream. Some of these places look like stretches of Philadelphia and people freeze to death drunk and on drugs.

This is what happens I guess when the country was founded by a large percent of inbred French people.

Doug Ford was made provincial leader at the last moment. This will be rather shocking to hear but what got Patrick Brown booted out was not the sex scandal, but the fact that he wouldn't court the Christian crazies in this province. The So-con's wanted someone who would get rid of the sex ed curriculum (which included some ''gay stuff'') and defund abortion.

Patrick had no interest in doing such a thing so they tossed him out and quickly replaced him with Doug Ford, a man with minimal political experience and who barely completed high school. The P.C's could NOT win without the Christian right's support so they were willing to take the risk with Doug Ford at the helm. Now Doug did initially remove sex ed when he first became premier but he couldn't defund abortion from OHIP so easily and sex ed that included LGBT's had to be reinstated a year later. This has left a lot of So-Con's unimpressed with him but Doug does have the support of the developers and ''the wealthy''. And yes he fucked up Ontario much more than the media has let on.

Sevenatenine

Don't make me teach you again, 6
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2779422

What the fuck is going on? it was never like before. We had freedom of the press in Canada at the very LEAST. This is something that happens in a third world country. We know the U.S has a big mess with lots of issues themselves but I've never heard a U.S journalist being put in jail in their own country for reporting information on an event. This is madness. It's one thing to refuse to print a journalists article (which does happen in Canada) jailing them for it though is a whole new low.
The pipeline is owned by the communist party of China via state owned entreprise and the larger dutch oil company. There's no fucking way either are caving to enviros or indigenous nonsense.

Remember the Dutch oil company in Nigeria? They aren't above ANYTHING. And the CEO of the subsidiary they spun off to shield the mother company is a real prize. He's fresh off several humiliating defeats in court.

We're into third world shit here, and the Canadian government has absolutely no idea how to intervene. The population are stunned. They really expected the government to have some influence over corporate depravity.

They don't, y'all. The RCMP work for the corporations.

(I dunno much about security, but try not to use the name of the oil company. Null is having a hard month.)

Ser Prize

kiwifarms.net
The pipeline is owned by the communist party of China via state owned entreprise and the larger dutch oil company. There's no fucking way either are caving to enviros or indigenous nonsense.

Remember the Dutch oil company in Nigeria? They aren't above ANYTHING. And the CEO of the subsidiary they spun off to shield the mother company is a real prize. He's fresh off several humiliating defeats in court.

We're into third world shit here, and the Canadian government has absolutely no idea how to intervene. The population are stunned. They really expected the government to have some influence over corporate depravity.

They don't, y'all. The RCMP work for the corporations.

(I dunno much about security, but try not to use the name of the oil company. Null is having a hard month.)
As they say. Import the third world become the third world.

BrokLesnerd

Everything is political whether you deny it or not
kiwifarms.net
It's odd how the smallest province in the country (Prince Edward Island) has a massive Asian population. I always heard about the Asian population in BC but not only is Anne of Green Gables beloved in Asian countries, but there is a large Buddhist temple who owns large plots of land (including a Buffalo sanctuary after the province could no longer bother to care about 100 buffalo Alberta donated to them).

There is a law there that the only way you can now own land is to be a permanent resident because they were losing large chunks to foreign investors. If you aren't a permanent resident, you need one to co-sign on the bill of sale as a partial owner. They truly believe they are the first and will be the last Canadians standing and have amped up their racism over the past decade to combat outsiders.

I'm surprised to make it to page three without a mention of Doug Ford, brother of dead crackhead mayor Rob Ford, who is now the Premier of Ontario and has done everything in his power to absolutely cripple the Ontario economy. I believe he also removed caps on rent increases, contributing to the ongoing housing crisis. Regardless of personal politics, I've yet to see anyone applaud a success Doug Ford has had. This is a man who ran on a platform that he would make beer $1. And people actually elected him.

Several cities in Ontario are suffering from urban sprawl as developers buy up what was once farmland and create McMansions that will deteriorate in a decade. Immigrants then pool their money together and buy these homes and have several generations of people living there, including sets of seniors and children unable to contribute. Then they rent out the illegal basements converted by them for $2k a month to pay for expenses and/or a mortgage.

I believe the most recent election which they scrambled together in thirty days cost 600 million dollars. While the healthcare system remains backed up, overrun or nearly inaccessible in some cases - after telling Canadians to sit at home so they didn't overrun their poorly funded ICUs with Covid cases.

The Canadian attitude has shifted during Covid. Perhaps the rest of the world won't notice because the reputation is so ingrained that they are polite and friendly. Canadians have always been the most passive aggressive people though - and their passiveness seems to be running out. Whether they react in ignorant aggression and contribute to the dumpster fire or quickly come to terms and revolutionize with reactionary aggression remains to be seen.

As a side note to add about Quebec - Montreal is the only major city with 2010 rent rates. You can find an extremely nice two bedroom apartment for $800 all inclusive. No one wants to learn French though. I also mention renting because any Canadian not born to moderately wealthy parents will never buy a house in their lifetime, let alone qualify for a mortgage or reasonable down payment.

My last last sperg is I haven't seen anyone mention the quiet opiod & drug epidemic almost every major Canadian city has. It is not a utopia. There is no Canadian dream. Some of these places look like stretches of Philadelphia and people freeze to death drunk and on drugs.

This is what happens I guess when the country was founded by a large percent of inbred French people.
People willingly use street drugs. Don't use medical phrasology to shift the responsibility to the rest of society.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Quite a sobering thread. It is sad, Canada was one of the very few countries remaining that I pondered moving to. If not, then what else can you all recommend for an Eastern European like me, who wants to be nowhere near Europe?
If I'm being honest? You're probably better off wherever you're currently living. The rest of the planet's not any better at this point as far as being cucked by either governments, corporations or housing prices are concerned. And some like Australia are similarly lost causes like Canada is.

Never Scored

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don't think of Canada as a country. Think of it as 10 little countries with a federal government that handles big picture stuff. All the day-to-day stuff like roads, enforcement, welfare, building codes, land management, schools and health-care are handled by the provinces. It's not like the US where the feds look after big over-arching things like education. Standards and funcing are 100% set by each province in Canada. I think what you're trying to say here is Ontario is a failed state.

It might sound funny that I'm saying this coming from Newfoundland which has literally gone bankrupt before and is always teetering on the brink of insolvency, but you have to understand nobody in Newfoundland actually gives a fuck about the government. We just want gibbs and don't give a shit if it fails and we're just a territory and Canada starts giving us that shit. 99% of the people outside the St. John's core just wants government to give them doctors and roads, but otherwise fuck off and leave everyone else alone. There's virtually no cops and no way to enforce anything because the population density outside St. John's is lower than any other province or US state. For all practical intents and purposes there is no government once you're outside St. John's and a hundred feet off the highway unless someone specifically calls the cops.

Like, if you're not from Newfoundland or haven't spent much time outside St. John's it my be hard to comprehend, but geographically, most of Newfoundland exists and always has existed in what is essentially a state of total anarchy. Nothing gets enforced outside St. John's and the bigger towns like Gander, Corner Brook and Grand Falls. You can kind of just do whatever the hell you want. For example, from Tor's Cove(40 minutes from St. John's), down the whole Southern Shore and up as far as the Salmonier area, there are a total of I think two cops. No joke, not two cop stations, not two cop cars, literally two cops. This is an area the size of Rhode Island. The last time a cop died on duty in Newfoundland was 1964. Newfoundland is the size of Cuba and has less than 500 cops. If all the cops were out on duty at the same time covering an equal area, they would have 84 square miles to cover each.

I know I'm harping a bit and being redundant here, but I think it's hard for people who live in these big cities with a cop on every corner where they can stop and ask if you have a loisence for that knife to understand and I'm trying to drive the point home. There's barely any state to fail. We're not in a situation here where police are barely able to stop dangerous gang members from breaking into your house and taking your shit and homeless people from taking over the place. If the Newfoundland government collapsed tomorrow I probably wouldn't even notice for several days if it weren't for power generation being handled by government, and even then that shit goes down for a week every winter anyway, so it wouldn't be abnormal.

Jesus, no wonder Newfoundland wanted to join the United States.
I think Newfoundland is actually doing alright. Not financially obviously, but culturally.

Still like 95% white, higher than any other province, territory or US State, lowest immigration rates, low divorce rates, highest sense of belonging out of the entire country, lowest housing prices in the country, a fixer upper bungalow in the city is like $200,000, you can get a decent townhouse for under $200k. Birth rates are low but the people having kids are for the most part all white christians. The government is trying to bring in Muslims to prop up the population but they all leave because there aren't many jobs, unemployment rates have never not been double digit in Newfoundland, and St. John's is the windiest, rainiest, foggiest, snowiest city in the country and they are from a fucking desert. There are still no counties and people will raise hell if they try to introduce them, so if you're not in a town there are no building regulations or property taxes. Government tried to introduce mandatory garbage collection fees in these areas, but they got taken to court and it got overturned. Highest rates of gun ownership in the country. Everyone is always hunting and fishing and berry picking and burning around of Skidoos and ATVs. Most people own their house and many middle-class families, close to half over 40 I would wager, have a cabin (what we call a cottage) out in the country as well as a house. Parts of St. John's have gotten gentrified and filled with foreigners and mainlanders, but most of Newfoundland is still very much the same Newfoundland it's always been. I can drive across the whole island without seeing a single cop.

I think Newfoundland would fit into the United States very well. We're bacially a colder West Virginia. We have the highest smoking, drinking, teen pregnacy, gun ownership and obesity rates in the country.

Last edited: