Off-Topic Canadian Law - Is it as bad as we think?

I gave you the actual Canadian info as it is now (showing that I am not confused about Canadian programs but you are), regardless of what US programs may be like now, as I said above. So it is unclear to me how you think that American worker's comp is relevant to any Canadian benefits program that exists now or why I would have confused that with Canadian programs. I don't know anything about US programs so how could I confuse your progs with ours? I have not claimed to know anything about US programs however except as regards Canadian gov types rejoicing that as of 1999 or so Canada's rules would be as tight or tighter than they were in the states.

You said originally that since welfare is easy to get in the US of A, it must be easy to get in Canada too. I gave you the reasons showing why I see that it is not easy to get in Canada.

I've seen what your streets in the USA look like and I'm pretty sure I know at least a little about how the USA treats disabled, poor, women, immigrants etc. regardless of what programs you have. I've had more than one American friend tell me how impossible it is to get welfare disability in some states, so difficult that they have to hire lawyers to appeal. Fact is, I don't make the rules, I just researched them and you have the opportunity to do that do too using the links that I posted, the only info that actually applies to Yaniv as he in BC, Canada not the states.

Surely now you recognise that what I said at first is that US law is not applicable in Canada as far as income benefits are concerned or anything else. Why would you insinuate that I could be bothered not to tell the truth about this? There’s no gain for me making up crap about this man or his life.

I feel that this could have been avoided if you were reading the full thread and if you had read my posts suggesting people stop uselessly speculating about whether or not Yaniv was on welfare.

USA

Canada BC Employment and Assistance: fraud and eligibility

Now that Yaniv has been charged $6000, one wonders what BC Employment and Assistance will think of that.
In the US you can live off of disability. That's why it's so hard. In most Commonwealth countries it's significantly easier because the checks are smaller. The UK has more people on disability and most of them only receive a few hundred pounds a month, whereas in the US, even without 100% disability, you can haul in $3500 a month.

If you go to a doctor in Canada and claim you have autism or bipolar or ADHD or whatever and fill out a questionairre and tick the right boxes the doctor will give you a diagnosis on the spot. You then ask him to fill out your disability claim. You dont have to even be involved, he will do all the paperwork. He sends it to the disability office, they see a doctors signature, instantly approved. Pass go collect exactly $1168 a month unless you have anorexia like yaniv claims and then you get special diet allowance which pushes it up to exactly $1419 a month.... but what do I know....

lemmiwinks

кремлеботы
True & Honest Fan
If you go to a doctor in Canada and claim you have autism or bipolar or ADHD or whatever and fill out a questionairre and tick the right boxes the doctor will give you a diagnosis on the spot. You then ask him to fill out your disability claim. You dont have to even be involved, he will do all the paperwork. He sends it to the disability office, they see a doctors signature, instantly approved. Pass go collect exactly $1168 a month unless you have anorexia like yaniv claims and then you get special diet allowance which pushes it up to exactly $1419 a month.... but what do I know....
I'd also like to add that the hardest part about disability in my province (Not B.C.) is getting approved. Once someone is on it, it's quite a bit harder to get it taken away. It is common knowledge (for those who work in the field) that they deny all but the most obvious applications. A lot of these (paper) decisions are overturned at an appeal tribunal.

They only recently started reviewing cases arbitrarily every couple of years, even though it has been on the books that reviews should happen for anyone not on long-term disability every few years (there's both a long-term and a temporary designation). Due to limited resources, they have only been able to review a relatively low number of recipients each year. I would expect this number to increase in the future.

I've posted repeatedly above about the rules and regs of welfare. They are all on the net. He would not qualify for any form of welfare benefit in BC or Canada IF the info we have about him is true. If you have other info about him that suggests he may have qualified, please show.

Rather than speculating that Canada must be just like the US, check out the facts.

Anyway, Canada copied the USA's more stringent qualifiers for welfare and disability benefits in the 90's.. Maybe the problem is that no one has researched the actual situation in the US. But Yaniv is in BC Canada so the US rules are completely irrelevant.

In any case, it is not easy to get welfare or other benefits in BC. This has been the case since the 1980's as far as I'm aware. With the coming of digitization, fraud became increasingly impossible. BC is not large. If someone was unjustifiably ineligible for welfare, people would report them; workers read the news to scope out pretenders, even watch the vehicles of clients being picked up or dropped off or what car they are driving. Everyone is subject to unscheduled home visits by workers or investigators. There are a ton of mandatory checks required before approval. Stacks of paper documents have to filed/scanned before approval. Applicants must provide tons of ID plus akas, bank, tax and housing statements as well.

If he was in any way unemployable or disabled, full documentation would have to be provided. It's pretty apparent that he's merely a hypochondriac. It would be horrifying to know that just because someone says they're a sort of trans that that would make them eligible for sick or disability benefits. I'll have to see if I can get come IRL confirmation on that though.

There's always been this conservative idea going around that state welfare agencies hand out benefits like candy. 😂

You are dead on right about our system(s) in Canada. Ontario had ''workfare'' for years and still has a highly rigid and punitive system for both welfare and disability rules and requirements. B.C is similar but not at that level yet. Yaniv got disability because his family got him a lawyer who fought for it. I have little doubts about this. He wouldn't have gotten anything otherwise.

I just want to say though I am highly critical and even disgusted by our designed ''system'' in Canada and how it treats people I think it was actually one of the reasons why we never got hit by the 2008 recession. We've had strict austerity measures for years that makes it virtually impossible for most people not to work so our economy is always moving and our strict banking/loan lending protected us too.

Last edited: