Cancelled Games You Wish Had Been Released - I Can't Think of a Good Subtitle

KillThemCrackasBabies

kiwifarms.net
6 Days in Fallujah was supposedly going to be a "survival horror" styled game and I think the idea of that would have been cool. What little has been revealed though looks pretty much the same as any other shitty Cawadoody rip-off of the time but I really like the theoretical survival horror approach to hunting and being hunted by Jihad Joe.

• Agree
Reactions: Judge Dredd

cuÞbert

kiwifarms.net
The Halogen mod for Command and Conquer: Generals, which got shut down by Microsoft.
What makes me angry about the whole thing isn't that the project was shut down. It was the fact that the project was well known in the Halo community for years and Microsoft waited until the project was well under way (UNSC was entirely complete AFAIK) before taking action, wasting everyone's time.

Oh, but then you made my favorite developer from my childhood, Ensemble Studios, the guys who made Age of Empires, develop a crappy copycat called Halo Wars around the same time and then close them right after?!

“HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR MICROSOFT AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE.”

Sundae

Weird-Ass Puppet Dog
kiwifarms.net
Some other games I'd like to add:

The cancelled Darth Maul game that was being developed by Red Fly Studio, creators of the underrated Mushroom Men games:

The cancelled Flash game thaat was being developed by Bottlerocket Entertainment:

A couple of people have mentioned Starcraft: Ghost, and it's a shame it was cancelled as it looked promising:

we'd be living in a utopian society if the world had gotten Glover 2
Fun fact about Glover 2, the reason why the game was cancelled was because someone at Hasbro ordered 300,000 N64 carts for the first game instead of 150,000, because Nintendo was offering a deal on bulk purchases of carts. As a result stores wouldn't take the extra stock of Glover carts, causing Hasbro to lose money on the game, hence the cancellation of the sequel. A decent amount of work had been oured into the game before its cancellation:

Biffo

kiwifarms.net
Dead Phoenix, Nintendo and Capcom make a deal called the Capcom 5, which were 5 games which would come to the gamecube however one of those games never came out and the others all made their way to other consoles.

Magical Ninjya: Jiraiya Kenzan, another Capcom game this time for the PS2

Crash Landed, planned reboot for the ps3 and 360

Snake Plissken’s Escape, was to be done by the Dead to Rights devs and it seems both Kurt Russell and John Carpenter were involved to some levels

Cosmic Walker, only 6 seconds were shown but still looked neat and was done by Kouji Okada one founders of Atlus and creators of SMT

Saints Row: Undercover, was a psp game then moved over to 3ds only to never come out

Gravity One

Gremlins ps2, was a nearly done wii game but that was a shitty party game and can been found online if anyone really wanted to play it

Road Trip, a zombie game

Bonk: Brink of Extinction, seemed nearly done so no idea why it was shit canned

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
One game mentioned in a massive preview guide of games in development for the Sega Genesis that was published in Electronic Gaming Monthly (I believe it was, if not probably GamePro) at some point in late 1990 was a port of the PC racing game Vette by Spectrum Holobyte which had Corvettes racing Ferraris, Porsches, and Lamborghinis in a 3D open world San Francisco (albeit only certain sections of the city connected by OutRun-esque highways). It was essentially Midtown Madness a decade before PC's had the power to do the concept justice but it was still groundbreaking for the time. It even supported online play via modem.

Here's the PC version.

I've always wondered how far the Genesis port got along before it was canned. I'm going to guess, not far at all, considering I've never even seen a screenshot. Considering the unexpanded Genesis struggled even with Hard Drivin', which only had a small map of two intertwined circuits, I can only imagine how slow the Genesis version would've been even compared to my family's unexpanded IBM PS/2. I'd imagine they would probably have had to reduce the number of drone vehicles and other 3D objects onscreen to even be able to pull it off.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
Sleeping dogs sequel, that got scraped by Square Enix in favor of turning it into terrible MMO, that had never made it to alpha stages, then got canceled with the studio shutting down soon after. Call me a sperg, but I will never forgive that. Sleeping dogs originally was called True Crime: Hongkong, but due to low sales of part 2 was put on hold until THQ died. After that United Front Games was bought by Square and released what they had as Sleeping dogs. These people made it through so much, just to be destroyed by some executive's decision to make a MMO, that nobody'd asked for.

Project Awakened. Yeah-yeah, Kickstarter trash, but I had high hopes and it was the project of people from Midway. It could be like Prototype, only less edgy and with a gameplay.

Captain Blood. No, not the DOS game, even though this one is even more obscure. On the one hand, I would've loved to have an action adventure game with over-the-top violence, combos and crazy sea battles. But on the other, it had 1C as publisher, which is never a good sign.

Jason Bourne: Tredstone. Even though it would probably be a console exclusive, I would love the world to have this game, but man can only dream.

Peru oso donas

ME ENCANTA SER NAZI
kiwifarms.net
Episode III of the Dept. Heaven series.
Nothing is known about the game after its announcement in 2008, besides it being an MMORPG for PC, and since then Sting has released 4 other games from that franchise, and stopped making games of their own besides the occasional port, so even to the game was never formally cancelled, there is a 101% chance the game is dead. Even if i would have never gotten the chance to play it since it would have been Japan only most likely, it would still have been an interesting piece of media to appreciate from a series i have gained a soft spot for, even to i only knew about it years after it stopped being produced.

Halo DS would have also been cool to see, even if it would have sucked because lol DS shooter.

Cardenio

The Gunt stares back at you.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dead Phoenix, Nintendo and Capcom make a deal called the Capcom 5, which were 5 games which would come to the gamecube however one of those games never came out and the others all made their way to other consoles.

Magical Ninjya: Jiraiya Kenzan, another Capcom game this time for the PS2

Crash Landed, planned reboot for the ps3 and 360

Snake Plissken’s Escape, was to be done by the Dead to Rights devs and it seems both Kurt Russell and John Carpenter were involved to some levels

Cosmic Walker, only 6 seconds were shown but still looked neat and was done by Kouji Okada one founders of Atlus and creators of SMT

Saints Row: Undercover, was a psp game then moved over to 3ds only to never come out

Gravity One

Gremlins ps2, was a nearly done wii game but that was a shitty party game and can been found online if anyone really wanted to play it

Road Trip, a zombie game

Bonk: Brink of Extinction, seemed nearly done so no idea why it was shit canned
According to Wikipedia they stopped development after a 2011 Earthquake in Japan. In 2012 Hudson Soft ultimately merged with Konami and ceased to be. So it's safe to assume that they were just so strapped for cash that they just didn't have the capital to finish up Bonk. Pretty sad.

Shiversblood

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Earthbound 64. I played earthbound for the Super Nintendo and then I heard about Earthbound 64 being made for the Nintendo 64 and really wanted it. I read about it in a Nintendo power magazine. They instead later made mother 3 for game boy advance but for Japan only. I live in the USA.

Tags
None