Cancelled Games You Wish Had Been Released - I Can't Think of a Good Subtitle

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
The Outsider by Frontier/David Braben, it was a spy game taking place in Washington DC. It seemed, from what they told press about the game, like it would have been an open world Alpha Protocol mixed with Splinter Cell: Blacklist, it was announced before both of those games and if released maybe those two would have been compared to The Outsider. It seemed like it could have been really cool.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
I'll add Warhammer 40k: Spacemarine 2 and 3. Yeah, there were plans for two sequels, in part 2 Titus would try to prove his innocence and in the third he would go full renegade, but still loyal to the Emperor. Sadly, sales of the original game weren't that great, so those sequels never went any further.

Owen Grady

paleofag
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Star Wars: 1313 yet. Nobody I've ever met who knows about that game does not wish they could have played it.

There is a cancelled open world Jurassic World game that was planned to come out for the 2015 movie that was called Jurassic World: Survivor. It would have been an open world game taking place on Isla Nublar shortly after the 2015 movie wherein you take on the role of my likeness and traverse the park. Since I was a kid I always wanted to see an open world Jurassic Park game taking place on Nublar or Sorna so I was bummed when I found out this was cancelled.

However when I was writing this up I did a little more research on the game and I found out that a couple of months ago information was released that a new game entitled Jurassic World: Aftermath is in the works to come out later this year. There is suspicion it may be a second attempt to create the game that Survivor was going to be.

I hope it doesn't have anything to do with anything post-Fallen Kingdom because I'm not terribly thrilled with the direction that film appears to be taking the franchise.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
Captain Blood. No, not the DOS game, even though this one is even more obscure. On the one hand, I would've loved to have an action adventure game with over-the-top violence, combos and crazy sea battles. But on the other, it had 1C as publisher, which is never a good sign.
Funny thing, this game was actually finished and all fully done. But! Two things have occurred, there was apparently some issues with publishing the game and 1C couldn't get oversea's publishing deals. But! Because of all this shit that went down, some dude in the company actually deleted the whole game from the company servers and all they had left were older versions that would mean the team would have to start again to finish it.

Stasi

kiwifarms.net
Thrill Kill for the PS1 only because the pearl clutching think of the children reactions would have been funny.

The game is actually not very good. Basically an unbranded Wu Tang Shaolin Style (same engine I think). I got a bootleg of it back in the day and beat it, think the game was pretty much done before being canned and you can probably find playable isos out there.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
Funny thing, this game was actually finished and all fully done. But! Two things have occurred, there was apparently some issues with publishing the game and 1C couldn't get oversea's publishing deals. But! Because of all this shit that went down, some dude in the company actually deleted the whole game from the company servers and all they had left were older versions that would mean the team would have to start again to finish it.
Oh, I've never heard about this. That's really sad, if true.

• Agree
Reactions: Judge Dredd

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
Oh, I've never heard about this. That's really sad, if true.
Yeah, news about the deleting from the servers came out I think last month or two. The dude essentially assumed that the game wasn't gonna get published, so he went "fuck it" and scrubbed it from the servers.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, news about the deleting from the servers came out I think last month or two. The dude essentially assumed that the game wasn't gonna get published, so he went "fuck it" and scrubbed it from the servers.
Reminds me of how Foodfight first version was stolen with a hard drive. Can't say it would be better, but still. And here we got nothing at all.

Jeff Gazetti

kiwifarms.net
Star Craft - Ghost.
That game looked nice and would have been cool but sadly it was canned because Blizzard's slow development times outlasted the PS2 console.
I remember this one. I SO would have bought it too. But those days are long past. Now all Blizztard cares about is making P2W games and Overwatch which has so many gun battles yet not one drop of blood.

Dunsparce

Out of Control
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pokemon Z (if it ever was a thing).
Digging through the Coding of the Gen VI games, this can be inferrered:

-At some point X and Y were going to get a followup that was a pair of games(they are marked in the coding, and you can hack Pokemon to have been caught in either of those games. Both give the Gen VI Pentagon marker and say "From Kalos" when you look at their summary in Bank and later gen games)
-Zygarde would play a role, getting a new version-specific forms like Kyurem before it since it had flags for two new forms to be added in Gen VI. Additionally, each form would probably have its signature move, Land's Wrath, transform into Thousand Waves or Thousand Arrows depending on which form you chose similar to Kyurem's Glaciate (Both moves were in the coding of Gen VI)
-There would have most likely been more Megas, on top of all of the ones from ORAS. The easiest guesses are there would at least be Mega Slowking and Mega Froslass, much like how XY had Mega Gardevoir and ORAS had Mega Gallade
-Sometime early on, they scrapped it entirely and decided to go straight to Gen VII after ORAS. Sometime after the change of plans but before the the "XYZ" season of the anime went into production, they scrapped the version exclusive forms and created the concept of Zygarde Cells and 10% and Complete Zygarde instead, which was mostly likely planned from that point on to be added to Sun and Moon as a consolation prize for not getting its own game, rather than actually be available in Kalos.

Tags
None