Captain Marvel - Literally, from "her" to "hero"

Are you actually going to watch this flick?

• No

Votes: 71 18.3%
  • Fuck, no

Votes: 155 40.1%
  • Not in cinemas

Votes: 78 20.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 32 8.3%
  • (((Yes)))

Votes: 16 4.1%
  • Twitter told me I must, I can't say no, you white-cis-sexist-oppresive scum!

Votes: 35 9.0%

• Total voters

RockVolnutt

kiwifarms.net
I can already feel them shoe horning a 'they told me I couldn't do anything because I was a girrrrlllll' narrative just from those snippets of her in the past.
To be fair, that was always part of Carol's backstory in the comics but only in the sense that her dad despised the idea of his only girl joining the military and gave her a real hard time about her goals. When written right she's kind like Hal Jordan in being hotheaded Air Force pilots with extreme determination and a habit of bitting more than they can chew. Getting superpowers also seemed to make her into an adventure seeker.

I still expect them to grab the low hanging fruit though like recent comics and point at the 70s stories as justification.

The Shadow

SCIENCE FICTION PERFORM DISTINCTIVE
kiwifarms.net
The trailer sure does nothing to quell my belief that despite their continuing popularity comic book movies are creatively bankrupt. Another person to oversaturate the next massive Avengers crossover event and make beardfats clap!

Cinema is dead and Marvel's holding a bloody knife.

Captain Brand Name is here!

Last edited:

Jetpack Himmler

Grizzled Culture War Veteran
kiwifarms.net
That's like saying "I'm sick of McDonalds, I'm going to Wendy's instead."
Maybe, but that's like saying I've eaten Big Macs at McDonalds for ten years straight (barf!), so I'm going Wendy's for a Baconator. It's still unhealthy, but it's a change of pace. At least the Shazam! trailer looked fun. Captain Marvel really feels underwhelming.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino