Car and Motorcycle Sperging -

TheUltimatePickle

#MANGA2020
kiwifarms.net
Any other gear heads on here? I know we're all probably on other car forums but I thought it would be fun to see if there are any other Kiwi car people.

My '89 BMW 525i that I've been restoring and upgrading for about three years. I took this in November before I lowered it and finished putting in the new interior.

This is it a few days ago after I refurbished and tinted the foglights yellow.

This is my (very much still a work in progress) bike. I left it on the west coast with a buddy who's building it for me, it's a Yamaha XT600 single piston 600cc dirt bike but he's turning it into a custom 60s/70s style cafe racer.

I'd love to see other people's rides or sperg about mods we've done if anyone is interested.

big baby jesus

deep, deep, deep in the mind
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not into cars at all, but I used to drive one of these and it was pretty rad:

It was my Granddad's and I got it after he died. :tugboat:

Red

I screwed up my future by becoming a lolcow.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm actually going to be taking a motorcycle safety class later this year! I've always loved my dad's bikes, and I can fantasize about having a Honda CBR. Probably going to get his old BMW though, but I'm not complaining. It's a great bike.
We were considering getting a Honda Goldwing, but in the end it was too big and too expensive. We ended up with a Kawasaki Concourse that needs a bit of TLC, but rides like a charm. Shame that for now I can only experience it as an occasional passenger.

Lachlan Hunter McIntyre

Harakudoshi
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
Bumpity bump

There's a company that makes exacting replicas of Harley Knuckle and Panheads. Around 17k, so as much as a new Harley. I'm lusting hard for the knucklehead. Once Harley went soft-tail is when they went shit. All they are now are overpriced unreliable bikes for Hells Angels cosplayers.

The Dude

Bro, don't even bro, bro.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm a motorhead. I love classic late-60's/very early-70's American muscle cars, late-50's American cars, modern high performance cars, and motorcycles. I used to own a 1995 Buell S2 Thunderbolt motorcycle, and I plan on buying a new naked sport bike of some sort in a year or two after Mrs. Dude and I buy a house. I'm looking at the KTM 1290 Super Duke, Ducati Diavel, BMW S1000R, and Yamaha VMAX 1700. However, I do have a soft spot for custom choppers and may buy a lightly used Big Dog K9, Ridgeback, or Pitbull if I find one for a good price, in great shape, with low miles, and the 1900cc motor. I also own a 1974 Ford F100 pickup truck that was my Grampa's and my Dad's.

My all-time favorite cars are the 1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee, 1970-71 Plymouth GTX, 1958 Plymouth Fury, 1970 Ford Torino GT, 1974 Ford Falcon XB (Australian muscle car used in Mad Max) Bugatti Veyron, Pagani Huyra, and Nissan GT-R. If I could get a used GT-R for under $45k I'd buy one.

plgfarts

one fart smeller, he smelt fart
kiwifarms.net
I used to own a 1995 Buell S2 Thunderbolt motorcycle
I'm upset that Buell went out of business. That was HD's way of making some quality bikes that weren't boomer-centric fucking loud road hogs, and they looked really nice.

I have a 1966 Mustang (289ci, 4-speed, all stock except for a paint job). That thing is a ball to cruise around in, even if it's not the fastest thing on the road. n This is one of 6 that my father and I own, including his first car (1964 1/2 convertible) and a 1965 Fastback.

My family owns a number of '29-'31 Model A's, in almost every configuration they came in (tudor, pickup, sedan, roadster). One of them even has a rumble seat. That is one thing I wish some car manufacturer would still include.

I bought my first motorcycle 2 or 3 years ago. My friend works at a dealership and I got a smokin' deal on a brand new Chinese bike. Lifan KPR 200. It was cheap, new, and small enough to where I didn't shit myself the first time I got on it (never took lessons or the MSF).

I plan on getting some kind of enduro, probably Honda or (if I can afford it) a BMW.

The Dude

Bro, don't even bro, bro.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm upset that Buell went out of business. That was HD's way of making some quality bikes that weren't boomer-centric fucking loud road hogs, and they looked really nice.

I have a 1966 Mustang (289ci, 4-speed, all stock except for a paint job). That thing is a ball to cruise around in, even if it's not the fastest thing on the road. n This is one of 6 that my father and I own, including his first car (1964 1/2 convertible) and a 1965 Fastback.

My family owns a number of '29-'31 Model A's, in almost every configuration they came in (tudor, pickup, sedan, roadster). One of them even has a rumble seat. That is one thing I wish some car manufacturer would still include.

I bought my first motorcycle 2 or 3 years ago. My friend works at a dealership and I got a smokin' deal on a brand new Chinese bike. Lifan KPR 200. It was cheap, new, and small enough to where I didn't shit myself the first time I got on it (never took lessons or the MSF).

I plan on getting some kind of enduro, probably Honda or (if I can afford it) a BMW.
Buell went under twice: once when Harley closed their doors, then again after Eric went independent with EBR (Eric Buell Racing) and was too proud of his shit, asking more for his bikes than many Harleys or Ducatis. They did make good bikes, especially when Harley couldn't be fucked to design a modern liquid-cooled engine for them and allowed Buell to outsource Rotax engines. They continued to use the Rotax lumps in the EBR bikes and none of that Sportster shit, along with the typical Buell uniqueness like short wheelbases, low center of balance, oil in the swing arm and fuel in the frame, etc., but they couldn't sell enough bikes to stay in business and no longer had Boomer Daddy's financial backing to keep them afloat.

• Informative
Reactions: plgfarts

корона-тян

kiwifarms.net
1592071885961.png

Motorcycles are cool, riding is a fantastic way to relieve stress, and occasionally get to where you're going. Let's talk about motorcycles!

Currently fiddling with my honda, since I *think* I fucked up the valve clearance adjustment, since it sounds like a fucking diesel. No point of reference though, so I'm going to try some heavier weight oil - my gut feeling is telling me that the dealership I bought it from probably did that since it got a fuckload noisier after I did its first oil change.

• Late
Reactions: zedkissed60
Tags
None