Car Thread - Alfa Romeo proves cars are art so shut up

Piss Clam

Squeeze me.
kiwifarms.net
Not trying to be an arse here, but I'm not a car fan. I do have a 1990's Jeep Cherokee that I love (289k miles) which is in good condition, but I grew up riding motorcycles.

Everytime when you are on a 600cc (CBR) or 750cc (GSXR) you guys in your cars pull up trying to race. My CBR tops out at around 165 (jet kit,yoshimura pipe) and a few seconds in the 1/4 mile.

Why are you trying to race a sport bike? It's just silly. I had to back off a guy on Route 29 with a corvette because he was fishtailing at around 130mph.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not trying to be an arse here, but I'm not a car fan. I do have a 1990's Jeep Cherokee that I love (289k miles) which is in good condition, but I grew up riding motorcycles.

Everytime when you are on a 600cc (CBR) or 750cc (GSXR) you guys in your cars pull up trying to race. My CBR tops out at around 165 (jet kit,yoshimura pipe) and a few seconds in the 1/4 mile.

Why are you trying to race a sport bike? It's just silly. I had to back off a guy on Route 29 with a corvette because he was fishtailing at around 130mph.
I'll bite, first of all it's fun. I'm not waving a pink slip before I test your balls at a red light. It's a hoot to watch bikes haul or anything. Thanks for playing with us, no really I mean 0 sarcasm. Also in my day I've had 2 cars that ate 600s for lunch, you want to see a jaw drop? Ratty old car throws a rev you goose it and then see my tail lights.

Second we know sports bikes are absurdly fast, there is no cheaper way to break 150+ than a bike. I don't mean to imply it's a skill free endeavor though. I ride myself and am oddly a big ole pussy on bikes. So it's a good measurement, you hang with a bike you know it's a good car and also cars will always shit on 2 wheelers for traction, so it's another fun thing to see how long the reel in is.

Is your Cherokee a 4L? I love those things, I had one and man that torque curve made diesels jealous, I regret letting it go, I wanted to make it a bit nicer on the inside some light stereo work, breathing mods and shed a few lbs here and there.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They are bomb proof, if you are looking at older, skip the V6 get the 4 it's honestly up there with twinkies and cockroaches in regards to survival. Easy as sin to turbo too if need a lot more umph. They are a lot of fun to drive. Friends and I took one around Maine for a few weeks it had 0 problems lugging us camping gear and doing mountains etc.

Unsuspecting Koala Bear

marsupial-splaining
kiwifarms.net
i found a '96 4 cylinder manual 5 speed rav4 with almost 200k miles for $1500. the miles and manual transmission are kinda :horrifying:
i still wanna check it out

EDIT: feel like a douche for posting all of this pls dnt hate me :(

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's nice someone broke it in for you. lol joking aside, is their a history of maintaining? Is the body in good shape?

Those things aren't very expensive to repair in honesty, but I also do my own work so when a clutch is 300 bucks I know I won't be paying to drop trans etc.

Worse case test it, take notes and see if you like them as much as you think you do.

• Agree
Reactions: Kiwi Jeff

thenakedhomeless

Thoticus Maximus of the Roman Imperial Legion
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My bio dad was a car enthusiast and I was constantly surrounded by lots of vintage cars he'd fix up and resale. Apparently it was his excuse for not getting a job lmao.

I remember this car not having a backseat or seatbelts so my sister and I would just roll around when he did donuts lmao.
Screenshot_20180218-223919.jpg

In all seriousness though I've slept in my Kia for concerts n shit. So it's not that bad lol.
Screenshot_20180218-223952.jpg

Piss Clam

Squeeze me.
kiwifarms.net
Is your Cherokee a 4L? I love those things, I had one and man that torque curve made diesels jealous, I regret letting it go, I wanted to make it a bit nicer on the inside some light stereo work, breathing mods and shed a few lbs here and there.
It's a 1993 Jeep Cherokee sport 4wd, four door 4L. Red exterior with black trim and grey interior. Fantastic to drive in bad weather or anywhere other cars can't get to.

Reactions: Bassomatic

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So sorry on delay, snow has poured a few times and my car looks like hot piss. French blue plus dirty snow looks like dog vomit.

But I did get the new pulley on, much nicer install than expected.

But weather being cat shit I can't really see what more bewst does for me. :(

Car related this weekend I found a 5.3 GM v8 for a buddy and we are dropping in his 95 s10.

• Feels

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So this poor lip is getting abused, we are FINALLY snow free and I ran it thru a car wash mostly for the underbody.

I am so thankful my state doesn't need a front plate. After a real wash and wax I'll get some more stuff.

Attachments

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
It's a 1993 Jeep Cherokee sport 4wd, four door 4L. Red exterior with black trim and grey interior. Fantastic to drive in bad weather or anywhere other cars can't get to.
Hey I have one of those. It's grey and black and has no roof. The PO rolled it so he cut it off and let his kids drive it around on the ranch. I bought it as an AX15 donor for an '87 (with a roof!) with a busted Peugeot BA10/5 that I haven't got around to. Until then it just serves as a powered wheelbarrow.

It holds about a 1/2 cord of wood. The neighbors are amused. I highly recommend.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hey I have one of those. It's grey and black and has no roof. The PO rolled it so he cut it off and let his kids drive it around on the ranch. I bought it as an AX15 donor for an '87 (with a roof!) with a busted Peugeot BA10/5 that I haven't got around to. Until then it just serves as a powered wheelbarrow.

It holds about a 1/2 cord of wood. The neighbors are amused. I highly recommend.
I just learned the AX15 was the auto trans for the MKIV supra. There are a few people who've slapped the 2jz into the XJs. That's rad imho. I always support crazy.

That sounds like a badass toy though.

Snagged another shot of my kitty but today was swamped with family and stuff, and gonna get poured on so didn't really wash it. The weird effect was me X'ing plate out.

Attachments

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
I just learned the AX15 was the auto trans for the MKIV supra. There are a few people who've slapped the 2jz into the XJs. That's rad imho. I always support crazy.
Nah, it ain't an auto (I can get those all day at the boneyard). It's the Aisin AX15 5-speed. I need it and the bellhousing, slave cyl, and the t-case to replace the POS Peugeot. It's all different. Buying a donor was the cheaper route and now I have a spare 4L and axles.

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
Oh yea, I got the numbers wrong because I'm exceptional.
A340E is the trans I meant.
I figured as much.

Tomorrows project, if the weather holds, is heatin' and beatin' gluin' and screwin' back together the front of my semi truck. A deer and I had a disagreement in Missouri last fall. Going to try my hand at aluminum brazing on the bumper and fab up a new (beefier) steel bracket for the corner. Then countersink some deck screws to marine plywood to get the fender back into the correct shape. Fiberglass over it. Bondo to fill in the cracks on top. Then a couple coats of rattle can gloss white.

It isn't going be pretty or professional. But it won't be an embarrassment either. It's a work rig. Meh.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino