Carl Benjamin / Sargon of Akkad / Akkad Daily / The Thinkery / @not_sargon / @WarPlanPurple - Leader of the "Liberalists" & Droning Pseudo-Intellectual Boomer anti-SJW Activist, Applebees Waiter, Mass Shooter Whiteknight

• Search feature needs to rebuild its index. Results will be incomplete until it's done.
    I have declared holy war (فتوى) on the site-loading-like-shit issue, and God willing (إِنْ شَاءَ ٱللّٰ) I will resolve it. If pages look different, that's me trying to optimize the site.

Would you rape Jess Phillips

• Total voters

Spooky

kiwifarms.net
It amazes me how many people defend Sargon still. Not only are they all over his comments sections but in his Capos and allies as well. Who are all these exceptional individuals?
As @Belloch has hinted at, I think it has to do with their friend simulator type content. This is more true with some of the skeptics than it is with Carl, but it definitely still can be said of a lot of his stuff. Really I think they developed that strategy quite impressively.

Why doesn't Carl finish College? Or tries again in "history" or "philosophy" degrees
I've made similar comments ages ago on this thread. It could lend him the polish he desperately needs if nothing else. He would at least learn how to wear a suit.
He would also probably learn that he isn't special.

• Informative
Reactions: Cinderblock

Man vs persistent rat

A good egg is a nice person
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Re. the black death thing, Sargon just compared the economics of feudal Europe (where a loaf of bread maintained the same price for hundreds of years) to the 21st century. I don't know which is worse, that this was the best example he had, or that he hadn't even tried to find a modern example.

:thinking:

Retrodogkiller

kiwifarms.net
Re. the black death thing, Sargon just compared the economics of feudal Europe (where a loaf of bread maintained the same price for hundreds of years) to the 21st century. I don't know which is worse, that this was the best example he had, or that he hadn't even tried to find a modern example.

:thinking:
What's worse is he thinks wage rates are directly related to economic standing.

verissimus

kiwifarms.net
Real question here, Why doesn't Carl finish College? Or tries again in "history" or "philosophy" degrees? He has the money and probably the time. He'd learn a lot for real and gain a degree of respect. I know being a "Mark Zuckerberg" has been all the rage in entrepreneurial circles, but if he's going for the long haul as an "Intellectual" I don't see why can't he get a degree, at least a shitty nightschool Uni would be better than nothing.
The real question is not only which college would want to admit him at this point, but even if he did get a history or philosophy degree, who would hire him because of that? At this point, it's a waste of time and money.

Cinderblock

kiwifarms.net
The real question is not only which college would want to admit him at this point, but even if he did get a history or philosophy degree, who would hire him because of that? At this point, it's a waste of time and money.
Well, since he is a """"public figure"""" and that's how he gets most of his money (patron donations), he'd get a boost in reputation and most probably applicable knowledge for his videos. That is, if we are being very :optimistic:

cecograph

kiwifarms.net
Oh damn, first page aged like tard cum. Also, tbh I'm still confused what's this whole Jim/Sargon drama is about.
After being made to look like an idiot in front of the Alt-Right last year, Sargon decided to found a political movement based entirely on grossly incompetent etymology: the liberalists. This was refined gay, and Jim didn't waste any time pointing this out. Things between the two started to seriously fray with this video and have escalated from there as Sargon has tried to position himself more and more as a serious IRL political activist, rather than just a fat nerd who thinks SJWs need to be stopped in their quest to taint the grand millennia long legacy of video games journalism.

Jim mocks Sargon's pseudointellectualism, his Capos, his self-importance, and, most importantly, his shitty suit.
Jim has simply pointed out what Spencer pointed out, and a lot of other have as well. Carl isn't as smart as he think he is, or as his capo's, or his cult of personality think he is. He is just an e-celeb on the internet, that's it.

The whole suit thing is just funny, like really funny to me. A nice suit tailored from a tailor in Swindon would probably cost no more than 600 pounds, which lets face it with what Carl rakes in shouldn't be an impossible number to come up with. Hell even a good quality 2nd hand suit can be had from a charity store for about 40.
That being said, the fact that his whole suit thing basically made it look like he clearly doesn't know how to dress himself, even though there have been a few public appearances where he doesn't look like a basement dweller, and I really can't imagine why it didn't occur to him to not show up in a suit that looks like his mum bought it for him from Primark.

Knowing his exceptional arguments, I'd bet you he actually did it by choice, I don't buy the I bought it the night before story, he knew it wasn't a good suit and he didn't care, because it would allow him to play it off as an I'm a man of the people schtick he loves.

He probably just didn't imagine it would become a point of interest for Jim, who as a disenfranchised potato muncher, couldn't own the land in the old country, and couldn't possibly own a suit in the new one.

verissimus

kiwifarms.net
Well, since he is a """"public figure"""" and that's how he gets most of his money (patron donations), he'd get a boost in reputation and most probably applicable knowledge for his videos. That is, if we are being very :optimistic:
That is being so optimistic it might as well be written off as autistic. That's like saying Rush Limbaugh will be more liked if he got a degree in political science. Trust me, it's pointless for a dumbass like Carl unless he wants to actually do something more meaningful than regularly sperg online.

Last edited:
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: ChuckSlaughter