Carl Benjamin / Sargon of Akkad / Akkad Daily / The Thinkery / @not_sargon / @WarPlanPurple - Leader of the "Liberalists" & Droning Pseudo-Intellectual Boomer anti-SJW Activist, Applebees Waiter, Mass Shooter Whiteknight

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Would you rape Jess Phillips

• Total voters

Atomic Wangler

kiwifarms.net
So *I* know just how much of a fag Carl is, because I've seen all of his failures live, and know just how much of a joke he is today... But my supposed best friend still somehow respects the guy, and has even decided that various other people like Metokur and Dame are terrible because they've made fun of him in the past.

Could anyone point me in the direction of a video that points out just how dumb Sargon is these days? (I showed him Sargon popping up on the Killstream making a fool of himself trying to bring back Gamergate by having Trump tweet about it, and this exceptional individual's takeaway was that Jim and Ralph were "bullies".) FML
I would say to leave it be and let your friend figure it out on his own, but if he hasn't picked up on the exceptionalism of Carl of Applebee's yet, I don't know what could conceivably sway him. I know I started realizing how shit Carl was after he started parroting right wing talking points. This despite the fact that Carl is a self-proclaimed lefty. It struck me as so disingenuous that I started recognizing that behavior elsewhere.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
I would say to leave it be and let your friend figure it out on his own, but if he hasn't picked up on the exceptionalism of Carl of Applebee's yet, I don't know what could conceivably sway him. I know I started realizing how shit Carl was after he started parroting right wing talking points. This despite the fact that Carl is a self-proclaimed lefty. It struck me as so disingenuous that I started recognizing that behavior elsewhere.
Yep, and keep in mind that Carl's fans are prime examples of NPC meme. He's changed his statements multiple times, but all these fuckers could do is to repeat after him, like if they have no memory at all. Before facing some proofs that Carl is a cow, his friend needs to develop critical thinking. Hell, maybe he will even see this himself.

instythot

kiwifarms.net
Yep, and keep in mind that Carl's fans are prime examples of NPC meme. He's changed his statements multiple times, but all these fuckers could do is to repeat after him, like if they have no memory at all. Before facing some proofs that Carl is a cow, his friend needs to develop critical thinking. Hell, maybe he will even see this himself.
An even better approach than trying to fix his friend is learning the phrase "Hey, let's talk about something else"

Particle Bored

I am made out of toothpicks and glue
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So *I* know just how much of a fag Carl is, because I've seen all of his failures live, and know just how much of a joke he is today... But my supposed best friend still somehow respects the guy, and has even decided that various other people like Metokur and Dame are terrible because they've made fun of him in the past.

Could anyone point me in the direction of a video that points out just how dumb Sargon is these days? (I showed him Sargon popping up on the Killstream making a fool of himself trying to bring back Gamergate by having Trump tweet about it, and this exceptional individual's takeaway was that Jim and Ralph were "bullies".) FML
Isn't there a brief montage out there of his descent from "my grandfather was black" down to "I dunno, he had a bitchin tan?"

_01

01101001 01000001 01101101 00110000 00110001
kiwifarms.net
Isn't there a brief montage out there of his descent from "my grandfather was black" down to "I dunno, he had a bitchin tan?"
That was Metokur's election video. I'm not sure of the timestamp, but it's towards the middle.

Here's an archive of it, although this may disappear some time in the near future given how these archive channels regularly get taken down.

It's absurd how readily Carl changes positions, but what's more absurd is how his buddies and fans will follow along or justify it. In his stream where he spoke to Metokur with Louis le Vau, Louis himself become confused with how often Carl changed positions yet still adjusted his own viewpoint to align with Carl's despite it changing. There were multiple times throughout the stream where Louis and Carl spoke at once, with Carl changing his stance and Louis repeating Carl's previous stance, realizing he changed it, and then correcting himself to repeat Carl's new stance.

Speaking of Carl's "my grandfather was black" fiasco, his fans would regularly spout out "don't you know Sargon's black" to his detractors. When it was revealed that Sargon was lying, his fans either stopped bringing it up or I directly observed the exact same fans who stated he was black before defending his lie by saying it was a 50K IQ quadruple underwater backgammon tier trolling effort. I don't understand why people even go through the effort of defending Carl when he's blatantly lying as if they have something to gain from it.

Doctor Placebo

Israeli Autism Awareness
kiwifarms.net
Stepping away from his usual political content, Carl the military history expert spent over seventeen minutes repeating, "leaders who fight on the frontlines with their men are great for morale, and morale is important" in various ways. At least I think that's all he talks about. I only got through about five before I quit because I was sick of him repeating himself.

If you have to pad out the length of your video, at least do it with examples or even go off on tangents, anything would be more interesting than repeating the exact same point over and over for seventeen minutes.

• Informative
Reactions: Draza

White Devil's Advocate

Getting ill-er than the Zodiac killer
kiwifarms.net
I for one, am waiting with anticipation of Carl " Britain's Favorite Politician" Benjamin's thread breaking the 1000 page milestone. It's been a hilarious and wild ride and I have no doubt that we have not heard the last of our galaxy-brained centrist. He's got at least a couple more screw ups in him, I can feel it.

LatinasAreTheFuture

No niñas!
kiwifarms.net
Stepping away from his usual political content, Carl the military history expert spent over seventeen minutes repeating, "leaders who fight on the frontlines with their men are great for morale, and morale is important" in various ways. At least I think that's all he talks about. I only got through about five before I quit because I was sick of him repeating himself.

If you have to pad out the length of your video, at least do it with examples or even go off on tangents, anything would be more interesting than repeating the exact same point over and over for seventeen minutes.
Sargon is wrong, generals absolutely should not fight in the front. If the flanks are collapsing or there’s a hole in the line how will the general get word of this while fighting? Or even know about what’s happening? A general needs a good overview of the entire battlefield, usually a nearby hill or high ground well behind his lines. That way he can move his men around like pieces of a chessboard. Many times in history this has happened, or even worse the general goes down and all his bodyguards and nobles die too. Oh but I’m sure risking your entire political upper class for moral support is more than worth it.

stinkmeaner

Based and Stinkpilled
kiwifarms.net

I mean sure a leader that's willing to get down into the trenches with his men is a big boost.
But if the leader's dead then all hell breaks loose and morale is gone just like that.
Spergon of the Absurd everybody!

Easterling

Exceptional Individuals are the deadliest game
kiwifarms.net

Carl knows fuck all about history aside from a bastardised perspective on it, Leaders would "fight" on the frontlines becasue of several reasons, one being simple logistics, being on the battlefield was essential unitl the advent of radio communications. Secondly kings and nobles were largely the only class in society that had access to a classical education which would encompass latin, statecraft and military theory (this was before clasusewitz). World war one would prove the point as to why having your leadership on the frontline is a bad idea since the officer corps actually suffered some of the heaviest proportinal casualites compared to any other conflict in history.

Arctic Fox

Let me out please...
kiwifarms.net
Keeping the differences between modern warfare and let's say Medieval warfare aside, battle commanders on the front were necessary for a variety of reasons. Keeping morale up wasn't really one of them though. If you're first three lines of swordman get skewered by a single cavalry charge the men behind will likely bolt whether the general was on line four or not.

Others have explained it better. Carl just doesn't know what he's rambling about.

Crystal Golem

kiwifarms.net
"And thus Sargon of Blackdad, antique of an age of individual sperg warfare met his enemy in the front lines as his stepfather had before him. The enemy leader a product of an organized and modern force lead his units from horseback behind the battleline sending in reserves as needed. Sargon was crushed that day and the world knew the name of his wife's sons no more."
-Excerpt from the Anglo-Cuck Chronicle

Table Country

Faggotry is finite. Autism is eternal.
kiwifarms.net

Did this faggot make a seventeen-minute video debating a single, off-hand comment in a review about a fucking video game show? The bit about leaders leading from the front being a shitty idea barely had anything to do with the rest of his review, and Carl makes a goddamn seventeen-minute video about it.

• Agree
Reactions: Easterling

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
Prior to the early modern world their is some merit to having your commander commit to the battle, he's usually supported by a crack unit, it's provides credability with the men, it can bolster morale and it looks really really good politically. It is however a real roll of the dice as the death of a commander can often shatter morale and occasionally has far deeper consquances. For example my online name bassically signed the death warrent for Paganism because he thought leading from the front was the way to go.

Sargons a big fanboy of history but he's very whiggish in how he percieves it, childish even. Like a series of exiting stories as opposed to complex interlocking events with often horrific ramifications. I think it partially explains how simplistic his worldview actually is, I also think it's partly why he hates SJW's so much since they tend to flirt with deconstructing narratives even if they totally fuck it up. From Sargons persective I suspect pointing out that historical figures were often incredably complex, horribly flawed or very much people of their time is something which personally annoys him.

Last edited:

Crystal Golem

kiwifarms.net
Prior to the early modern world their is some merit to having your commander commit to the battle, he's usually supported by a crack unit, it's provides credability with the men, it can bolster moral and it looks really really good politically. It is however a real roll of the dice as the death of a commander can often shatter morale and occasionally for deeper consquances. For example my online name bassically signed the death warrent for Paganism because he thought leading from the front was the way to go.

Sargons a big fanboy of history but he's very whiggish in how he percieves it, childish even like a series of exiting stories as opposed to complex interlocking events with often horrific ramifications. I think it partially explains how simplistic his worldview actually is, I also think it's partly why he hates SJW's so much since they tend to flirt with deconstructing narratives even if they totally fuck it up. From Sargons persective I suspect pointing historical figures were often incredably complex, horribly flawed or very much people of their time is something which personally annoys him.
Yeah this exactly. The tweet betrays how much a person like Sargon can use their accumulated knowledge to make themselves dumber. I think he may literally think of warfare as a series of individual duels between champions and war leaders. Motherfucker read the Iliad too many times.

verissimus

kiwifarms.net
Sargon is wrong, generals absolutely should not fight in the front. If the flanks are collapsing or there’s a hole in the line how will the general get word of this while fighting? Or even know about what’s happening? A general needs a good overview of the entire battlefield, usually a nearby hill or high ground well behind his lines. That way he can move his men around like pieces of a chessboard. Many times in history this has happened, or even worse the general goes down and all his bodyguards and nobles die too. Oh but I’m sure risking your entire political upper class for moral support is more than worth it.
Depends on the situation and time period. In general (no pun intended), it's a patently stupid idea especially after the introduction of gunpowder onward (see the Napoleonic Wars if you want to see examples of French officers getting routinely killed in the front); however there are situations where it's a necessary evil when 1) there is practically no reserves left and/or the only reserves left are with the general and as such must commit to them as Julian mentioned (see for example Caesar in the Siege of Alesia) or 2) the general feels that it's necessary to risk his person in a particular point in the battlefield just to preserve the whole position.

@_01 that's a summary of Carl Benjamin in general. Anything he tries to regurgitate or give his take on sounds dumber than he thinks in his head it would sound.