Carl Benjamin / Sargon of Akkad / Akkad Daily / The Thinkery / @not_sargon / @WarPlanPurple - Leader of the "Liberalists" & Droning Pseudo-Intellectual Boomer anti-SJW Activist, Applebees Waiter, Mass Shooter Whiteknight

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Would you rape Jess Phillips

• Total voters

LatinasAreTheFuture

No niñas!
kiwifarms.net
Depends on the situation and time period. In general (no pun intended), it's a patently stupid idea especially after the introduction of gunpowder onward (see the Napoleonic Wars if you want to see examples of French officers getting routinely killed in the front); however there are situations where it's a necessary evil when 1) there is practically no reserves left and/or the only reserves left are with the general and as such must commit to them as Julian mentioned (see for example Caesar in the Siege of Alesia) or 2) the general feels that it's necessary to risk his person in a particular point in the battlefield just to preserve the whole position.

@_01 that's a summary of Carl Benjamin in general. Anything he tries to regurgitate or give his take on sounds dumber than he thinks in his head it would sound.
I was gonna make an edit and say exactly what you said. Well put. If the moral support is needed that badly then the situation is already pretty grim.

Easterling

Exceptional Individuals are the deadliest game
kiwifarms.net
- smug and unlikable
- acts like he's smarter than everyone even though he isn't smart at all
- believes himself to be a brilliant general because he plays a lot of strategy games

Sargon is a real-life Arnold J. Rimmer (BSc).
Has he vlogged about his Risk campaigns yet?
You just described a tankie as well.

Goku 1000000 O

d91550
kiwifarms.net
You just described a tankie as well.
@tuscangarder Carl is Red Gang now :^)
Prior to the early modern world their is some merit to having your commander commit to the battle, he's usually supported by a crack unit, it's provides credability with the men, it can bolster morale and it looks really really good politically. It is however a real roll of the dice as the death of a commander can often shatter morale and occasionally has far deeper consquances.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but it wasn’t uncommon for Roman commanders to join their troops in battle right? Except they wouldn’t fight on the front lines but stick close and manage their troops.

Like I’m pretty sure Julius Caesar wasn’t in the front line with his shield, he was probably in the back shouting orders.

Easterling

Exceptional Individuals are the deadliest game
kiwifarms.net

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it wasn’t uncommon for Roman commanders to join their troops in battle right? Except they wouldn’t fight on the front lines but stick close and manage their troops.

Like I’m pretty sure Julius Caesar wasn’t in the front line with his shield, he was probably in the back shouting orders.
Ceaser was like 40 when he decided to invade Gaul, Roman generals were typically pretty close to action but they didnt do much fighting since it was pretty risky, the issue is most people get generals mixed up with centurtions who actually did do the fighting and were much younger, essentially acting as captains for a cohort of around 100 legionaries. I think Carl probably has the autisitc perception that Generals acted like the general unit in a total war game. They usually didn't and when they did you'd get stories of how they fucked up like Harold Godwinson or Colonel Custer.

Table Country

Faggotry is finite. Autism is eternal.
kiwifarms.net
Ceaser was like 40 when he decided to invade Gaul, Roman generals were typically pretty close to action but they didnt do much fighting since it was pretty risky, the issue is most people get generals mixed up with centurtions who actually did do the fighting and were much younger, essentially acting as captains for a cohort of around 100 legionaries. I think Carl probably has the autisitc perception that Generals acted like the general unit in a total war game. They usually didn't and when they did you'd get stories of how they fucked up like Harold Godwinson or Colonel Custer.
I don't know about the war games bit, seeing as in Total War, charging your general into battle is a stupid idea that'll probably cost you the battle. I guess I'd chalk it up to Sargon's autistic, romanticized vision of history.

verissimus

kiwifarms.net

As I said before, it depended on the situation and the times. With regards to time period, this probably by and large ended by the American Civil War and sooner in Europe probably after Napoleon except of course Erwin Rommel who literally rode a tank to the front and was almost killed in it. In Ancient and Medieval times, it was a bit more doable because at least they had armor back then. With regards to the situation, it would have pretty much only been done when things were grim or perhaps when one of the commanders decided to charge against the other (see the Battle of Bosworth Field for example and how well that worked out for Richard III).

As for Caesar, as I said, he personally intervened at times when the situation called for it.

All in all, this just sounds like your usual empty platitudes from the Grim Smugler. Like @Easterling said, he probably got this bright idea after a session of total war.

Crystal Golem

Къэфкъас шӀуцӀэ
kiwifarms.net
'Sargon will chiefly be remembered for the enactment of the Stepsonage system wherein he came to rely on his many step-sons in times of military need or to "lend me a fiver" when the royal coffers ran dry. This system hinged on a great host of wife's sons and so a bride was chosen who would be able provide many bastards for the regime as well as the many Tyrones necessary for the operation. This marvel of autistic statecraft soon roused the ire of Pope Ouzonius of the Cucklic Church who had ordered that Cuckolds should have no more than 17 step-sons. This number was seen as a slap in the face to the Blackdadian court and Sargon was later excommunicated after writing a scathing letter accusing Ouzonius of being "A Pale Hotentot".'
-Excerpt from the Anglo-Cuckold Chronicle

verissimus

kiwifarms.net
'Sargon will chiefly be remembered for the enactment of the Stepsonage system wherein he came to rely on his many step-sons in times of military need or to "lend me a fiver" when the royal coffers ran dry. This system hinged on a great host of wife's sons and so a bride was chosen who would be able provide many bastards for the regime as well as the many Tyrones necessary for the operation. This marvel of autistic statecraft soon roused the ire of Pope Ouzonius of the Cucklic Church who had ordered that Cuckolds should have no more than 17 step-sons. This number was seen as a slap in the face to the Blackdadian court and Sargon was later excommunicated after writing a scathing letter accusing Ouzonius of being "A Pale Hotentot".'
Reading this made my day.

Trimmed Archer

ᛚᛟᚷᚾ ᚺᚢᚷᚱ
kiwifarms.net
'Although the Stepsonage system proved to be the most short-lived of all the Spergatorian experiments in Liberalistism, it'd experienced a brief renaissance during the Great Midget Menageries. Emperor Bonnell II the Terse, keen on appeasing the voluptuous cravings of his Tyrone-teasing concubine, urged Pope Ouzonius to rescind his 17 Step-Sons Decree on the grounds that all women were imponderable.
Ouzonius, hard-pressed on the countless fivers he had received by the Blackdadian courts, refused the emperor's request. Riled, Bonnell publicly declared that he'd called Ouzonius a "Hotentot" in private, all the while his kept woman twitched under the Tyronian onslaughts. Despite that the mistress promptly left Bonnell after his subsequent excommunication, it's been noted that she'd birthed as least seventy dwarfs in the coming decades. The reason for this, most historians opine, is because heartless harlots seldom seize men of high standing.'

-Excerpt from the Anglo-Cuckold Chronicle. Vol. II.
Weewee.jpeg

Table Country

kiwifarms.net
'Although the Stepsonage system proved to be the most short-lived of all the Spergatorian experiments in Liberalistism, it'd experienced a brief renaissance during the Great Midget Menageries. Emperor Bonnell II the Terse, keen on appeasing the voluptuous cravings of his Tyrone-teasing concubine, urged Pope Ouzonius to rescind his 17 Step-Sons Decree on the grounds that all women were imponderable.
Ouzonius, hard-pressed on the countless fivers he had received by the Blackdadian courts, refused the emperor's request. Riled, Bonnell publicly declared that he'd called Ouzonius a "Hotentot" in private, all the while his kept woman twitched under the Tyronian onslaughts. Despite that the mistress promptly left Bonnell after his subsequent excommunication, it's been noted that she'd birthed as least seventy dwarfs in the coming decades. The reason for this, most historians opine, is because heartless harlots seldom seize men of high standing.'

-Excerpt from the Anglo-Cuckold Chronicle. Vol. II.
View attachment 1095610
At this rate we'll need a separate thread in which to further worldbuild this hit new fantasy setting.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
- smug and unlikable
- believes himself to be a brilliant general because he plays a lot of strategy games

I wonder if he's ever had gazpacho soup.

Crystal Golem

Къэфкъас шӀуцӀэ
kiwifarms.net
At this rate we'll need a separate thread in which to further worldbuild this hit new fantasy setting.
@Trimmed Archer @verissimus

Gather round and help me recount the tales of the mighty tard-king.

Table Country

kiwifarms.net
@Trimmed Archer @verissimus

Gather round and help me recount the tales of the mighty tard-king.
I didn't mean that literally, but okay.

Goku 1000000 O

d91550
kiwifarms.net
I honestly considered coming up with a homebrew module for all this IBS shit a bit ago. I then realized how bad an idea it would be because I’d need to account for at least 5 different factions, 30 something characters, and a ton of combinations of events to allow for a good deal of player freedom.

My autism is not that strong for that.

instythot

kiwifarms.net
- smug and unlikable

I can completely believe that Vee has been subject to a black card situation

AltisticRight

李文亮醫生安息吧
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He’ll probably reach it before Ralph, he just needs to do one mildly remarkable stupid thing. And it’ll get there in a snap.

Honestly I’ve kept somewhat of an eye on him through Akkad Daily and I see a fair amount fo stuff I could post about but he’s honestly gotten so boring and I just find Vaush more interesting at the moment. There’s only so many ways I can call him a dumb piece of shit.

The biggest question regarding Carl is if he’ll try to rise up again for attention realizing he’s bleeding money. Or just coast along for a couple of years into total irrelevance.
If Ralph is able to hold his gunt for another month or so, Sargon will surely be the one to reach 1000 first. However given the Gunt cycle, the Gunt has far more potential, so it wouldn't be surprising if the Gunt picks up and surpasses Sargon. His thread reached 600+ in the matter of several weeks. I'm guessing it took years for Boogie's thread to reach 600. Sargon's thread exploded after he ran for office, but IMO in a lesser proportion.

Sargon is too boring to laugh at nowadays. Unless he runs for office again or something, he's just stale and very uninspiring. Expected, he looks like Matt Jarbo's uncle.