• ”SHATTERED MY HEART AND MURDERED MY SOUL.”

Dramacow Carl Benjamin / Sargon of Akkad / The ThinkeryLeader of the "Liberalists" & Droning Pseudo-Intellectual anti-SJW Activist

Discussion in 'Lolcows' started by Anonimo, Mar 10, 2016.

Forum Guidelines

Lolcows are people and groups whose eccentric or foolish behavior can be "milked" for amusement and laughs. They are not countries, political figures, celebrities, your highschool bully, or some random YouTuber who doesn't involve himself in drama.

• Be civil.

Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.

• Hide your powerlevel.

Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. This is not your blog and we are not an asylum.

• Don't backseat moderate.

You are not a moderator. You do not decide if a thread is to remain open or not. You do not decide if someone is a lolcow or not.

• Don't white knight.

Don't turn threads into an intervention. If you want to help, contact them privately. True lolcows reject advice.

• Do not create topics about forum members.

If you believe someone discovered by their account on the forum deserves a thread, ask staff first.

• No trolling plans.

We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.

• Topic titles should contain aliases.

Keep thread titles as brief as possible and use all their different usernames.

• Archive everything.

Use archival tools to preserve content forever. Upload directly to posts where applicable.

?

What should be done about this thread?

1. Locked, because he's not a lolcow

102 vote(s)
    13.4%
  2. Leave open and hope for another round of drama

483 vote(s)
    63.3%
  3. Same as above, but move to a non-lolcow part of the forum (ie, Multimedia)

178 vote(s)
    23.3%
  1. They literally said to get Google to doxx Jim for them. They think Google will give up a users info because Andy stole sargon's gay ass movement name

• Agree Agree x 4
    kiwifarms.net
  2. lmfao
    Capture.PNG

• Winner Winner x 2
    Bryan Dunn

Bryan Dunn KoP & Exceptional Detective @ 2209 E 3rd Ave, FL
    Verified True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. Trademark litigation can last literally years if one of the parties decides they want to drag ass and stall.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  4. Why even sue when he can just buy it from Andy for 10k

• Agree Agree x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  5. If sargon drags andy to court over this he will lose all credibility he has left

Internet lawsuits never reflect well

• Agree Agree x 6
    Sheryl Nome

Sheryl Nome Treating Bryan Roughly

kiwifarms.net
  6. So how does this work exactly if sargon & the liberalists actually sue? What would be the argument made by them for Andy's trademark exactly? I know you are more versed in law then myself so maybe some insight would be awesome here.

Bryan Dunn

kiwifarms.net
  7. IIRC, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has a mandatory period for filing a trademark dispute that can be settled without extensive litigation. If that period is over, this would probably be his best bet. Either that or find a less stupid name.

• Informative Informative x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  8. Andy is a Canuck so I don't think that applies anyway.

PurpleDude

PurpleDude Pussburglar

kiwifarms.net
  9. Liberalists and the JQ :story:

• Informative Informative x 2
    Bryan Dunn

kiwifarms.net
  10. It's still true. If Sargon were to patent Liberalists now he would easily win.

Edit: Canada follows International IP Laws, and as a result would respect an IP from another country.

• Informative Informative x 2
    soy_king

soy_king Now with 1000% more estrogen!

kiwifarms.net
  11. I know that in the US that the period for protected public disclosure is a year. I'm not sure what it is in the UK but it can't be significantly shorter.

• Informative Informative x 1
    soy_king

kiwifarms.net
  12. It's a trademark, not a patent.

If I remember correctly, even though Sargon and his gang has used the term Liberalist, they have not trademarked the term so I don't believe it should stop Warsky from getting a trademark approved. Sargon's previous use of the term should however prevent Warsky from asserting his trademark against Sargon where the term has already been used (i.e primarily Britain).

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  13. The term "liberalist" existed well before Sargon took it on or Andy filed a trademark claim, though. At that point, wouldn't Andy's claim just get thrown out so no one would really own the term? Then I imagine there'd be a rush to trademark regional party names to keep this from happening again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Balls McGuffin

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. He could always claim to be the 'canadian liberalist party' and i think sargon couldn't do shit

• Agree Agree x 2
    Sheryl Nome

Sheryl Nome Treating Bryan Roughly

kiwifarms.net
  15. If he filed in the USPTO then it definitely does. I'm not sure how international trademark litigation applies but the word "international" + "trademark" means "a lot more expensive than previously estimated".

Quite the opposite. In order for something to be trademarked it has to actually represent your brand. If you attempt to trademark something someone else is already using to represent themselves (and indeed the word "Liberalist" has extensive web presence linking to shit Sargon is controlling), you are very likely to lose your attempt to trademark it. Even if no one wins it as a result, you will lose.

https://www.quora.com/Can-I-trademark-a-word-if-someone-uses-it-now-as-a-company-name-and-sue-them-I-want-to-use-a-name-that-has-part-of-another-company’s-name-I-will-sell-a-similar-product-I-wont-sue-them-but-Im-scared-they-would-trademark-their-name-and-sue-me

You also have to actually use your trademark for it to stick. If you file a trademark with an "intent to use", you're only reserving it for the day you start using it. If you never start using it, you don't get the trademark.

• Informative Informative x 7
    #2095 Null, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    kiwifarms.net
  16. Trademarking something doesn't give you ownership of the entire term, image etc in every situation.

Apples (the fruit) existed long before the Machintosh computer company were created, but it were still possible for them to get a trademark for "apple" in the realm of electronic products at the same time as foodstores all over the world are selling apples (the fruit) and advertising them as "apples" (in their regional language)

I see. But then this should falter already in the cursory examination by the trademark office?
    And it's because the Warsky use of the term is more or less the same as the Sargon one.

It would, for example, be possible for someone to start a mechanics workshop by the business name Liberalist and get a trademark for the term in that context.

• Informative Informative x 1
    #2096 MidUSA, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    kiwifarms.net
  17. [​IMG]

Andy sounds confident. I hope he doesn't end up having to defend a white nationalist dickgirl ethnostate in court, though that would be fucking hilarious.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    Balls McGuffin

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. Can't exactly say I am surprised. I figured it would be him or the Armoured Skeptic - Blaire White crowd.

He was always paranoid and vindictive. Involved in some drama every other month.

What I find ironic is how quickly they became the humorless, easily-offended, mewling SJWs once they became the target of ridicule. They would always go on and on about how humor was the most potent weapon to deflate their opposition but folded to it almost immediately.

The main consequence of Kraut's implosion is it totally demoralized them. He spent almost 6 months with academics trying to win and still failed. Beforehand I got the impression they thought they could ignore things like the altright or the new bloodsports crowd which came afterward. Now they can't, Sargon had to debate Spencer to try and win back credibility for his side and that went poorly. Now here we are.

Oh speaking of which, this guy Godwinson recorded Sargon's liberalist meet up. Footage and the Kumite where he appeared (about 2 hours in to about 2:30:00 are the importantr parts). He notes that Sargon is clearly defensive as hell, tensing up when Spencer is brought up, mad Godwinson wasnt kicked out. There was nothing Godwinson said that his footage contradicted that I found. Some things are a little ambiguous but there is no reason to assume he is making that up if nothing else was wrong. He didn't plan to be on the stream so if he was lying it would not be very careful or elaborate and he'd have been exposed.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  19. It wouldn't matter, an IP's an IP. There's video evidence of Sargon using the term "Liberalist" before Andy's trademark. Since under US law this public disclosure occurred less than a year ago, if Sargon were to apply for federal recognition of the trademark he would receive it over Andy's claim. Not sure how it works in the UK though.

Did he really? Do you have links? If so then it would conceivably fall under prior art.

Oh no doubt this would be a highly costly and petty legal battle on both ends. Let's hope it goes down.

soy_king

kiwifarms.net
  20. Does sargon labelling himself really give a right to the trademark though? I mean I can call myself a faggot but that doesn't mean I can copyright it

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.