Carlos Maza reportedly leaving Vox after harassment on Twitter - Don't let the door hit you on the way out, lispy queer

Is Carlos Maza cancelled?

• Yes, I press S to spit on the grave of this faggot's whole career

Votes: 54 29.5%
  • No, nepotism will save @gaywonk

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I don't know/I'm not sure

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Carlos Maza should go to Mexico to see how his kind really thinks about the gays

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • Carlos Maza should just make out with Stephen Crowder

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • Carlos Maza thought he was important, only for reality to prove that he is nothing

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • Carlos Maza who?

Votes: 27 14.8%

• Total voters

Iwasamwillbe

Rational Big-Brained Deep-Thinking Philosopher
kiwifarms.net

Carlos Maza, the controversial host of the show “Strikethrough,” appears to be on the way out at Vox Media.

Maza was engaged in a running battle with right-wing provocateur Steven Crowder, whom the openly gay Latino Maza says has been attacking him with rants he considers racist and homophobic.

Maza pressured YouTube in June to take down Crowder’s video channel as hate speech. At first, YouTube refused to take down the channel, saying it did not violate YouTube guidelines, but then relented and agreed to “demonetize” the site but not to totally ban it.

Maza has also had Tucker Carlson in his crosshairs.

“Tucker Carlson is a white supremacist and YouTube profits from hate speech,” he tweeted. Maza’s twitter handle reads @gaywonk.

Initially, sources said, Vox executives had supported him in his battle with Crowder. But as Maza wanted to escalate the all-out war, their support seemed to wane.

Attempts to reach Maza via email were unsuccessful, although he posted on Twitter, “hello from the ~shakiest~ few weeks of my life” on Aug. 11.

That triggered this response from one of his fans, Shannon P. Duffy.

“Hear the voices of your legions of fans. We value your voice. You are our warrior. We love and need you. The shrapnel of haters cannot pierce the armor we give you. Trust in this.”

Vox Media did not return calls seeking comment. But one source said Maza is negotiating a severance package.

Recon

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
PRAISE GAWD
Feel that pendulum? Burns, don't it? I expect a lot more of these departures in coming years, largely because being proponent of cancel culture is neither emotionally nor spiritually sustainable. They'll all crap out. The poison will leech into their souls until they can no longer ignore it.

SmileyTimeDayCare

kiwifarms.net
Maza isn't cancelled. He'll continue on independent and as an "Influencer". This won't be the last we'll hear of him.
He'll influence about twenty people by this time next year.

I'm not seeing any indication that the Twitter bullshit had anything to do with his leaving. It's probably just more downsizing from these failing media corps and the twink is just capitalizing on the 'outrage'.
I have no doubt that his bullshit put him at the top of the list for who gets the ax.

I am also certain Vox slipped him some cash to keep him quiet.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino