• ”WORLD-WIDE DEADLY COMMUNIST GANGSTER COMPUTER GOD”

Carmen Sandiego on NetflixEverything you loved is getting rebooted

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by 2odastream, Jan 11, 2019 at 6:47 PM.

1. Hilarious if true. The style just looks like it, was literally the first thing that came to mind seeing the thumbnail.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Kari Kamiya

Kari Kamiya Dying for the sins of Pokémans

kiwifarms.net
  2. I loved the Carmen Sandiego shows when I was a kid, and I also was a fan of Erin Esurance, so I'm not entirely opposed to this concept.

But if they make Carmen Sandiego all "woke" (and we all know they will), then I won't be watching it.

• Feels Feels x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    Syaoran Li

Syaoran Li Kendo Gun Shop

kiwifarms.net
  3. Went from a corny but likeable game show, to an educational cartoon with great animation, to finally becoming a flash animated Netflix adaptation... I can only hope its at least remotely as good as the Esurance commercials... but it won't be...

Well it is a Netflix adaptation instead of an original idea, so that's likely to happen... I usually tend to have little hope for adaptations and remakes in general but I have zero hope for Netflix adaptations.
    netflix-adaptation-meme-pic8.jpg

• Winner Winner x 22
    • Like Like x 4
    • Feels Feels x 1
    #23 GeneralFriendliness, Jan 12, 2019 at 2:07 AM
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 1:27 PM
    GeneralFriendliness

GeneralFriendliness General of Dokar's Soy-Slayer Regiment

kiwifarms.net
  4. How I wish that meeting had gone:

"What if...Carmen Sandiego were a thief...who only steals...from other thieves?"
    "What if...our reputation...for Netflix Originals...weren't already in the shitter? What if NO?"

• Feels Feels x 6
    UnclePhil

UnclePhil Getting older in a changing, frightening world.

kiwifarms.net
  5. Oh great, something noone ever asked for, a shitty prequel show that vaguely takes some established franchise and poorly shoehorns some modern idology bullshit into it (that last part might not be confirmed, but we all know it'll happen one way or the other).

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

• Agree Agree x 6
    RomanesEuntDomus

RomanesEuntDomus May contain nuts.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. anyone else remember this shit?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Feels Feels x 3
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    UnKillFill

UnKillFill I'm gonna have some fun.

kiwifarms.net
  7. Yes, but will she steal the Great Wall of China and hide it in Santiago, Chile, after traveling through Paris, Johannesburg, and Washington, D.C.? I'd like to see this Carmen do that!

• Feels Feels x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  8. Oh, it will. Every QA and writing department of everything you enjoy has been taken over by SJW ideologues, so you know sooner than later she's going to be a thief who only steals from not-Trump or GamerGate or frat boys or not-TheQuartering guy.

What I'm wondering is how quick the "Surprise, White Manbaby Incels Hate Carmen Sandiego" article appears on the usual suspect sites.

• Agree Agree x 9
    UnclePhil

kiwifarms.net
  9. Next up: Pinky and the Brain reboot with Elmyra Duff as an evil cishetero oppressor of the mice (voiced by two unheard of PoC actors).

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  10. Is this actually gonna be edutainment like the franchise started as or is it just more mindless entertainment to plop dumb drones in front of?

Learn some geography you ingrates!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    #30 The Shadow, Jan 12, 2019 at 10:19 AM
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 10:42 AM
    The Shadow

The Shadow protecting dogs and shredding tunes for the Duke

kiwifarms.net
  11. "Yo Brain what the FUCK we doin' tonight?"
    "The same shit we do erry night, Pinky: try to take over the hood!"

• Winner Winner x 12
    kiwifarms.net
  12. This is the same site that claimed Project MC2 was "edutainment".

Uncanny Valley

Uncanny Valley masshole
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. We absolutely cannot have her be a villain at all.

How about she steals from those thieves because they're just trash thieves? Why does she have to be a hero?

I am noticing a larger and larger problem in SJW media where like they're terrified of villains. Carmen's motivation makes little sense. If she disliked the thieves so much, it'd just be easier to be a snitch.

But why the aversion to making her a straight villain? A thief that steals from other thieves just made me roll my fucking eyes into the back of my head. Everyone knows stealing is wrong. Everyone knows murder is wrong. It just seems stupid.

You didn't need anything to Carmen's character before, because shit, understanding someone's motivation for stealing famous shit is easy. Murder was never brought into the mix.

Her being another generic, non-anti hero is fucking annoying. An anti hero has to have anti heroic traits. I realize it's a kids show but man, shit is so boring. Make her love thieving, make her not give a shit people could be hurt or even killed. Maybe have her limit be knocking people out and when other thieves murder its 'not her business'. But then make the org cross a line like stealing souls or some shit. Doing something she can't abide.

But at the end of the day, still have her be a thief. Make her still sell artifacts on the black market. Still enjoy flouting and being smarter than the agents hunting her. Still have her be an interesting character. But nope, just generic cartoon badass #394728.

I know, it's a 'kids show'. But the thing is no kids will know Carmen Sandiego. They're going off name recognition for the same reason. Get internet buzz and hope it will stick like She-Ra. But it's just boring and sanitized. Its unchallenging, it's not even edutainment anymore.

• Feels Feels x 10
    • Agree Agree x 5
    Secret Asshole

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. She shouldn't be a character at all. She's basically Waldo in those Find Waldo books. A goal. Show one picture of a dangerous woman in red and that's all you need.

The rest is pure imagination, and that's why she got so popular to begin with. The mystery around her, because nothing was ever explained.

Speaking of, Where's Waldo adaptation of him being a tortured artist on a life quest to remedy his depression, when?

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
    Guts Gets Some

Guts Gets Some "Sword=cock" -Susumu Hirasawa

kiwifarms.net
  15. >TFW no big titty thief gf

• Feels Feels x 10
    2odastream

2odastream r/Drama queen

kiwifarms.net
  16. Well, when I mean character, I mean backstory. A master thief does things out of ego, profit and intelligence. Now how she got there was a mystery. But she was basically so powerful a villain you really could never catch her, you could only recover shit she stole. And even if you encountered worse people and she helped you, you never knew why. Was it the whims of an egomaniac? Did she save you simply to humiliate you and show her how much better she was than you? Or was it because she did have a little heart of gold. That should always be up to the player/viewer to figure out. But she should still be an anti-hero.

But nah, now its all 'killing is wrong and I somehow didn't see this coming working for a criminal syndicate'. Its like Hitman 47, great anti-hero. "I was cloned to kill for rich assholes. But now I only kill assholes, because fuck them." He's an example of an anti-hero. He's a violent murderer, but he has this code. You don't kill anyone but the target, because the poor motherfuckers are just doing their jobs. Dishonored did this poorly, but got better with 2, killing people that deserved it.

Few things I'll forget in terms of gritty anti-heroes like 'The Punisher'. The Slavers is a perfect view of this. You know Frank has issues and is violent. But he takes it to the edge. He pushes the limit of what is 'good' and nearly comes to the level of villain with his pure hatred of his enemy. That's what anti-heroes ARE. They push our conceptions of good and evil. They push our ideas of morality. That not everything is strictly good and evil. They go, how much is too much? Where is the line? How do they step over it?

You could have kept the mystery with Sandiego by not making her the main character, but making a friend or boyfriend or something the main character and just leaving them to wonder at what her real motives were. One week, she's saving people's souls. The next she's tricking some old librarian to sell her an expensive manuscript for cheap when its worth thousands. Who is she really? And that should be where it comes in. Is she a thief with a heart of gold? Is she just a plain old sociopath with some boundaries she finds disgusting? Or is she manipulating the people around her to lower their guard? You should never know any of these things. And learn some fucking geography in the process. Anything you learn about her should be contradictory. She should be a pathological liar, her stories seeming true but something that she intentionally gives away which might be a big lie or a half-truth. And at the end of the day, its all Chaos. And that's maybe what she craves, what drives her. The danger, the anarchy. And going after the most dangerous people on the planet gives her a thrill. Fuck, make her Joker light, without the wackiness and the evil and killing. Just the agent of Chaos bit.

Its just so much more interesting than "I learned killing was wrong and then became Robin Hood."

I've had this idea toying around in my head for years about a 'Where's Waldo?' cartoon/anime. Waldo is a starving artist who slowly went insane, and drew a painting which ripped a hole in the space time continuum. Waldo himself is collapsing reality upon himself. It'd be interactive like 'Bandersnatch' with multiple endings. You'd have to find Waldo who has lost his mind, splitting into multiple pieces of himself. You chase him through reality after reality, sometimes ending up in hell (have you SEEN some where's Waldo books? They look like medieval paintings of Satan and Demons). You can make that shit action-adventure so easy.

The whole drama revolves around an insane person revealed the secrets of the universe, hiding in each pocket dimension, trying to destroy reality and you having to find each iteration before the universe collapses in on itself.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
    #36 Secret Asshole, Jan 12, 2019 at 2:04 PM
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 2:11 PM
    Secret Asshole

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  17. Here's the Where's Waldo? reboot plot summary.

Wenda (deadname: Waldo) is a non-binary genderqueer disowned by their terrible Christian parents on Thanskgiving. One morning Wenda disappears after leaving a cryptic note on Bumblr (a social media site where transpeople post why they are bummed). Now their carefully diverse friends, including a quadriplegic in a wheelchair, an otherkin who identifies as a dog named Woof and a Muslim who wears a wizard costume, must find Wenda before they possibly commit suicide. The search for Wenda will take the Current Year allies through crowded fairgrounds, magical forests and airports, all the while giving them a platform to bypass the ideological gatekeepers and tell their stories.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Feels Feels x 2
    UnclePhil

kiwifarms.net
  18. So we'll just reboot anything, huh?

• Feels Feels x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  19. Holy shit dude, you should get on that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Kari Kamiya

Kari Kamiya Dying for the sins of Pokémans

kiwifarms.net
  20. "Waldo and Carmen Sandiego must scour the world searching for their long lost daughter" would probably be something I'd rather watch than this. Seriously, they'd never find the little bitch.

Edit:
    Apparently there was a Waldo cartoon.

• Feels Feels x 1
    • Islamic Content Islamic Content x 1
    GeneralFriendliness

GeneralFriendliness General of Dokar's Soy-Slayer Regiment

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.