Caroline Flack: British reality TV star found dead at 40 -

TopCat

kiwifarms.net
Former Love Island host Caroline Flack has been found dead in her London flat, her family have confirmed.

A lawyer for the family said the star had taken her own life.

She stood down from the dating show after she was charged with assaulting her partner in December and was due to stand trial next month.

As well as presenting ITV's Love Island she had co-hosted The X Factor and won Strictly Come Dancing in 2014.

The family said in a statement: "We can confirm that our Caroline passed away today, the 15th of February.

"We would ask that the press respect the privacy of the family at this difficult time and we would ask they make no attempt to contact us and/or photograph us."

Confirming Saturday night's Love Island episode will not be broadcast, an ITV spokeswoman said: "Everybody at Love Island and ITV is shocked and saddened by this desperately sad news.

"Caroline was a much loved member of the Love Island team and our sincere thoughts and condolences are with her family and friends."

Laura Whitmore, who took over presenting the show following Flack's arrest, posted a picture of the pair on Twitter and wrote: "I'm trying to find the words but I can't."

From children's TV to Chicago on stage

Many fans grew up with Flack since her breakthrough co-hosting Saturday morning show TMi with Sam and Mark on CBBC in 2007.

From there, she went on to front Gladiators on Sky One, ITV2's I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! spin-off and The Xtra Factor, before moving to The X Factor itself with Olly Murs in 2015.

She cemented her popular appeal when she won Strictly Come Dancing in 2014 with partner Pasha Kovalev.

She is credited with making Love Island one of the biggest shows on British TV and was the one to pick up the award when it won the Bafta for best reality show in 2018.

The same year, Flack made her West End stage debut as Roxie Hart in Chicago and even appeared on the celebrity version of The Great British Bake Off.

Assault charge

At the time of her death, she had been replaced by Whitmore for the winter series of Love Island.

Flack was charged with assaulting her boyfriend with a lamp after police were called to her home in December.

She pleaded not guilty in court later the same month and was released on bail on the condition she did not contact Burton.

Her solicitor made an application to have these bail conditions lifted, arguing that they remained a couple and wanted to spend Christmas together.

TV host with popular appeal
By Ian Youngs, entertainment reporter

As the Love Island host for four years, the winner of 2014's Strictly Come Dancing and presenter of hit shows like The X Factor, Flack was one of the most in-demand and well-loved personalities on British TV.

Her charm and popular appeal made her an ideal choice when Love Island was relaunched in 2015, and she helped make it one of the biggest shows on British TV.

Her profile made her a fixture in the tabloids, and her relationships - including with One Direction star Harry Styles and rumours about Prince Harry - put her on the front pages.

But her career was in the balance after her arrest on suspicion of assault in December, leading her to be replaced on Love Island by Laura Whitmore.

Stars pay tribute

Love Island star Wes Nelson called Flack "an absolute diamond" and said he was heartbroken at the death of "one of the warmest funniest people I've ever met".

Amber Davies, Love Island 2017 winner, tweeted: "My heart is actually broken."

TV presenter Davina McCall wrote: "I don't even know what to say. But my heart goes out to her friends and family x I might be a bit quiet tonight on social media .. just doesn't seem right ."

Strictly co-host Tess Daly said: "Absolutely shocked and devastated at this tragic news. Rest in peace Caroline you beautiful girl."

This Morning presenter Phillip Schofield paid tribute with a post on Instagram, writing: "You poor darling girl my heart is breaking #BeKind".

TV presenter Jonathan Ross said he had been in touch with Flack recently and "had hoped she was doing better".

"She was talented and smart and likeable and she will be missed. It's awful," he tweeted.

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>tfw you genuinely have no fucking idea what love island even is despite years of wall to wall britbong media coverage because your hermit shell skills are fucking transcendent and you have been too busy with dumb weeb shit and meems

Seriously. It could be some shitty big brother knockoff, it could be a skeezy dating bachelorette show, it could be a fucking island survival competition for all I know. I legitimately do not know anything about it.

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>tfw you genuinely have no fucking idea what love island even is despite years of wall to wall britbong media coverage because your hermit shell skills are fucking transcendent and you have been too busy with dumb weeb shit and meems
View attachment 1146528

Seriously. It could be some shitty big brother knockoff, it could be a skeezy dating bachelorette show, it could be a fucking island survival competition for all I know. I legitimately do not know anything about it.
Love Island has had a surprising amount of suicides:

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
Based off the description on Wikipedia, it seems to be a combination of the three:

Love Island involves a group of contestants, referred to as Islanders, living in isolation from the outside world in a villa in Mallorca, constantly under video surveillance.[37] To survive in the villa the Islanders must be coupled up with another Islander, whether it be for love, friendship or money, as the overall winning couple receives £50,000. On the first day, the Islanders couple up for the first time based on first impressions, but over the duration of the series they are forced to "re-couple" where they can choose to remain in their current couple or swap and change.

Any Islander who remains single after the coupling is eliminated and dumped from the island. Islanders can also be eliminated via public vote, as during the series the public vote through the Love Island app available on smartphones for their favourite couple, or who they think is the most compatible. Couples who receive the fewest votes risk being eliminated. Often a twist has occurred where it has been up to the Islanders to eliminate couples. During the final week, the public vote for which couple they want to win the series and therefore take home £50,000.
But yeah, I never heard of it either.

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
Whenever a death is announced in this telltale extremely vague way you always immediately know they killed themselves. New ofcom regulations perhaps?

I've never even looked up what Love Island is but the name alone clued me in and I assumed it was something absolutely shameless.

Based off the description on Wikipedia, it seems to be a combination of the three:
TBH. That's not the worst reality TV show on British airwaves.
If you want to know more, Charlie Brooker wrote about an extremely similar show in his TV Go Home book except all the contestants were in external relationships and encouraged to cheat. Also the kernal of the pilot for his Babby's First Creepypasta series

Easterling

Chinese Super Bio Weapons Divsion
kiwifarms.net
Can confirm love island is a pretty big phenomena in Bongland, its a 50/50 split on if people like it here, I dont really watch the telly much these days but the general jist is a bunch of attractive attention seekers decide to have a scripted relationship recorded for several weeks, its basically big brother but everyone either has abs or nice tits. Intrestingly enough though several cast members have decided to go commit suicslide after thier season was over and they had to go back to being regular jackoffs again.

• Informative
Reactions: Ars Goetia

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Whenever a death is announced in this telltale extremely vague way you always immediately know they killed themselves. New ofcom regulations perhaps?
Suicide is actually contagious, so proper news places try to be vague around the subject if they possibly can. It's weird, because it's where factual reporting comes up against something that can legitimately be considered harmful to society.

It's also why you know troon reporting is full of shit, because they blare out 'THESE PEOPLE WILL KILL THEMSELVES IF WE DON'T GIVE THEM EVERYTHING THEY WANT' all the time, without any regard for the fact that by doing that, they're actually pushing more people towards suicide.

I Love Beef

Bell peppers and bee- HEY WAIT A SEC WHERE'S THE B
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1146528

At least you're just dealing with art and scripted shows that have some fictional and fantastical metaphorical insight on the human condition.

You're not missing much on current day reality television. Just another vapid scripted media sensationalist stirring batch of shit gathering pretty faces for some "ideal premise" when the reality remains that they're personality shallow akin to cardboard cutouts and wound up thinking that being shown live on TV will fulfill that empty void in their lives.

I do feel sad for Caroline Flack, but only for the fact that her life has consisted of hosting soulless and mindless drivel.

Reactions: Neon

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
Suicide is actually contagious, so proper news places try to be vague around the subject if they possibly can. It's weird, because it's where factual reporting comes up against something that can legitimately be considered harmful to society.

It's also why you know troon reporting is full of shit, because they blare out 'THESE PEOPLE WILL KILL THEMSELVES IF WE DON'T GIVE THEM EVERYTHING THEY WANT' all the time, without any regard for the fact that by doing that, they're actually pushing more people towards suicide.
I never believed that honestly but even if it's true what's the big deal? Those people were gonna do it anyway.
It's the same argument the video nasty law came in on.
"If crazy people watch violence, they could go crazy themselves and kill!"

I think it's just OFCOM training the newspapers to (((recontextualise))).

• Agree
Reactions: oldTireWater

Azovka

I coulda been a contender
kiwifarms.net
It's sad that she committed suicide ; may she rest in peace.

That being said, I've seen the regular Twitter outrage mob seize her suicide as an opportunity to talk about how harmful the British Press is, and bring up Harry & Meghan again.

Was Caroline Flack hounded by tabloids? Sure, just as much as any other celebrity. But everyone seems to conveniently forget that she literally beat her boyfriend up with a lamp WHILE HE SLEPT. Like, what kind of coverage did she expect after that?

It's honestly mind boggling to me. You can have some respect for the accomplishments of a person after their passing, but these people literally blame the negative portrayal the media gave of her in the last months as the reason for her seppuku, when she was a fucking domestic abuser. If the genders were reversed, doubt they'd have as much sympathy and understanding.

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 18.21.40.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 18.21.52.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 18.24.42.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 18.22.14.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 18.24.24.png

Tldr: Saying bad things and mocking a domestic abuser literally kills people, and you need more censorship to fix it.

Tags
None