Cartoon Network Debuts New Anti-Racism PSA ‘Tell the Whole Story’ -

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Marie Van Britten Brown actually invented the home security system as we know it today. An "inconvenient truth" is buried in that story, though, which is probably why it doesn't get talked about as much - she invented it because she felt unsafe in her neighborhood, which was late 60s Queens, where, non-coincidentally, the police were slow to respond. I'll give you three guesses as to why that is, and the first two don't count.
And there's the guy who invented super soakers. That's 2 at least.

TitanWest

Based Penguin Guy
kiwifarms.net
Ngl, this is actually pretty accurate to how classes go these days.
A literally pearl-white lesbian woman explaining how everything is racist and you should be angry about it.
She’s the Great white savior, show some respect!

In fact, both @The Last Stand and @The Pink Panther should send her thank you cards.
They mostly aren't white. They're mostly Jews along with a few white LGBTQ+ and Mulattoes.

JW 228 Uni.jpg

Phony Negro

DAMN
kiwifarms.net
Marie Van Britten Brown actually invented the home security system as we know it today. An "inconvenient truth" is buried in that story, though, which is probably why it doesn't get talked about as much - she invented it because she felt unsafe in her neighborhood, which was late 60s Queens, where, non-coincidentally, the police were slow to respond. I'll give you three guesses as to why that is, and the first two don't count.
And there's the guy who invented super soakers. That's 2 at least.

I find it very interesting that black people who do actually invent stuff get put on the backburner compared to people who were "claimed to invent" something, even though they either just innovated off of what was already built or just helped with the patenting of it. Don't Walk, Run! Productions made this point here:

Lonnie Johnson wasn't even mentioned by name by these people.

Didn't a black man invent the video game cartridge?
He didn't. At most not by himself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairchild_Channel_F

In 1974, Alpex Computer Corporation employees Wallace Kirschner and Lawrence Haskel developed a home video game prototype consisting of a base unit centered on an Intel 8080 microprocessor and interchangeable circuit boards containing ROM chips that could be plugged into the base unit. The duo attempted to interest several television manufacturers in the system, but were unsuccessful. Next, they contacted a buyer at Fairchild, which sent engineer Jerry Lawson to evaluate the system. Lawson was impressed by the system and suggested Fairchild license the technology, which the company did in January 1976.

Lawson worked with industrial designer Nick Talesfore and mechanical engineer Ron Smith to turn the prototype into a viable project. Changes included replacing the 8080 with Fairchild's own F8 CPU, adapting the prototypes complex keyboard controls into a single control stick, and encasing the ROM circuit boards in a plastic cartridges reminiscent of 8-track tapes. Talesfore was responsible for the design of the hand controllers, console, and video game cartridges; Smith was responsible for the mechanical engineering of the video cartridges and controllers.

Funny thing, really. When I was growing up, based on the posters and information around me, I had always been under the impression that George Washington Carver invented peanut butter. Now I know better. While he invented some peanut and sweet potato-related products, peanut butter was not one of them.

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Funny thing, really. When I was growing up, based on the posters and information around me, I had always been under the impression that George Washington Carver invented peanut butter. Now I know better. While he invented some peanut and sweet potato-related products, peanut butter was not one of them.
I heard the same shit all the time as a kid. All I kept thinking is "That's it? That's all blacks have invented?" And HE DIDN'T EVEN INVENT IT!

Vyse Inglebard

Is it over already?!
kiwifarms.net
I heard the same shit all the time as a kid. All I kept thinking is "That's it? That's all blacks have invented?" And HE DIDN'T EVEN INVENT IT!
I used to be like, how's that "empowering" to us? Even disregarding the fact that it's untrue, look at all the shit white people have invented: the telegraph, the telephone, the radio, the television, the Internet, computers, etc. What's the best that black people could come up with? Peanut butter. Just....peanut butter. That has to be deflating to a young black person.

Also, Marie Van Britten Brown's invention is probably overlooked because of one simple fact. When faced with the issue of her personal safety in a dangerous neighborhood, instead of whining about how this is all "wypipo's fault", she did something that's unthinkable in this day and age: she got up off her ass, and DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT. And as we all know, black people can't do anything by themselves! The white saviors have to show us the way! *sigh*

TitanWest

Based Penguin Guy
kiwifarms.net
Make sure you thank a white woman today!

Also apologize for having a penis.
It's less White Women and more (((White Women))). Attacking "White Women" and calling them Karens is attacking our own people for no reason. Anti-Karenism is an anti-white Left thing. Check out the map below, keep in mind this map counts Democrat-leaning groups like Jews, MENA, and many Mestizos as "White" so the Red is even more pronounced among actual Whites:

BLM 74 Trump 2016.jpg

starborn427614

kiwifarms.net
I get what they're going for, but the Dove PSA's were more charming, less heavy-handed and actually felt in line with the tone of the show proper. All this does is make me wish the show was still around, plus how CN fucked Rebecca over by bending the knee to conservative countries.

Syaoran Li

They're Coming To Get You, Barbara!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I find it very interesting that black people who do actually invent stuff get put on the backburner compared to people who were "claimed to invent" something, even though they either just innovated off of what was already built or just helped with the patenting of it. Don't Walk, Run! Productions made this point here:

Lonnie Johnson wasn't even mentioned by name by these people.

He didn't. At most not by himself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairchild_Channel_F

IIRC, the misconception that Carver invented peanut butter has a lot to do with the fact that Carver's research and inventions helped motivate farmers to grow more peanuts, which helped popularize peanut butter in the wider American diet.

Yamma Damma

Damma Doo
kiwifarms.net
I get what they're going for, but the Dove PSA's were more charming, less heavy-handed and actually felt in line with the tone of the show proper. All this does is make me wish the show was still around, plus how CN fucked Rebecca over by bending the knee to conservative countries.

Those PSAs were about inner beauty and not outer beauty which makes no sense since they're a beauty product company.

CN didn't fuck Becky over per se, Becky fucked over herself. She was the one who pushed for the gay wedding that crippled the whole show's final seasons both story-wise and production-wise. If CN wanted to fuck her over they could've told her no wedding and not given her one more season. But they did. Almost everything wrong that happened on SU can be traced back to her.

IIRC there wasn't any civil wars in the SU world. Not any world wars at the very least.

:\The Gem War? The war between two worlds that littered the earth with relics and corrupted gems for a thousand years? It's the only war they ever talk about.