Celebrity Cassandra Clare / Judith Rumelt - 43 year old Harry Potter incest fanfic writer, professional cyberbully

oasys

one-man polycule
kiwifarms.net
fucking lol, vampires are literally the whitest monsters to ever white.
Tell that to "Raphael Santiago".

If you think about it, it's actually pretty racist. Like the white people are angels and everyone else is a demon. The black people literally chimp out in rage and turn into beasts. The mexicans suck the life out of people. leeching off them to feed themselves. Like damn Cassie that's progressive dude.

Elwood P. Dowd

Gone Daddy Gone
kiwifarms.net
fucking lol, vampires are literally the whitest monsters to ever white.
The Jewish kid got turned into a vampire for a while in one or maybe more of the books. And Shadow Hunters literally kept him locked up in a cage with some element of Judaica to prevent his exit. Can't remember if it was Stars of David carved in the bars or maybe those weird scroll things Jewish people put in their doorways in little boxes, but whatever it was it was pretty fucking ridiculous.

N

NG 070

kiwifarms.net
I'm just baffled that she's made so many mini series of her original books. Like I get it, its fun having a world that you've created and want to explore, but eventually enough is enough and it's going to get stale. Not too mentioned confusing for any potential readers who want to read her books.

Heck Stephanie Meyers recently wrote a new book that has nothing to do with Twilight, and this was the same author who thought it would be a bright idea to write a genderbent version of her first novel to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of twilight.

If Meyers could do it so can Clare.
Meyers is one example, but IMHO the better example of this is the late Terry Pratchett. The Discworld series, overall, rarely got stale because he had a huge cast of characters within the world itself and even some one-shot characters here and there to play with genres, make social commentary, and generally tell a wide variety of stories. Not to mention all the spin-off material, namely more codex-y stuff and maps. But overall? The Discworld series had 41 books to its name by the time of Pterry's passing.

So I don't necessarily see anything wrong with a writer to play in their one sandbox if they want -better than shitting up pre-existing franchises like most of modern Marvel or fan fiction in general-, but Discworld is a good example of how to pull it off properly. Something Cassie should have taken notes on.

However, even he did non-Discworld stuff from time to time, too: the Johnny Maxwell series, the Nome Trilogy, the Long Earth series, and several one-shots in the late 80's.

As for Cassie Clare, she's long overdue for this. She was legendary back in the day, and even people who weren't in the Harry Potter fandom back at its zenith (like me) knew of her name/reputation for one reason or another. And I'm twistedly happy she's still very much a lolcow and proof that even with a failed movie and a TV adaptation that sasses her, a leopard never changes its spots.

She also has some bad beef with a personal lolcow of mine, Aja Romano (who's probably better suited for her own Careercow thread, but she hasn't done anything exceptionally stupid in recent months), so I'm quite familiar with some of Cassie's pre-Mortal Instruments antics (most of which are already covered in this thread).

Last edited by a moderator:

Mellorine

kiwifarms.net
Literary lolcow Winterfox shows up in the Ferretbrain comments as "valse de la lune."

"It's the white expats living in Thailand that are the worst of all species of scum: racist, entitled, sexist, whiny. I have no idea why we give then long-term visas and if a political party promised to deport the whole fucking lot I'll vote for them with all my might, even if that same party also promises to club baby seals."

M

MW 002

kiwifarms.net
Literary lolcow Winterfox shows up in the Ferretbrain comments as "valse de la lune."

"It's the white expats living in Thailand that are the worst of all species of scum: racist, entitled, sexist, whiny. I have no idea why we give then long-term visas and if a political party promised to deport the whole fucking lot I'll vote for them with all my might, even if that same party also promises to club baby seals."
What a small fucking world we live in

Xerxes IX

Remove Kebab is a meme of peace
kiwifarms.net

Well, she killed them via criminal negligence. Proactive much?

C

Chelsea telegram

kiwifarms.net
i actually didn't think they were rubbish the first time i read them. Tbh, my friend was all obsessed with clockwork angel and in love with jem (even claiming they were married) so it was hard for me not to. This was like two months ago. I've read almost all of them (only not the codex and the other ones that aren't story) but I didn't realize how awful she was . I mean like i always hated both parts of clace, but I always liked at least 1 character. Simon, until he became awful and then sebastian. Lord of shadows killed it all. There was no longer any character i liked (other than max lightwood bane). Killing livvy? I mean wth was that about?? Unless she wants to integrate suicidals (ty) then she's just lost herself a lot of readers. What is up with all her political statements? I don't see why diana had to be transgender and isn't one bisexual character enough? Don't give the blackthorns more issues.
One thing bothers me TO NO END.
The whole "squared off nails" thing. Judith rumelt knows absolutely nothing about nails.
Lesson for life everybody:
Long nails can draw blood (knowledge from personal experience), squared off nails cannot.
And cabbage face needs to make up her mind: who was king davids parabatai? Saul or jonathan?*sigh*

Storyline nonsense aside, some of the music in the tv series is really good, I discovered Ruelle that way and absolutely love her! The show isn't great, but she's pretty amazing, hopefully it does wonders for her career.
Ya, if it weren't that i hate when things aren't canon (even if it's a bad canon) then i prob would like the tv show

Last edited by a moderator:

oasys

one-man polycule
kiwifarms.net
... Christ that's embarrassing.

Anyway, haven't been keeping up with whatever she's been bitching about on Twitter, but the Dark Hunters lawsuit is still going on and the trial is Sept next year.
Other than that, there was this shitty post with completely unconfirmed but entertaining infos:

CC and I have mutual friends, and one told me she bitches about the show ALL THE TIME because she "only" makes $1k per episode. Her movie rights initially sold for 1 million, but she conveniently forgets about that.

Back when the movie rights sold, whoever negotiated the contract fucked it up, and the clause was a shitload of money for the movie adaptation, but the studio would retain the rights to adapt it onto TV as well... When the movies tanked, and they adapted it to TV, she was left with a residual flat fee of 1k/ep.

For The Internet

Tits and ALL
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dang, that's so freaking rude. Like these are people who are creating a show based on your book and trying to get recognized for it, and in you go trying to hijack the conversation. Can Clare not survive without anybody talking about her and her books?

In contrast, look at how passionate the writers/creators are for the GOT series and how much they like working with GRR Martin, as opposed to how uninterested the writers are for ShadowHunters and with Clare.

I feel that Clare just thinks her books have changed the world and that she's as good as J K Rowling or even better. But her books are so-so and more people seem interested in the tv show because of how hot the actors are.
:late: Actually, the whole 'phasing out the author' thing that runs rampant with Cassandra can be observed with George and GoT too. They would take whole scenes directly out of the novels. George would write one episode per season, and was heavily involved in the promotion of the show. Then D&D began making changes that they thought 'improved' George's work. Gradually he became somewhat dissatisfied with the show as they departed more and more from the books and now he doesn't write for them at all and barely does any promotion work. I don't think he's being pushed out like Cassandra is, but rather he's not thrilled with how the show has progressed so he's stepping back. :late:

I do love them cropping her out of photographs, always thought that was bitchy as fuck and hilarious.

I've seen the movie. What the fuck is your friend on, @PolexiaAphrodisia?

Cripple

kiwi faggot enabler
kiwifarms.net
Oh god I remember CC from her HP days. I wondered how she would fare as a professional author and surprise, surprise she treats it like she's still a mod at Gryffindor Tower.

The plagarism suit is lulzy, but it seems like it's the same generic plot used by 80% of YA Fantasy nowadays, so good luck with that.

Broken Pussy

Kitten Enthusiast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
:late: Actually, the whole 'phasing out the author' thing that runs rampant with Cassandra can be observed with George and GoT too. They would take whole scenes directly out of the novels. George would write one episode per season, and was heavily involved in the promotion of the show. Then D&D began making changes that they thought 'improved' George's work. Gradually he became somewhat dissatisfied with the show as they departed more and more from the books and now he doesn't write for them at all and barely does any promotion work. I don't think he's being pushed out like Cassandra is, but rather he's not thrilled with how the show has progressed so he's stepping back. :late:

I do love them cropping her out of photographs, always thought that was bitchy as fuck and hilarious.

I've seen the movie. What the fuck is your friend on, @PolexiaAphrodisia?
Don't want to hijack the thread, but even though I feel similarly about a lot of the changes D&D have made, I feel like most of the problem is that they ran out of source material, which is a problem GRRM could easily remedy by writing the other goddamn books.