• "my parents for a while refused to see my transitioning as anything other than a manifestation of my autism."

Celebrity Cassandra Clare / Judith Rumelt43 year old Harry Potter incest fanfic writer, professional cyberbully

Discussion in 'Beauty Parlour' started by Pinkamena Diane Pie, Dec 10, 2015.

Forum Guidelines

The Beauty Parlour is for women or not-women in the sphere of cosplay and the beauty industry that is not strictly limited to lolcows.

• Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. Declaring a post powerleveling does not magically exempt you from this rule.
  • No thirst. No one cares if you want to have sex with someone. Reporting thirst posts to mods is encouraged.
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. Failtrolls will be ridiculed mercilessly.
  1. Tell that to "Raphael Santiago".

If you think about it, it's actually pretty racist. Like the white people are angels and everyone else is a demon. The black people literally chimp out in rage and turn into beasts. The mexicans suck the life out of people. leeching off them to feed themselves. Like damn Cassie that's progressive dude.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    oasys

oasys I eat 12 prunes a day

kiwifarms.net
  2. I watched the whole fuckin show on netflix. It's a laugh if you're drunk/stoned.

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    admiral

admiral I'm doing really well, thanks for asking
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. null coded an ai to make fun of fat people
    dearleader.png
    :dienull:

• Feels Feels x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    plautistic

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. The Jewish kid got turned into a vampire for a while in one or maybe more of the books. And Shadow Hunters literally kept him locked up in a cage with some element of Judaica to prevent his exit. Can't remember if it was Stars of David carved in the bars or maybe those weird scroll things Jewish people put in their doorways in little boxes, but whatever it was it was pretty fucking ridiculous.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Elwood P. Dowd

Elwood P. Dowd Here, let me give you one of my cards.

kiwifarms.net
  5. Meyers is one example, but IMHO the better example of this is the late Terry Pratchett. The Discworld series, overall, rarely got stale because he had a huge cast of characters within the world itself and even some one-shot characters here and there to play with genres, make social commentary, and generally tell a wide variety of stories. Not to mention all the spin-off material, namely more codex-y stuff and maps. But overall? The Discworld series had 41 books to its name by the time of Pterry's passing.

So I don't necessarily see anything wrong with a writer to play in their one sandbox if they want -better than shitting up pre-existing franchises like most of modern Marvel or fan fiction in general-, but Discworld is a good example of how to pull it off properly. Something Cassie should have taken notes on.

However, even he did non-Discworld stuff from time to time, too: the Johnny Maxwell series, the Nome Trilogy, the Long Earth series, and several one-shots in the late 80's.

As for Cassie Clare, she's long overdue for this. She was legendary back in the day, and even people who weren't in the Harry Potter fandom back at its zenith (like me) knew of her name/reputation for one reason or another. And I'm twistedly happy she's still very much a lolcow and proof that even with a failed movie and a TV adaptation that sasses her, a leopard never changes its spots.

She also has some bad beef with a personal lolcow of mine, Aja Romano (who's probably better suited for her own Careercow thread, but she hasn't done anything exceptionally stupid in recent months), so I'm quite familiar with some of Cassie's pre-Mortal Instruments antics (most of which are already covered in this thread).

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    #85 Debrotherized Luigi, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    Debrotherized Luigi

Debrotherized Luigi *Luigi wheeze*

kiwifarms.net
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  6. Literary lolcow Winterfox shows up in the Ferretbrain comments as "valse de la lune."

"It's the white expats living in Thailand that are the worst of all species of scum: racist, entitled, sexist, whiny. I have no idea why we give then long-term visas and if a political party promised to deport the whole fucking lot I'll vote for them with all my might, even if that same party also promises to club baby seals."

• Informative Informative x 7
    kiwifarms.net
  7. What a small fucking world we live in

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  8. Well, she killed them via criminal negligence. Proactive much?

Xerxes IX

Xerxes IX Even kebab cats will be removed

kiwifarms.net
  9. In recent news...

Shadowhunters Showrunner: We don't feel obligated to make this character become a cheater like in the books.
    Clam: REEEEEEEEE

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 3
    oasys

kiwifarms.net
  10. I tried reading the 1st book of the ShadowSluts-series once. It's literally rubbish. It's what I would call fantasy version of Harlequin books. The storyline doesn't make sense, the characters are just stereotypes & don't grow or evolve. Yawn.

On another note, good on the show runners. Cassie's flame is burning low.

• Agree Agree x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  11. Storyline nonsense aside, some of the music in the tv series is really good, I discovered Ruelle that way and absolutely love her! The show isn't great, but she's pretty amazing, hopefully it does wonders for her career.

kiwifarms.net
  12. i actually didn't think they were rubbish the first time i read them. Tbh, my friend was all obsessed with clockwork angel and in love with jem (even claiming they were married) so it was hard for me not to. This was like two months ago. I've read almost all of them (only not the codex and the other ones that aren't story) but I didn't realize how awful she was . I mean like i always hated both parts of clace, but I always liked at least 1 character. Simon, until he became awful and then sebastian. Lord of shadows killed it all. There was no longer any character i liked (other than max lightwood bane). Killing livvy? I mean wth was that about?? Unless she wants to integrate suicidals (ty) then she's just lost herself a lot of readers. What is up with all her political statements? I don't see why diana had to be transgender and isn't one bisexual character enough? Don't give the blackthorns more issues.
    One thing bothers me TO NO END.
    The whole "squared off nails" thing. Judith rumelt knows absolutely nothing about nails.
    Lesson for life everybody:
    Long nails can draw blood (knowledge from personal experience), squared off nails cannot.
    And cabbage face needs to make up her mind: who was king davids parabatai? Saul or jonathan?*sigh*

Ya, if it weren't that i hate when things aren't canon (even if it's a bad canon) then i prob would like the tv show

• Autistic Autistic x 8
    • Powerlevel Powerlevel x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    #93 Chelsea telegram, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2017
    kiwifarms.net
  13. ... Christ that's embarrassing.

Anyway, haven't been keeping up with whatever she's been bitching about on Twitter, but the Dark Hunters lawsuit is still going on and the trial is Sept next year.
    Other than that, there was this shitty post with completely unconfirmed but entertaining infos:

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    oasys

kiwifarms.net
  14. I watched the whole fuckin show on netflix

• Powerlevel Powerlevel x 3
    HouseTules

HouseTules Guest

kiwifarms.net
  15. A friend of mine told me he considered this movie to be one of the best he has ever seen. He's a film major. What the fuck

• Feels Feels x 5
    • Islamic Content Islamic Content x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    PolexiaAphrodisia

PolexiaAphrodisia Life just kills me. Do you have any pot?

kiwifarms.net
  16. That this vile heifer only gets $1000 flat fee per TV episode fills me with the warm, satisfied glow of schadenfreude.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Angry New Ager

Angry New Ager (22 Oct 2000 - 12 Dec 2013; still dead)

kiwifarms.net
  17. :late: Actually, the whole 'phasing out the author' thing that runs rampant with Cassandra can be observed with George and GoT too. They would take whole scenes directly out of the novels. George would write one episode per season, and was heavily involved in the promotion of the show. Then D&D began making changes that they thought 'improved' George's work. Gradually he became somewhat dissatisfied with the show as they departed more and more from the books and now he doesn't write for them at all and barely does any promotion work. I don't think he's being pushed out like Cassandra is, but rather he's not thrilled with how the show has progressed so he's stepping back. :late:

I do love them cropping her out of photographs, always thought that was bitchy as fuck and hilarious.

I've seen the movie. What the fuck is your friend on, @PolexiaAphrodisia?

• Like Like x 2
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    For The Internet

For The Internet Tits and ALL
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. Oh god I remember CC from her HP days. I wondered how she would fare as a professional author and surprise, surprise she treats it like she's still a mod at Gryffindor Tower.

The plagarism suit is lulzy, but it seems like it's the same generic plot used by 80% of YA Fantasy nowadays, so good luck with that.

• Agree Agree x 5
    Cripple

Cripple Wheelchair jockey

kiwifarms.net
  19. Don't want to hijack the thread, but even though I feel similarly about a lot of the changes D&D have made, I feel like most of the problem is that they ran out of source material, which is a problem GRRM could easily remedy by writing the other goddamn books.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Islamic Content Islamic Content x 1
    Broken Pussy

Broken Pussy Kitten Enthusiast
    Supervisor True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net