Casseroles - Easy & great for fall

Save Goober

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lately I've been making and experimenting with casseroles. I roughly follow this formula

1 cup main ingredient
1 cup second ingredient
1-2 cups starchy ingredient
1 1/2 cups binder
1/4 cup “goodie”
seasoning
topping

I made one with sweet potatos, ground beef, frozen spinach, bow tie pasta, and pumpkin soup, along with some cheddar on top and some bread crumbs. It came out really well! I baked the (cubed) sweet potatoes with some herbs while cooking the ground beef in a skillet and boiling the pasta to al dente. Then I layered the main ingredients and poured pumpkin soup over before topping with cheese and bread crumbs.

I also recently made tater tot casserole, totally a redneck dish and my sister's recipe but still very good. This was a big family style recipe. It involves about 1-2 lbs ground beef, 1 large can of cream of mushroom soup, 1-2lb bag of shredded cheese, 1 onion, and a big bag (2lb) of frozen tater tots. Also Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and seasoning for the beef. Here's a more official recipe if you want to make a smaller version; this one was for like, 8 people.
For this, I browned the beef and mixed in the chopped onions. Then I stirred in 1 tbsp Worcestershire, 1 tbsp ketchup, and a little garlic powder, salt, and whatever other seasonings I found that looked good. I tried to not overcook the beef since it goes in the oven later. After cooking and seasoning the beef and onions, I stirred in the cream of mushroom soup and poured about half of the beef, onion & soup mixture into the DEEP 9x13 dish.
Then, you layer it with frozen tater tots, just enough to cover the beef neatly, and then pour on some shredded cheddar. Then you do another layer of the beef mixture, then tots, then lots and lots of cheese. Some bread crumbs and seasoning on top if you want. Bake for about 40 minutes at ~350

Like I said, it's a total redneck recipe but it was a big hit. Some variations have extra veggies, this was just my version.

Casseroles are very easy to make and seem almost foolproof if you follow the basic guidelines. I make most of these when drunk and don't really follow the recipe that well if at all, and they still turn out delicious. What are your favorite casseroles?