Catherine: Full Body reported to be ‘adjusting’ its transphobia after backlash—but is it enough? -

• DDoS is active again.
A

AF 802

kiwifarms.net
gee, it's like most all trans people are deranged and don't actually want representation.

Snake of Diamond

Hiss...whatever
kiwifarms.net
I never see it as a culture or a movement so I called them a group. This group is all about self fulfulling prophecy through swallowing their own tail. Aggressively pushing against the very same thing they want to see more of so it's not even and uphill battle it's trying to walk up a wall. It's only "Problematic" when it doesn't meet the most pandering and generic ideas of this group of people who think they all have the same ideolgy but just group against anything they can't stand.

Cubanodun

D is for Doomposter
kiwifarms.net
Is not the game already out? how they are going to "adjust" the transphobia? they are going to issue a patch or something?

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
Is not the game already out? how they are going to "adjust" the transphobia? they are going to issue a patch or something?

They're going to "adjust" it in the American/Euro release, which does not have a release date of anything other than "2019".

The game (re)released in Japan on Feb 14, 2019 - but I don't think anyone in Japan cares about "trans representation" in quite the way that the American twitter crowd does, so they aren't going to adjust that version.

Z

ZB 584

kiwifarms.net
Another stink piece from Ana Valens. Might it soon be time to give this guy his own thread, with the amount of garbage he writes? Sad that one can find gainful employment producing this tripe. OT this is just another example of sjw reeing forcing a developer to change its creative vision.

Snake of Diamond

Hiss...whatever
kiwifarms.net
Another stink piece from Ana Valens. Might it soon be time to give this guy his own thread, with the amount of garbage he writes? Sad that one can find gainful employment producing this tripe. OT this is just another example of sjw reeing forcing a developer to change its creative vision.
I mean I don't think it's transphobia I literally don't see why these groups have to chase boogiemen in everything considering the whole crossdressing trap thing is just something is just a part of the game and japanese culture (I believe it's literally called Otokonko) there's nothing phobic or negative about it but because the character is trans and needs to be treated as a special snowflake by these people they see it as an overt issue. Reading through this I don't see a big issue as I've seen a lot of the content of the game and nothing sticks out as a dilberate strike against transgender people. It's another situation of going on complete red alert on something that is a minor problem.

UnclePhil

Concern dismissals all around.
kiwifarms.net
I'm so tired of this. Companies are not morally obligated to be nice to these people.

It's like the only reason they cater and bend over backwards for troons is because someone will be doxxed and possibly have their life ruined over it. Fear is the prime motivator for censoring and localizing, a problem that could be remedied by at least one person growing some goddamned backbone.

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Another stink piece from Ana Valens. Might it soon be time to give this guy his own thread, with the amount of garbage he writes?

This is something like the sixth article this year by this asshole that has gotten a thread here. I definitely think it's time he either gets assigned to the Tranny News Megathread or just gets his own, because his self-indulgent culture war bullshittery clearly hits a nerve enough to stand out amongst the lolcows.

sperginity

botched SRS enthusiast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ah yes, the righteous crusade of removing transphobia from a really misogynistic game! That's super important. This is like being angry that GTA has an AR15 or something and demanding that the gun be removed (from a game about violent crime). if they were principled at all they would be against the entire game existing because of its basic premise and story.

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nothing game developers could ever do will fill the void in the souls of the Social Media Outrage squad. They don't get happy endings because nothing they do works towards one.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nothing game developers could ever do will fill the void in the souls of the Social Media Outrage squad. They don't get happy endings because nothing they do works towards one.

All the translators agree with the censorship. Even Xseed is based in California.

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
All the translators agree with the censorship. Even Xseed is based in California.
XSeed still has that one boss that tells them to leave shit alone, though, I remember this because someone working at Treehouse who used to work at XSeed was talking about how problematic that boss was on NeoGAF before ResetERA. Once that boss is gone, though, then yeah it's gonna be a fucking mess. Then we only have PQube and they're already getting fucked in the ass constantly, poor bastards just want to fill a niche and everyone hates them for it.

NotoriousD

Russian Birthday Bot
kiwifarms.net
They're going to "adjust" it in the American/Euro release, which does not have a release date of anything other than "2019".

The game (re)released in Japan on Feb 14, 2019 - but I don't think anyone in Japan cares about "trans representation" in quite the way that the American twitter crowd does, so they aren't going to adjust that version.
This makes me wonder if the Japanese version will get some sort of unofficial translation, but doubtful. I can remain optimistic I suppose. There is the more recent PC port of the original Catherine though, so at least I have that.

A

AZ 594

kiwifarms.net
XSeed still has that one boss that tells them to leave shit alone, though, I remember this because someone working at Treehouse who used to work at XSeed was talking about how problematic that boss was on NeoGAF before ResetERA.
Tom Lipschultz? He left and made a statement saying he can't guarantee Xseed will continue working under his stance games should not be censored for overseas audiences.
https://archive.md/jEa2T

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tom Lipschultz? He left and made a statement saying he can't guarantee Xseed will continue working under his stance games should not be censored for overseas audiences.
https://archive.md/jEa2T
I see... This is terrible news...

sperginity

botched SRS enthusiast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
... Isn't it just about relationship drama or w.e?
its about a sleazy dude plagued by the decision of if he should bang a scantily clad nympho or stay with his uptight fiance. Both of them are way the fuck out of the guy's league, and they have no real personality outside of wanting to fuck or marry him. The puzzle part of the game is genuinely fun, and I don't take it that seriously. I am just surprised that they nit picked transphobia as why it is problematic when there is soooo much more that they could take issue with.