CBS Censors American Show (In America for Americans) to appease Communist Chinese - "it referenced several subjects that have been banned online in China"

Apoth42

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7vj79ENxAo

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/television/2019/05/09/cbs-censors-the-good-fight-cartoon-about-chinese-censorship.html

Canadian animator Steve Angel recognizes the irony that his cartoon about censorship was, itself, censored.

The co-owner of Toronto-based studio Head Gear Animation produces interstitial musical shorts for The Good Fight, a ripped-from-the-headlines legal drama on the U.S. streaming service CBS All Access.

Angel says he and Jonathan Coulton, an American who writes and performs the songs on which the cartoons are based, are typically given free rein to caricature the news of the day.
But on a recent episode of the show, a segment that referenced censorship in China was replaced with an eight-second placard reading, “CBS has censored this content.”

In a statement, CBS All Access said: “We had concerns with some subject matter in the episode’s animated short. This is the creative solution that we agreed upon with the producers.” A spokeswoman declined to comment further.
Angel says he couldn’t comment on the content in the segment, but The New Yorker reports it referenced several subjects that have been banned online in China.

Some viewers saw the message as satire, just part of the show’s irreverent approach to current events, Michelle King, one of the showrunners, said in an interview Tuesday.

Others, King said, took it as the producers had intended: literally.
The show, a spinoff of The Good Wife, often breaks from its plot for an animated musical short that digs into controversial political issues of the day with an explanatory style similar to Schoolhouse Rock! A theme of last Thursday’s episode was American companies that want to do business in China and the pressures they face to appease Chinese government censors. An animated short was created on that same theme.
But the short was pulled from the show at the request of CBS about two weeks before it was scheduled to stream, said King, who created the show with her husband, Robert King.
Jonathan Coulton? I haven't heard that name in a long time. I'm surprised that he's criticizing China instead of freaking out about Trump.

Regardless, just goes to show that America will be censored via the private sector.

Kinda sounds like a nice animation though - schoolhouse rock that shits on communism.

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7vj79ENxAo

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/television/2019/05/09/cbs-censors-the-good-fight-cartoon-about-chinese-censorship.html

Jonathan Coulton? I haven't heard that name in a long time. I'm surprised that he's criticizing China instead of freaking out about Trump.

Regardless, just goes to show that America will be censored via the private sector.

Kinda sounds like a nice animation though - schoolhouse rock that shits on communism.
I guess it's time to upload that episode on Bitchute, Dtube, etc.... uncensored as a big FY to CBS and China and Jonathan Coulton probably know then the elephant, I mean dragon, in the room isn't Trump.

Clop

kiwifarms.net
A theme of last Thursday’s episode was American companies that want to do business in China and the pressures they face to appease Chinese government censors. An animated short was created on that same theme.
Fuck this. I'm getting a lobotomy.

thismanlies

The Funnest Part of Gaming is Looting Corpses.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know how anime sites subtitle their shows for our audience? That's what the Chinese do for western TV shows. And even if CBS hadn't censored that show, most of the Han Chinese aren't going to give a fuck about how a few Muslims are treated.

Poiseon

I am literal poison.
kiwifarms.net
It's sad tv has fallen so far that the are censoring American content in favor of the Chinese audience. The only way they'll get ratings is through foreign nations that still watch tv, while America has almost entirely switched to streaming. Can't tv just fully die already?

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
It's sad tv has fallen so far that the are censoring American content in favor of the Chinese audience. The only way they'll get ratings is through foreign nations that still watch tv, while America has almost entirely switched to streaming. Can't tv just fully die already?
I guess they'll go in panic mode if foreign nations decide to go on the streaming bandwagon.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino