CEOs of Disney, Mastercard and Salesforce all resign within 24 hours -

A Cardboard Box

kiwifarms.net
Yes they're bugging out to survive the virus. Lmao. e118230732118e3f80b028f007657fdb-imagepng.png

No. The departures are normal and the stocks will rebound once production picks back up. The "supply chains" thing is part of it, Americans and Euros buy a lot of Chinese sourced products. The other, more serious part, is that American and Euro consumer confidence is way down. They simply aren't buying staple consumer goods because they are waiting to see what happens with the virus and economy.

Paradoxically, the media talking about consumer confidence and a potential recession scares consumers and may in fact cause a recession. Even if there is a recession, however, none of the institutional issues from 2008 are in play, so it would probably be a very mild one. Maybe 3 or 4 quarters.

heyilikeyourmom

a lunatic just barking at the moon
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yes they're bugging out to survive the virus.
Well the mortality rate does spike around the age where everything else has a good chance of killing you too, and I don’t think that’s any more “coincidental” than the timing of these announcements.

Dr. Troon

eatin' on some ass
kiwifarms.net
This is the source of the article BTW

Turner's viewpoints typically encompass Holocaust denial, conspiracy theory, white supremacy,[citation needed] and have included calls for assassination of government officials. In August 2010, he was convicted for making threats against three federal judges with the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, for which he spent two years in prison.
Hal Turner isn't even a good white supremacist. He's a snitch exceptional individual who let 4chan mess with him back in the day.

JustFuckinaDude

“You have no idea how hard I fuck wit Zebra Cakes”
kiwifarms.net
Paradoxically, the media talking about consumer confidence and a potential recession scares consumers and may in fact cause a recession. Even if there is a recession, however, none of the institutional issues from 2008 are in play, so it would probably be a very mild one. Maybe 3 or 4 quarters.
I'm not known for my economic intelligence, but does that mean that this is the time to buy ETFs/Bond futures (or whatever the hell they're called, my knowledge is limited to my Acorns account)? I can't see the need for the media to add fuel to the fire other than to make Trump look bad (which is admittedly a very real possibility), but either way the election goes down, the covid hype will die down, and everything will rebound?

A Cardboard Box

kiwifarms.net
I'm not known for my economic intelligence, but does that mean that this is the time to buy ETFs/Bond futures (or whatever the hell they're called, my knowledge is limited to my Acorns account)? I can't see the need for the media to add fuel to the fire other than to make Trump look bad (which is admittedly a very real possibility), but either way the election goes down, the covid hype will die down, and everything will rebound?
Yeah now is the time to move your liquid cash into low risk groups like bonds and emerging markets. However, HOWEVER, if your money is in the 3 main indexes right now, and you aren't just desperate for money, LEAVE IT THERE. The market will eventually rebound even if it takes a year or two to do. If you sell now you've bought high and sold low.

What I would recommend is make your current investments into easily accessible bonds and emerging markets and then as soon as the recovery begins, shift all that cash back into the key indexes and ride it back up. A case could be made to invest into precious metals but I'm just not that guy.

Shield Breaker

^_^
kiwifarms.net
Yes they're bugging out to survive the virus. Lmao. View attachment 1164122

No. The departures are normal and the stocks will rebound once production picks back up. The "supply chains" thing is part of it, Americans and Euros buy a lot of Chinese sourced products. The other, more serious part, is that American and Euro consumer confidence is way down. They simply aren't buying staple consumer goods because they are waiting to see what happens with the virus and economy.

They are also freaking out about Bernie.

Niggernerd

Cute sleep paralysis demon Fumika
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So a mouse, a one of Trump's Chosen People and another one of Trump's Chosen People walk into a bar.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Liber Pater

Liber Pater

Going Hard With The Hard "r's"
kiwifarms.net
Bob Iger announced he was stepping down a long time ago. That has nothing to do with the virus.

The Salesforce guy was sharing a CEO position with a guy who was getting paid more. He’s leaving because he can make more money elsewhere.

If California Senator Feinstein suddenly disappears I’d worry, but CEO departures happen constantly.
Why the Mastercard CEO? That is the part that seems a little odd. Given how hard payment processors would get hit if there is a major downturn in consumer spending due to pandemic and/or recession, it's possible that he may be deciding to cash out now.

Xarpho

Only looks like he's angry
kiwifarms.net
I think Iger's departure has nothing to do with future stocks (Disney, in general, tends to be immune to downturns) or coronavirus; rather, it's the beginning of a massive "restructuring" of the company, that will merge or shut down a lot of the former 21st Century Fox subsidiaries (plus some), and since CEO's names tend to be attached to the bad times of a company, it's his way of saving face.

In general, January/February (probably March at this rate too) is when companies usually clean house, shutting down unprofitable sites or doing layoffs.

Glad I couldn't help

Ohai!
kiwifarms.net
Only 2/3. This 'reporting' is barely more factual than what you'd see on ZeroHedge.
I would argue that the reporting is "factual", in that it describes events that have actually occured. The real problem is that it makes giant leaps in logic that don't work and can be argued against with a little background knowledge (e.g. Iger was going resigned month ago, he only stayed on the help push through the FOX acquisition).
Yes they're bugging out to survive the virus. Lmao. View attachment 1164122

The situtation a bit more serious than that. It's going take time for China to get back and running, probably the whole 1st Half of year is shot, asuming no other surprises come, corona-related or not. And there were issues with the world economy even before the whole coronavirus mess started, e.g. German, Italian and South Korean indicators weren't looking all that great.

The Shadow

What a time to be alive.
kiwifarms.net
I mean, the Iger thing was coming for a while, but the fact that they're about to release Mulan to a China that's probably in no mood to be in a crowded incubator for hours probably makes it seem like the ideal time to bail.

• Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
It's Hal Turner, my dude. He's notable as a crazy, loud, and very glowing WN. He's a confirmed FBI snitch/agent-provocateur. He is autistically notable for having had beef with "Anonymous" when it was relevant (well, as relevant as it ever was.) Here's his old ED article. He's a piece of Internet history and I'm surprised that he crawled back after the savaging he took, but I'm not surprised that he'd be into Q-shit, doomerism, and deranged eschatology. People will take anything from these types, like they do with the really hokey crooked televangelists. OP is either a faggot or trolling or both.
hal turner is one of the best news sources I listen to

I'm not saying he's good I'm saying he's the best at what he does, and what he does is being crazy not even alex jones has gone full q

Tags
None