Changes to Tags -

Null

Ooperator
Patriarch
kiwifarms.net
Our tagging system was useless so I've deleted all of them. Sorry.

I'm tempted to make the system include lolcow aliases and categorization too narrow to be thread titles.

I.E. For the Virgo Rogue thread, I've added Marissa Elienne as a tag to both. "Schizophrenic", "Homeless", "Trump's Chosen", etc are all things that would be candidates for tags.

"Pedophile" for people like Nick Bate would be an option as well, though with that specific tag I'm reluctant to include it because 1) I don't think anyone would ever want to find threads on just pedophiles, and 2) gaze ye not into the abyss and become like Sammy by calling everyone you don't like or who you think is icky a pedohpile.

Discuss.

patchwork

But you're always eating donuts!
kiwifarms.net
now i can't shitpost in the tags? i hate this hell site

Having the broader (and real) categories is better for searching, having tags so I can read about cows I'd actually hold an interest in would be great. Pedo tag could be useful but I'd honestly only use it to avoid those threads because reading about pedos getting away with their shit makes me livid.

Null

Ooperator
Patriarch
kiwifarms.net
I thought that was how the tags already worked, just that people constantly put funny quips in them as well, making it very bloated. What was the problem?
No, actually, tags are supposed to group content together similarly to thread prefixes but in a many-to-many way. Thread prefixes are one-to-many. One prefix has many threads, and each thread has at most one prefix. A tag is something more broad. A tag may have many threads, but each thread may have many tags.