Channel Awesome / TGWTG general (& ex-contributors) - Dying Gay Review Website

• Sorry about the recent downtime. The database server is being autistic. The beatings will continue.

What's the solution to the Crossover posting problem?

• Shut down this thread & focus on posting about this shitstorm in the lolcow thread

Votes: 35 24.1%
  • Rebrand thread & post/discuss content from the now former producers

Votes: 110 75.9%

• Total voters
N

NQ 952

kiwifarms.net
What is Channel Awesome / TGWTG ?

Channel Awesome, Inc. is an online media production company based in Lombard, Illinois. The company was created in 2008 by Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, and Bhargav Dronamraju. Channel Awesome operated the That Guy with the Glasses website (often shortened to TGWTG) until late 2014, when it was replaced by the current Channel Awesome website.

That Guy With The Glasses previously hosted fellow channels by Bar Fiesta beginning in November 2009, Blistered Thumbs beginning in November 2010. As of May 2015, Channel Awesome currently hosts a YouTube channel of the same name with an emphasis on the Walker Brothers' content, as well as the YouTube channel League of Super Critics that includes several of the site's other top producers. All of Channel Awesome's content is hosted by Blip or YouTube.

Channel Awesome, formerly known as That Guy With the Glasses, is the pop culture reviewing site network, featuring over 50 critics, sketch comedians, and riffers since June 4, 2008. Occasionally and early on they did Anniversary Specials with the big names. It is divided into Blistered Thumbs, Inked Reality, Team TGWTG, and formely Barfiesta.From November 2010 to January 2014, they operated a spinoff site Blistered Thumbs, which featured gaming-centric videos and articles; after that sites closure, its contributors were moved to the main site. There were plans at one point to spin off Channel Awesome's comics and anime reviewers into a new site called Inked Reality as well, but those plans never went through. In addition a third video reviewing site named Barfiesta, which focused on Chicago nightlife and was run by Rob Walker and restaurant critic Laura Lopez, was operational for a few months in late 2009 before shutting down.

Relevant links :
Their main website
Their Youtube page
Wikipedia entry
TvTropes

Top Threads on members :
MarzGurl
Spoony
Nostalgia Chick
Linkara
JesuOtaku

We got a fuck-ton of other threads here, boys

Last edited by a moderator:

AngeloTheWizard

Bringer of amusing Let's Sperg threads
kiwifarms.net
Let's see, the people who left TGWTG and became normal..

@LordKaT was always a regular, contributing member of society, and went off to do cool things because, well, he's stated he likes to do cool things with programming and tech. So he went and did that, and continues to do that if the GeekStreak channel is any indication.

Haven't heard much from Phelous or Lupa, but I assume they're doing alright.

Benzaie went on to become a pop culture icon in France from what I understand, so he moved on to bigger and better things.

breadandcircuses

The Mysterious Senor Hilter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Phelan and Lupa still do reviews. I actually enjoy the reviews they do because they don't do... annoying skits. Phelan has bits during his review, but they don't take away from the review, I think. Unless it's the Bootleg Zone where he just plays with his toys doing silly voices for the last 10 minutes, but whatever. It's fun. I also like Lupa's Baywatch review series (which also has funny bits that I enjoy), but I would rather her 'main show' go pack to Obscurus Lupa Presents instead of Movie Nights. Oh well.

Oh, yeah. As for JesuOtaku, fuck JO for what she did to Nash. It wasn't enough to cheat on the guy, she had to steal his house!

Darwin Watterson

Custom titles are for nerds
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
it's come to light that ThatChickWithTheGoggles was also a literal stripper and camgirl who went so explicit that she outright sold anal-focused shoots and videos
Damn, I'm way behind in my TGWTG tard watching. When did this come out?

Last edited by a moderator: