Channel Awesome / TGWTG general (& ex-contributors) - Dying Gay Review Website

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.

What's the solution to the Crossover posting problem?

• Shut down this thread & focus on posting about this shitstorm in the lolcow thread

Votes: 27 21.3%
  • Rebrand thread & post/discuss content from the now former producers

Votes: 100 78.7%

• Total voters
N

NQ 952

kiwifarms.net
@LordKaT
Would it be appropriate to update the OP to include links to other TGWTG threads, too?
Or would this link work, too?

Anyways, some of the Kiwis here might be aware of the Weeb Wars occurring right now and the involvement of several Channel Awesome alumni in perhaps the best/worst crossover in 2019. For those who have no idea, here is a link to the main thread, I encourage anyone interested to read the first page:

The Belligerents from formerly of Channel Awesome (some might be familiar, others not so much) :
1) Kaylyn @MarzGurl Saucedo
  • TGWTG/Channel Awesome from 2008 to 2018.
  • Originated the #kickvic campaign against voice actor Vic Mignogna, currently asking for assistance to dox ComicsGate YouTuber Yellow Flash for his "Monetize MarzGurl" stream (basically people submit MarzGurl memes and they are featured on the stream. The submitter of the best one gets a cut of Yellow Flash's super chat total. Yellow Flash previously did two centered around a certain blue orca).
*Linkara and Spoony have rushed to white knight MarzGurl recently, especially Linkara.

2) Beth Elderkin
- Hosted a show called Shark Jumping, which got picked up by Channel Awesome:
  • Channel Awesome member from 2014 to 2017.
  • Current writer for i09, a subdivision of Gizmodo (formerly of Gawker) and wrote this infamous article about Vic Mignogna:
- Might be in trouble with Mignogna's lawyer, Ty Beard:

3) Hope/Jacob Chapman aka JesuOtaku
  • TGWTG/Channel Awesome from 2009 to 2014.
  • Might be involved due to Chapman's position in Anime News Network.
  • Chapman has thrown support to MarzGurl
  • ANN published a now infamous article about Mignogna:
Chapman stands by it:
https://twitter.com/itsbonedaddy/status/1091846754356551680
- Chapman's now ex, Zac Bertschy, hosted a podcast with Justin Sevakis that featured Mignogna on August 29, 2013:
Their bias against him could not be more apparent 45 minutes into the podcast.
- Additionally, MarzGurl contributes to the site and is active on the forums.

4) Iron Liz
  • Channel Awesome from 2010 to 2013. Hosted The Foundry and guest starred Atop the Fourth Wall with Linkara.
  • Recently appeared on Nick Rekieta's stream to answer questions about Channel Awesome and to roast MarzGurl (and JewWario):

5) Micah Curtis
  • Contributer and Reviewer from Blistered Thumbs, a part of Channel Awesome, from 2010 to 2012.
  • Currently contributes to Bleeding Fool
  • Made a video about the Weeb Wars early on:
- Has since shown support for Vic Mignogna and appeared as a guest on YouTuber Hero Hei's stream:
  • As evident, he appeared in Rekieta's Stream about MarzGurl.
  • Has shown support for Yellow Flash (and ThatUmbrellaGuy, another ComicsGate/Weeb Wars YouTuber):
I'm in the middle of a release cycle at work, so I don't have a lot of time to update this, but I'll get something updated tomorrow. There's a fuckton of CA threads now.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Last edited:

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
Linkara's audio drama:

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll give them credit: It's almost mature that they realised from personal experience that trying to make an actual film would have been a very bad and very expensive idea as opposed to an audio drama.

But I do find it vaguely depressing that they seem to have finally gotten over the moronic overambition that characterised TGWTG's glory days and the legendarily disastrous production of the anniversary films.

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
I'll give them credit: It's almost mature that they realised from personal experience that trying to make an actual film would have been a very bad and very expensive idea as opposed to an audio drama.

But I do find it vaguely depressing that they seem to have finally gotten over the moronic overambition that characterised TGWTG's glory days and the legendarily disastrous production of the anniversary films.
Funny you mention that, because ERod wrote about the two projects: https://archive.li/WHVCC

Devilish Jack o Lantern

z-list super villan .
kiwifarms.net
Ex-contributors band together for some audio drama, in case anyone cares:
And Linkara's explanation : Tumblr FAQ
A0C702E2-4A01-44C6-996A-0C8AD65F15BC.png

God outside of welshy and maybe lotus prince this cast looks like the most insufferable mess ever. How did they get welshy to even agree to this , I tought he retired from the whole CA/reviewer mess back around when the TGWT site freaking died .
Oh wow I forgot that Yomarz, Existed .

N

NQ 952

kiwifarms.net