Channel Awesome / TGWTG general (& ex-contributors) - Dying Gay Review Website

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.

What's the solution to the Crossover posting problem?

• Shut down this thread & focus on posting about this shitstorm in the lolcow thread

Votes: 27 21.3%
  • Rebrand thread & post/discuss content from the now former producers

Votes: 100 78.7%

• Total voters

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Whatever happened to the French guy? His name escapes me, but he was really involved early on.
Benzaie. He exclusively makes French language content now, is one of the largest French Youtubers and hasn't been associated with CA for many years. He supported CTC and said the management treated him like shit during his time there.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Benzaie. He exclusively makes French language content now, is one of the largest French Youtubers and hasn't been associated with CA for many years. He supported CTC and said the management treated him like shit during his time there.
Didn't he have his own TV show in France at one point too?

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And he made a few movies and dabbled in journalism. If I'm not mistaken, getting burned by Michaud and the Walkers was the primary reason he stopped making English speaking content because he felt it was better to grow a niche than struggle for attention in the oversaturated English speaking market he was obligated to service in TGWTG.

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
As a fan at the time (blegh) the perception was always that this was a group of genuine friends who were all rising through the ranks of internet stardom together. Doug didn't just provide exposure, it was also about him having a cast of people he could go to whenever he made a production. Suburban Knights and Kickassia were written specifically to emphasize the friendship angle, and that's why To Boldly Flee was so terribly received (that's when I said fuck this), because it ended that dynamic and replaced it with an awful new series that didn't even feature the Channel Awesome crew, aside from Brad. They (we) wanted Doug to treat them like a permanent asset, and their fans didn't want Doug to basically ditch them, just because he wanted a tighter, more professional crew that lived closer to his studio. How little Doug cared for them is a point expressed in the #CTC doc, and it's how Doug didn't even tell them the Nostalgia Critic was being killed off in To Boldly Flee.
In hindsight, the majority of Channel Awesome were ticking timebombs that would have exploded in Doug's face anyways had he NOT gotten rid of them, but good luck convincing them of that.
And he made a few movies and dabbled in journalism. If I'm not mistaken, getting burned by Michaud and the Walkers was the primary reason he stopped making English speaking content because he felt it was better to grow a niche than struggle for attention in the oversaturated English speaking market he was obligated to service in TGWTG.
So he had more success after Channel Awesome told him to get fucked? I’m actually surprised #ChangeTheChannel didn’t use him and his success as part of their unspoken crusade to take down Doug Walker.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So he had more success after Channel Awesome told him to get fucked? I’m actually surprised #ChangeTheChannel didn’t use him and his success as part of their unspoken crusade to take down Doug Walker.
He's Fronch and CtC only give a fuck about English speaking reviewers.

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't think he wanted anything to do with them anymore and his switch to French language content was a heavy signal that was the case, which they received.

Lindsay Ellis was a more relevant figurehead for CTC anyway because she'd also seen success after breaking away from CA.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He reviewed .hack
The title "Origins of Isekai" makes me twitch a little since isekai has been a thing before .hack came out, but if he had put in "modern isekai" instead, then I can see it. But I haven't watched the review yet to see if that's ever brought up since I make that effort to watch the anime first before the review comes out--but the first four episodes of .hack//Sign are so boring holy shit that I haven't watched more. How did this get popular? Does it really rely heavily on knowledge of the games for full immersion?

About fucking time he looked at Crying Freeman, though. That could've been a two-parter review back in the day.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sage update, there was a reason he had been traveling and why there were few updates lately: His fiancé's Italian, and he's going to be in Italy for the next few months to have his wedding. He also had been in Japan filming footage for an Anime Abandon episode for next year. Sounds like 2019 was a busy time for him.

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tbh of all the TGWTG contributors, Sage has put in the most effort to better his personal life, and this a big step for him. Honestly am happy for him.
Sage update, there was a reason he had been traveling and why there were few updates lately: His fiancé's Italian, and he's going to be in Italy for the next few months to have his wedding. He also had been in Japan filming footage for an Anime Abandon episode for next year. Sounds like 2019 was a busy time for him.

Die, Sage, die.

• Islamic Content
Reactions: ChevroletBlackboard

Flexo

Can i get "kill all humans" on random.txt?
kiwifarms.net

Wait, sage is getting married? To a human? Not a body pillow?

What kind of weeb is he?‽ Ugh! Unsub!!!

(eh, seriously man, congrats)