Channel Awesome / TGWTG general (& ex-contributors) - Dying Gay Review Website

What's the solution to the Crossover posting problem?

• Shut down this thread & focus on posting about this shitstorm in the lolcow thread

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Rebrand thread & post/discuss content from the now former producers

Votes: 103 76.9%

• Total voters

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
I find it hard to believe I spent a shit load of time on the TGWTG website compared to YouTube when it was great.
To be fair, Youtube was filled with lots of dreck in the early days, AVGN wannabees with webcam video darker than Zoe Quinn's heart. So it's not surprising that you'd turn to a reasonably funny (at the time) entertainment hub for your fix. It's nothing to be ashamed of. If you spent all your time there NOW, well......

c-no

Duck
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To be fair, Youtube was filled with lots of dreck in the early days, AVGN wannabees with webcam video darker than Zoe Quinn's heart. So it's not surprising that you'd turn to a reasonably funny (at the time) entertainment hub for your fix. It's nothing to be ashamed of. If you spent all your time there NOW, well......
All sorts wannabees that never realized what made AVGN good besides just shouting a bunch of words strung together. That said in regards to TGWTG
I find it hard to believe I spent a shit load of time on the TGWTG website compared to YouTube when it was great.
TGWTG had people using cameras that at the very least weren't potato quality with some editing thrown in. That and the likes of Doug Walker at least would fill in for some sort of fix in having a guy be an angry reviewer along with whatever else TGWTG had to offer in reviewers.

Vapewizard

kiwifarms.net
Yeah I also spent a lot of time as a teen watching TGWTG stuff. I don't remember exactly how long I stuck around or when I stopped, but I know I was there from the time kickassia came out and I also experienced To boldly flee and the resulting trainwreck that was Demo reel. In hindsight I think I still would've had fun today watching Benzaie cause from what I remember he didn't seem to have delusions of grandeur like Doug or Linkara and instead he just had fun laughing at hentai games and such. Though last time I checked on him it seems like his content has gone full french and my french proficiency is still at middle school french class level.

• Feels
Reactions: Flexo

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll go out and say: Some of Doug's older stuff was entertaining back in the day. But it aged more poorly than tard cum and the drama revolving around TGWTG and CA certainly didn't help, either. I think if I watched some of his very first reviews, it might still be decent to watch, the stuff that he had a personal connection to, stuff that he watched in his childhood. The shrieking potty mouth humor would be a turnoff, but at least Doug was somewhat sincere in a sense, when talking about this stuff - but maybe that would just be Nostalgia...

• Agree
Reactions: AveraDiane

TheImportantFart

The Farter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Some of Doug's older stuff was entertaining back in the day.
I still find his Batman & Robin review really funny to this day. It was back before he started trying way too hard, and there are some genuinely good jokes. It’s also mercifully short.

Of course, he thinks it’s overrated and not up to snuff with his later work. It only got an honourable mention in his top 10 Nostalgia Critic episodes video because so many people asked for it to be included.

KillThemCrackasBabies

kiwifarms.net
I'll go out and say: Some of Doug's older stuff was entertaining back in the day. But it aged more poorly than tard cum and the drama revolving around TGWTG and CA certainly didn't help, either. I think if I watched some of his very first reviews, it might still be decent to watch, the stuff that he had a personal connection to, stuff that he watched in his childhood. The shrieking potty mouth humor would be a turnoff, but at least Doug was somewhat sincere in a sense, when talking about this stuff - but maybe that would just be Nostalgia...
His old stuff was fine because "The Critic" was the presenter and the media was the presentation. Later videos were "The Critic" as the attraction and the media being a vehicle for him to deliver increasingly shitty, sometimes not even related jokes.

Michael Jacks0n

You know I'm bad, I'm bad.
kiwifarms.net
His old stuff was fine because "The Critic" was the presenter and the media was the presentation. Later videos were "The Critic" as the attraction and the media being a vehicle for him to deliver increasingly shitty, sometimes not even related jokes.
Yeah, I honestly just liked the really old school NC videos with just him in front of a white background. I eventually found myself ragequitting from later episodes in the 2013 era or so when the episodes were like 30 minutes+ and had completely dumb sketches. I forget which episode it was...probably Maximum Overdrive (or some other Stephen King movie)...where it starts off with this insanely faggoty sketch of that black guy Malcolm playing the role of Satan, and he sends his annoying daughter to the Nostalgia Critic to be his co-host for that episode. I cringed at every minute of that video.

• Feels
Reactions: RomanesEuntDomus