Channel Awesome / TGWTG general (& ex-contributors) - Dying Gay Review Website

What's the solution to the Crossover posting problem?

• Shut down this thread & focus on posting about this shitstorm in the lolcow thread

Votes: 42 23.0%
  • Rebrand thread & post/discuss content from the now former producers

Votes: 141 77.0%

• Total voters

Arthur Morgan

kiwifarms.net
So it seems that CA handled it the best way they could, even it if wasn't the "based" way. And honestly, I still think the Jew Wario fallout saved CA from being given the boot and the notice to close down.
I think they would have been able to get out of it even if they hadn't pulled out the JW thing. They were perfectly content to give one response and then ignore it from then on, which they did, and it didn't really hurt them in the long run. The only reason it's still being talked about is because Lewis, Allison, and all the rest cannot let it go because they have nothing else to their names.

Michael Jacks0n

You know I'm bad, I'm bad.
kiwifarms.net
I could have sworn there was a preexisting thread about Todd in the Shadows and how he was a quasi-lolcow, but anyway, I just watched one of his more recent videos and cringed hard at the end. I know fully well he's a spastic neoliberal who makes really half-assed jabs in his music reviews, but his video about Meredith Brooks' "Bitch" took an odd turn at the end:

During most of the video, he's lukewarm about the song and admits he doesn't really like it, and basically calls it a knock-off Alanis Morrissette. Then at the end when he does a "where are they now?" kinda thing, he points out that in recent years Meredith Brooks insulted Hillary on Twitter and defended Trump, to which Todd says is inappropriate, and made him lose all respect for her. Then he urges people not to look up Meredith Brooks on social media, because I'm assuming she tweets pro-Trump, anti-libtard stuff which rustled Todd's jimmies. He was basically like, "Ugh, I didn't really like her as a singer before, but after reading her tweets I actually hate her now. Yikes."

KillThemCrackasBabies

kiwifarms.net
I could have sworn there was a preexisting thread about Todd in the Shadows and how he was a quasi-lolcow, but anyway, I just watched one of his more recent videos and cringed hard at the end. I know fully well he's a spastic neoliberal who makes really half-assed jabs in his music reviews, but his video about Meredith Brooks' "Bitch" took an odd turn at the end:

During most of the video, he's lukewarm about the song and admits he doesn't really like it, and basically calls it a knock-off Alanis Morrissette. Then at the end when he does a "where are they now?" kinda thing, he points out that in recent years Meredith Brooks insulted Hillary on Twitter and defended Trump, to which Todd says is inappropriate, and made him lose all respect for her. Then he urges people not to look up Meredith Brooks on social media, because I'm assuming she tweets pro-Trump, anti-libtard stuff which rustled Todd's jimmies. He was basically like, "Ugh, I didn't really like her as a singer before, but after reading her tweets I actually hate her now. Yikes."
Just checked her Twitter, thinking she was into some hardcode 'pede shit. It's barely as bad as some Midwestern Mom's political opinions. She's clearly a Repub but her politisperging is minimal and politics in general is maybe every tenth or so tweet, hardly an obsession.

Her wording on this one made me lol hard though.
lel.PNG

Last edited:

Michael Jacks0n

kiwifarms.net
Jest checked her Twitter, thinking she was into some hardcode 'pede shit. It's barely as bad as some Midwestern Mom's political opinions. She's clearly a Repub but her politisperging is minimal and politics in general is maybe every tenth or so tweet, hardly an obsession.

Her wording on this one made me lol hard though.
View attachment 2315224
I was actually initially avoiding seeing Todd's video about "Bitch" because I assumed Todd's feminist beliefs would sperg out and he would claim the song is an unironic feminist anthem (again, I said "unironic" because he jokingly makes feminist references in the video), but I honestly assumed the end would have him pointing out that Meredith Brooks is now an unapologetic feminist and Hillary supporter -- but holy shit, I was blindsided at the end. Not just because Meredith is surprisingly conservative, but how Todd tried to make it seem like a bad thing that she had the audacity to insult Hillary.

The Great Citracett

Black by popular demand!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

His most recent one was Face Down by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, during which he discovered they're a Christian band (or I'd say more like a band that's made up of Christians) and spends half of the video just shit-talking Christians as much as he can instead of anything remotely interesting or relevant about the band or music.

I know he had a thread here but I can't seem to find it. Maybe it was in the music board somewhere, I remember it had a tagline like "you can't see his face, but you can hear his opinions" or similar.

Last edited:

Oats12345

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I figure seeing this post. That it was going to be him complaining how Meredith Brooks surpporting orange man and insulted queen Hillary. Honeslty as someone who's been on her Twitter account. She seems like a cool lady. Todd just can't Handel Redpilled and based women.
His most recent one was Face Down by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, during which he discovered they're a Christian band (or I'd say more like a band that's made up of Christians) and spends half of the video just shit-talking Christians as much as he can instead of anything remotely interesting or relevant about the band or music.

I know he had a thread here but I can't seem to find it. Maybe it was in the music board somewhere, I remember it had a tagline like "you can't see his face, but you can hear his opinions" or similar.
Wow what an asshole. So he's like Movie Bob.

Also my favorite bands have been christian bands. Like when I first heard of them I didn't know they were christian rock bands until looking them up. Like Skillet or Red. Skillet is awsome so screw Todd.

The Great Citracett

Black by popular demand!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A lot of his older stuff was okay when he was better at keeping his shitty personal politics out of everything. Not a fan of pop music so I've only ever watched the OHW and Trainwreckords videos. Maybe he's been worse elsewhere for longer.

The one I really started noticing it with was when his Rick Derringer video came out and in the part about the artist in the current day, he described Derringer as having taken a very dark turn or something like that. Made it sound like maybe he'd raped or murdered someone.

Turned out he had become a born-again Christian. Also he once did a guest spot on Alex Jones' show and is conservative. Which made Todd remark "Ughhh, guess you DON'T fight for the rights of every man after all" (Derringer did Hulk Hogan's Real American song).

Last edited:

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
So it seems that CA handled it the best way they could, even it if wasn't the "based" way. And honestly, I still think the Jew Wario fallout saved CA from being given the boot and the notice to close down.
I don't really know how CA could have done anything else. Going on a public statement about the subject is a good way to be sued for defamation. Their only option was the remove the guy from the site and tell the person who had allegations to contact the police.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
I could have sworn there was a preexisting thread about Todd in the Shadows

Yeah, I made the Todd thread. I deleted it because I realized I didn't have enough interest in Todd and his output to make it worth having (and there's the Sarah Nyberg shit and his GamerGate output, but I'm not invested enough into him to dive in the archives and get those just to put in the IP. Also, the thing about Todd is that there's thing weird thing where I'm not sure if the threadworthy shit is Todd's videos or Todd himself. But if people want to make a Todd thread, have at it.

Anyway, he made another video.

Michael Jacks0n

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I made the Todd thread. I deleted it because I realized I didn't have enough interest in Todd and his output to make it worth having (and there's the Sarah Nyberg shit and his GamerGate output, but I'm not invested enough into him to dive in the archives and get those just to put in the IP. Also, the thing about Todd is that there's thing weird thing where I'm not sure if the threadworthy shit is Todd's videos or Todd himself. But if people want to make a Todd thread, have at it.

Anyway, he made another video.
I've noticed his newer videos have been very lacking, and I'd even go as far as to disagree with most of what he says -- including his music opinions. A few months ago he made a video trashing an album by the Human League, and said it was awful derivative. I'm no fan of the Human League, but in my opinion the songs from that album were mediocre at worst...it honestly just sounded like a generic 80's pop album, BUT, not something jarring or what I'd consider ear rape. Hell, I'd even go as far as to say that the worst music of the 80's is still objectively better than the best music of current year. Find me any current Top 40 pop song from some annoying harpy like Taylor Swift, Cardi B or Beyonce -- and compare it side-by-side to some song from the 80's that was universally trashed by critics back then and I guarantee you I'll pick the 80's song hands-down.

Again, I'm not saying all older music is good (because there was a lot of terrible shit in the 80's like Madonna) -- but in my solid opinion, what was considered bad, lame, unimaginative, and bland 30 years ago still sounds way better than what's considered good now. Here's another one that I disagree with Todd with: "Living in a Box". He says it's bland and derivative, and mocks their follow-up hit as being lame and mediocre too. Quite frankly, the song is pretty decent (nothing special), and their follow-up is okay. I mean, it just sounds like soundtrack filler. But if given the choice of being forced to listen to 80's music that Todd considers "bad" or modern music that's #1 on the charts -- for 24 hours straight -- no contest, I'd choose the former over the latter without question. Living in a Box or Human League's Crash sure as hell aren't Van Halen or Led Zeppelin, but they're just bland enough to not damage my eardrums unlike Taylor Swift's shrieking, jarring voice...nor will it cause me to lose I.Q. points like hearing "WAP".

Last edited:

Oats12345

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A lot of his older stuff was okay when he was better at keeping his shitty personal politics out of everything. Not a fan of pop music so I've only ever watched the OHW and Trainwreckords videos. Maybe he's been worse elsewhere for longer.

The one I really started noticing it with was when his Rick Derringer video came out and in the part about the artist in the current day, he described Derringer as having taken a very dark turn or something like that. Made it sound like maybe he'd raped or murdered someone.

Turned out he had become a born-again Christian. Also he once did a guest spot on Alex Jones' show and is conservative. Which made Todd remark "Ughhh, guess you DON'T fight for the rights of every man after all" (Derringer did Hulk Hogan's Real American song).
I swear when lefties find out a celebrity isn't one of them. They make it sound like they did some fuck up shit when describing them. When it's simple as "They found God and appeared on Fox News"

KillThemCrackasBabies

kiwifarms.net
I've noticed his newer videos have been very lacking, and I'd even go as far as to disagree with most of what he says -- including his music opinions. A few months ago he made a video trashing an album by the Human League, and said it was awful derivative. I'm no fan of the Human League, but in my opinion the songs from that album were mediocre at worst...it honestly just sounded like a generic 80's pop album, BUT, not something jarring or what I'd consider ear rape. Hell, I'd even go as far as to say that the worst music of the 80's is still objectively better than the best music of current year. Find me any current Top 40 pop song from some annoying harpy like Taylor Swift, Cardi B or Beyonce -- and compare it side-by-side to some song from the 80's that was universally trashed by critics back then and I guarantee you I'll pick the 80's song hands-down.

Again, I'm not saying all older music is good (because there was a lot of terrible shit in the 80's like Madonna) -- but in my solid opinion, what was considered bad, lame, unimaginative, and bland 30 years ago still sounds way better than what's considered good now. Here's another one that I disagree with Todd with: "Living in a Box". He says it's bland and derivative, and mocks their follow-up hit as being lame and mediocre too. Quite frankly, the song is pretty decent (nothing special), and their follow-up is okay. I mean, it just sounds like soundtrack filler. But if given the choice of being forced to listen to 80's music that Todd considers "bad" or modern music that's #1 on the charts -- for 24 hours straight -- no contest, I'd choose the former over the latter without question. Living in a Box or Human League's Crash sure as hell aren't Van Halen or Led Zeppelin, but they're just bland enough to not damage my eardrums unlike Taylor Swift's shrieking, jarring voice...nor will it cause me to lose I.Q. points like hearing "WAP".
Breadtubers in general are quite terrible critics, when you really sit down and watch them. Dan Olsen and HBomberguy have a habit of rewording one idea three or four times to make it look like additional thoughts when it's just one repeated over and over. Lindsey Ellis isn't that much better, either. For all the shit they give Doug and his "I'll just talk up a synopsis of what happened and that's a review" content, they really do the exact same shit as far as giving the absolute most surface level "takedown" of whatever they're looking at and trying to pass it off as though it's a serious analysis.

Vyse Inglebard

Draw your blade, 2022!
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, any response to CTC (and Twitter Mobs in general) would end badly, because once you respond to impassioned criticism (regardless of if they're correct or not), you basically have acknowledged that their argument is a potential threat and just serves to embolden the mob more. Unless it's over something seriously like rape (and even then I'll say that's a case by case basis), it's just better to just ignore it and let the mob rage themselves into oblivion.
See: JonTron. And dude only cited true statistics about black people and crime, which to the Twitterati is anathema of course. Jon ignored the Twitter mob and look where he is now:
jontron latest vid.JPG

3 million views on a video that's not even a week old. And his last two videos in the past month pulled in similar numbers. Dude's doing good.

Zoomer here, and I completely, 100% agree. There seemed to be more variety in the 80s and 90s than there is now. And it isn't just pop, either. Back in high school, a group of acquaintances and I discussed our favorite rappers. Most of the others said shit like Meek Mill, Juice Wrld, Eminem, 6ix9ine (UGGGGGGH), etc. When I said Guru, Big L (who did the whole lyrical wordplay thing before Eminem), EPMD, Atmosphere, Aceyalone, and of course, Tupac and Biggie, all I got were blank stares and queries of "literally who?". That's when I knew rap was completely and utterly fucked.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net

So basically he's admitting that masks and vaccines don't mean dick.

That and he takes the scareposting seriously.
Whatever you say about masks and vaccines, I think the bigger issue is that he needs somebody to say it’s okay to go back out instead of just taking the chance to go out and enjoy things, even with the inconvenience of something like a mask.
Zoomer here, and I completely, 100% agree. There seemed to be more variety in the 80s and 90s than there is now. And it isn't just pop, either. Back in high school, a group of acquaintances and I discussed our favorite rappers. Most of the others said shit like Meek Mill, Juice Wrld, Eminem, 6ix9ine (UGGGGGGH), etc. When I said Guru, Big L (who did the whole lyrical wordplay thing before Eminem), EPMD, Atmosphere, Aceyalone, and of course, Tupac and Biggie, all I got were blank stares and queries of "literally who?". That's when I knew rap was completely and utterly fucked.

Funny, A Dose of Buckley (who does Musical Autopsy and sometimes covers the same things Todd of along with doing a “worst of the year” video) talked about old vs new.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Jesus Buck, a big film that holds a lot of Internet interest is released in the UK first, ideal for a Projector to get decent views (or at least a headstart on the majority of bigger channels) and you throw that opportunity away too because of an overhyped flu.

I'm starting to think he WANTS Projector to fail.