• "I have a tendency to report the more sensational things that The Kiwi Farms is up to, the more shocking things, things like how it wants to construct gas chambers, incinerators, gulags, and concentration camps."

Channel Awesome / TGWTG general

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by LordKaT, Aug 24, 2016.

?

Which of these TGWTG Members Deserve a thread?

1. Todd in the Shadows / Kenneth Munson

66 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. Nostalgia Critic / Doug Walker

84 vote(s)
    51.9%
  3. Rob Walker

20 vote(s)
    12.3%
  4. Oancitizen / Kyle Kallgren

21 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. Lupa &/or Phelous

9 vote(s)
    5.6%
  6. Film Brain / Matthew "Cuck" Buck

28 vote(s)
    17.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Doug makes me sad. I wonder what he intended to do with his life in the past when he was starting out his e-fame. Now he's much older and his hair is all gone and his content hasn't evolved, and his fanbase is crumbling away. What are you gonna do, Doug.

• Feels Feels x 12
    kiwifarms.net
  2. I think, given Jim's approach to the four videos that are out already, it makes sense that he's not covering Lindsay. A lot of the content people would see as worth talking about her is either:

1. highly speculative (e.g. "lololol she got casting-couched and fucked her way through CA")
    or 2. subjective stuff that not everybody agrees is worth mocking (e.g. her SJWisms)

And so far Jim has tried to only include content that's verifiable* and to appear as unbiased and undivisive as he can. Also, I imagine it'd be harder to give a Lindsay video a definable "cautionary tale" thesis in the same way he's done with the others, which would make that video stand out as inconsistent within the series.

*IIRC he does plan on including a lot of the more speculative dirt in the finale video though

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    #782 Magnum Dong, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    Magnum Dong

Magnum Dong whoops i dropped my monster condom

kiwifarms.net
  3. This makes far more sense than that theory that he slept with her so he isn't going to talk about her.

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  4. Right now? Probably keep on going the course. He still draws in views, so I don't think he sees a need to change any more than he already had for the time being.

Down the line, maybe. But that is a big what if, and assuming Doug is still willing to continue his web shows.

Jewelsmakerguy

Jewelsmakerguy GIANT TOOLS

kiwifarms.net
  5. Lol, I remember when /tv/ tricked him into believing that RLM wanted to hire him.

• Feels Feels x 4
    Y2K Baby

Y2K Baby The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???

kiwifarms.net
  6. kiwifarms.net
  7. They're baaaaack...

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    CWCissey

CWCissey Charming Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
    • Informative Informative x 1
    dunbrine47

dunbrine47 Has that NewNewbee smell.

kiwifarms.net
  8. What the actual fuck. Someone has too much time on their hands.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Feels Feels x 2
    Robot Holocaust

Robot Holocaust ALL SHALL OBEY THE DARK ONE

kiwifarms.net
  9. Uncanny Valley

Uncanny Valley I am not feel uncomfortable
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. Well, at least Monkeybone is an old movie?

How bad is the review?

A Random

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. Film Brain's review of it was better. Make of that what you will.

• Feels Feels x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    RealDecepticonLeader

RealDecepticonLeader Extremely self-satisfied robot

kiwifarms.net
  12. Two new reviews. One for the G.I. Joe movie (which exists, I guess) and one for Disney's Sorcerer's Apprentice.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice video is forty minutes long, so you'd better have some time on your hands.

• Like Like x 1
    #792 RobotGentleman, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    kiwifarms.net
  13. I would have thought Doug would go after the live-action G.I. Joe movies before one from the many animated series :\

• Agree Agree x 3
    The Nothingness

The Nothingness The one with no body!

kiwifarms.net
  14. It's one of the mini-reviews he started doing once he realised being a psued is not bringing in adbux. Those tend to at least actually be based on either something nostalgic to him, or the flavour of the week.

• Agree Agree x 3
    CWCissey

CWCissey Charming Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. Yeah, but this is the animated movie that Hasbro had to alter after the shitstorm from killing all the Transformers whose toys were discontinued in their movie. They were going to do the same thing in the G.I. Joe film, and even left in an altered version of Duke's death scene but just said he was in a coma.

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  16. I like that Doug made a joke about Trump that wasn't politically charged. In that sense he's more clever than most late night talk shows. Honestly, after nearly a year of everybody on social media hating on America, this review was therapeutic.

#796 Johnny Bravo, Aug 17, 2017 at 12:53 AM
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017 at 1:02 AM
    Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Bravokin

kiwifarms.net
  17. Just about to stick on Sorcerer's Apprentice. I notice a little caption in the corner.

'Includes paid promotion'.

Doug is a corporate whore now.

EDIT: God that was shit. Tony Goldmark needs to fuck off, the running 'gag' with the laughing woman was just awful, as was the one about the various shitty characters tricking NC into coming into the next room, and it just felt like they were reaching sometimes (particularly the Avengers ripoff).

Also, this is the one where Corey Taylor turns up. And he gets a book plug.

• Informative Informative x 4
    #797 CWCissey, Aug 17, 2017 at 3:03 AM
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017 at 4:48 AM
    CWCissey

CWCissey Charming Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. Oh lord, Tony Goldmark. He has a thread here IIRC which shows he has the mental acumen of a plankton.

I'm not sure why anyone wants to watch theme park reviews, but he's the picture-perfect definition of a fool and his money being well parted.

• Agree Agree x 4
    kiwifarms.net
  19. This actually isn't a new thing, it mostly happens in this form or in the form of a commentary when he gets a decent guest star (think he did this with Avatar (Dante Basco) and the one where he got Greg Sestero in. At least if I remember rightly...

• Agree Agree x 1
    CWCissey

CWCissey Charming Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  20. Another one leaving CA

dougebag

dougebag I WAS FROZEN TODAY

kiwifarms.net