Character Reference Sheets: a Visual Guide to Autism - OC, DONUT STEEL!

Baphometkun

kiwifarms.net
I love how on Toyhou.se, these artists commit to plaster in bold, "DON'T STEAL MY DESIGNS, THEY MEAN SO MUCH TO ME." And proceed to sell already copyrighted characters.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210610-153007.png
    Screenshot_20210610-153007.png
    412.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20210610-153022.png
    Screenshot_20210610-153022.png
    497.7 KB · Views: 56

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
It's always "little variations" until you get to the genitals, of course. Then it's suddenly all the colours and shapes you can imagine.

I kinda like the designs. While more than generic for supposed alien species, the art is not bad and there's thought put into their descriptions. Didn't read all of it, to be fair, but it was still interesting. Cutting one's mane to shame people, these Sourangs basically being intelligent pests and Anubis looking like folk having this mentality where they value the experience of awe so much they accept alien rulers because they were impressed by them. It's not bad, just a shame there's these hints of fetish everywhere and the designs are that bland. Smh, you had an opportunity there, man, and you made them mostly earth mammals with funky blood colours.
This reminds me of Barlowe's Guide to Extraterrestrials for some reason

1623363477323.png

1623363539344.png

1623363580973.png

1623363680098.png

1623363733260.png

Yukari Yakumo

The username is incorrect, I'm actually DIO
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Lapis.Fennecat

Broly can have a little bit of salami as a treat..
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2247362

Was posted to a facebook group, someone asking for art. Of course most comments were "dude this is tacky and fuck and no one would draw that"

Queue the sobbing, deletion, the drama (the character has art of them being decapitated lmao) and freebie art from folk trying to be nice. It still looks horrible, though.

I've yet to find a character with a rainbow on it which doesn't look horrible. Rainbows ruin everything, orgyfuck of flags aside.
Those wings,,Oh God those things.

AngryTreeRat

Meds aren't working. Better get new ones.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2247362

Was posted to a facebook group, someone asking for art. Of course most comments were "dude this is tacky and fuck and no one would draw that"

Queue the sobbing, deletion, the drama (the character has art of them being decapitated lmao) and freebie art from folk trying to be nice. It still looks horrible, though.

I've yet to find a character with a rainbow on it which doesn't look horrible. Rainbows ruin everything, orgyfuck of flags aside.
Not everything needs a fucking flag. We've got the point where I can't even identify what someone is since nobody has time to memorize what every flag is.

Lion

steven universe propaganda
kiwifarms.net
I dunno if this goes here but look at this insanity. 2k for a dog no commission artist will want to draw because of the layered splotches and gradients. Btw we really should have an “adoptibles” thread because the pure autism involved.

View attachment 2259647View attachment 2259648View attachment 2259649
it looks literally like every other adoptable she designs. if i was her though, i would be pretty weary over a 2k bid because it's probably a kid who's using their parents credit card

SnottieLottie

Tired scientist
kiwifarms.net
it looks literally like every other adoptable she designs. if i was her though, i would be pretty weary over a 2k bid because it's probably a kid who's using their parents credit card

I know there's a closed species thread; honestly they're close enough that I'd argue they might as well just expand to encapsulate all adoptables that sell for money.
I’ve noticed that with a lot of twitter adopts they all look very same-faced. It’s a bit eerie. I understand sticking with similar styles because all artists have a signature, but most of them feel more lazy than anything else.

I actually debated putting this there but since it’s not really I wasn’t sure. Tbh I agree because they tend to be extremely similar like oranges and tangerines.

NoFeline

baby is ended.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I dunno if this goes here but look at this insanity. 2k for a dog
This is literally every female fursona in 2021. This shit is so generic it doesn't even succeed in looking like a pomeranian.

It would only be worth it if she came with 20+ art pieces but it's JUST the damn ref and it doesn't even come with a proper fullbody.

Baphometkun

kiwifarms.net
It's like, people don't realize that there should be some from of quality with quantity. People are stupid enough to spend 2k on a design, that's their money, but they're barely getting a complete full body drawing, a reference, something other than that cluttered mess.

My friend just a few days ago brought a character design for $400 dollars, and the art style itself is awesome but it kinda seems like it's ppl being cheated for more just to get much less. But hey, these snowflake artists gotta eat too.