• ”I've beaten a man unconscious with my bare hands while bleeding from a gunshot wound, and on a different occasion sliced open another like a salmon while staring him in the eyes”
  1. New Rule: If you declare your post is against the rules, it will be deleted.

Charities. Do you donate to any?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nikkiheat, Dec 7, 2018.

Forum Guidelines
  • Spoiler adult content. Anything you wouldn't want your boss to see on your monitor should be hidden. Don't embed NSFW content in your post directly.
  1. Every Christmas one of the gifts are kids get is donations in their name to a charity that matches their interest. I usually send my donation to the local food bank and children's shelter.
    Anything sounds good to YDS and YDD is not old enough to care but we still donate in their names. I'm curious to see what good causes and good Charities were missing.
    Does anybody have any good charity suggestions?

• Like Like x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  2. I used to donate to Make a Wish and Childs Play, I stopped for some reason.

When it comes to charities, I'd rather donate directly to the cause so no middlemen can get the money and my money can actually be of use.

• Feels Feels x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    FatFuckFrank

FatFuckFrank Am I wrong cause I wanna get it on till I die?

kiwifarms.net
  3. There's this homeless shelter I occasionally donate food to but I don't really give anything to the big guys like Salvation Army and such. Call me a cynic but I don't trust those big ones with my money even if they are non-profit.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 2
    d12

d12

kiwifarms.net
  4. I actually used to volunteer in a charity shop. There are good people in them, retirees usually, but some of the other people that darken their door to work there are among the worst, most disgusting human beings I have ever met. It's a damn good shield to deflect criticism, especially if the girl you are currently stalking works just a few doors away, like one guy I used to know who volunteered with me.

• Feels Feels x 1
    A Useless Fish

A Useless Fish A Fish with literally no value, whatsoever.

kiwifarms.net
  5. Food banks and clothing drives are usually solid things to donate to since they're not pocketing actual money. My dorm did some clothing/blanket drives for the homeless in our area (there were a lot) during college. Of course we had to stop the bleedingest of hearts from donating their own comforters.

You don't gotta be smart to be in college.

• Like Like x 1
    The Shadow

The Shadow The Bitch-King of Wankmar

kiwifarms.net
  6. I like to donate to Toys for Tots. Every kid deserves to have a good Christmas.

• Feels Feels x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Bunny Tracks

Bunny Tracks Don't you cry no more

kiwifarms.net
  7. The CEOs of Oxfarm and the ilk travel make more money than I do and regularly on first class. Why should I give them more money?

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Positron

Positron Ho ho ho! CNN confirms my existence!
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. My charity has primarily been through Kiva. I know microloans can get sticky but I feel like Kiva has done a pretty good job of filtering out predatory third parties. I also feel like I'm doing more with less when my money goes to a place where the US dollar has more value, and where it's being used for basic, important things like filtered water, livestock and education. My money usually comes back after about a year, so I can recycle it back into the system. It's cheap but I don't have a lot to give, so that's what works for me.

• Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  9. I do not give to charity. Far too much corruption and scams and the true believers that actually do help have ideological bents I dislike.

I'm also just a miser.

The Salvation Army is one of the good ones. + is that you don't have to worry about them wasting money on Harry Potter because they think its satanic garbage.

• Feels Feels x 1
    Apoth42

Apoth42 Hehe xd

kiwifarms.net
  10. United Way turned out to be scammy, so did Locks for Love, and now the American Red Cross is giving money to the "migrant" caravan. Even school fundraisers tend to just be MLM's in disguise. Not a fan of charity that's a business and livelihood for those who run it. So no, I don't give much money anymore, but do give goods and time.

• Feels Feels x 3
    hotcheetospuffs

hotcheetospuffs Keepin' it 556 on the dot.

kiwifarms.net
  11. It is great to see the good things people do for one another. I try to donate for orphans at least 5% of my monthly income. Mostly through Christian community that works with orphanages and helps to meet children's basic needs. Also I donate food to our local shelters. As far as I know that's common for a lot of people.

• Feels Feels x 2
    #11 joombo, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    kiwifarms.net
  12. I always donate to childrens hospitals.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster Bitch I'm back and I'm better than ever.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. I used to donate to these things back in the day for poor kids, it was a local thing. You get assigned a kid and you go get them toys and clothes and stuff. I always felt nice when it was all said and done and I hope they liked what I got.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    skiddlez

skiddlez shitty gritty titty fuck truck
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. I donate my time and effort rather than money. I used to deliver presents to impoverished children for a church years ago. Places were scary as hell, but worth it in the end, seeing the joy of children and families. I also delivered food to elderly from time to time, before the charity closed due to lack of funds.

I prefer spreading the joy of Christmas to others rather than stay home. It's better to give blessings than to count them.

• Feels Feels x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Outer Party Member

Outer Party Member 6079 Smith W

kiwifarms.net
  15. I've harvested food for children with my own two hands. Also I always give to St Jude and Make A Wish when I can. Because cancer children need to feel happy.

• Feels Feels x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Feline Darkmage

Feline Darkmage Best/Worst Timeline
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. I donate by buying the Domino's St. Judge Meal Deal.

• Feels Feels x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    The Great Chandler

The Great Chandler "Pickleless girls don't marry virgin boys"

kiwifarms.net
  17. it depends on the charity and whether or not I have money

• Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  18. All my christmas gifts to friends and family, are a donation in their name to the Human Fund.

Happy Festivus.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    kiwifarms.net
    • Like Like x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  19. I donate to http://lbeh.org/, which buys plane tickets for members of the military to come home over the holidays. I've been doing that for a few years now. They take frequent flyer miles as well for anybody that accumulates those for work.

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.