Chat moderation -

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.

Bastard Samurai

Defender of the hate
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It seems like every part of the site aside from chat has some form of moderation to keep things some level of civil. Lately chat has had autists who make everything about themselves and it ruins any chance of anything being discussed other than their lack of any social grace. These people just shit up chat constantly for days until a mod stops by for a few minutes and puts them in the corner. I feel like giving some regular power to put people in the corner themself would do a lot to help

Bastard Samurai

Defender of the hate
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
OK but let's just be honest here, you have been baiting the autist du jour for a few hours at this point. I don't necessarily disagree with what you're proposing, but civility is a two-way street.
I was fucking with him yesterday but now I'm just trying to get him to stop intentionally fucking chat up. By this point he's openly admitting to it

אΩ+1

The Aleph
kiwifarms.net
I'm if I have to repeat myself to reiterate on what I said about you having problems populating other chatrooms in the JAWSH chat, is a problem with the design of the widget UI not giving the users of chat any indication of new chat messages being posted without having to click anything on the chat widget.

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I currently have some custom CSS enabled that basically hides the chat window across the site because it's such a sewer.

Actually makes scrolling down the front page shorter and the page loads a bit quicker.

For those who enjoy the chat box, I do hope it gets better moderation, but I currently am not optimistic that will be possible given how fast it can go and how unless you have a window open constantly you can miss so much if you just check in at random times. At least site threads are easier to police because it's impossible by design to miss posts in the shuffle by default.

Tags
None