Chat moderation -

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.

Yaniv’s Hairy Balls

Behold them and W A X
kiwifarms.net
I was fucking with him yesterday but now I'm just trying to get him to stop intentionally fucking chat up. By this point he's openly admitting to it
I dunno man.. I don’t really have a dog in this fight as I don’t go in chat much, but you can’t bait someone and then complain that they responded to your bait.

tard was acting tarded, you baited them, now they’re acting extra tarded.. this shouldn’t be a surprise?

also is there a report button? If not in the chat then I guess you could report the profile and put a note as to why or something. Otherwise take it toPMs or profile posts, I guess. Spergs typically burn out if you quit baiting them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ConcernedAnon

Null

Ooperator
Patriarch
kiwifarms.net
Chat is my throne room and historically only admins moderate it.

What I'd like to do is open second channels and have per-room moderation but my attempts to encourage people to use side chats have failed. Maybe once I get around to allowing things like image uploads, and once the site is stable enough to reliably conduct conversation, people might use second channels, but for now it's just what I can put up with.

NOT Sword Fighter Super

"Cheerleeder" of Slapfights
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Chat is my throne room and historically only admins moderate it.

What I'd like to do is open second channels and have per-room moderation but my attempts to encourage people to use side chats have failed. Maybe once I get around to allowing things like image uploads, and once the site is stable enough to reliably conduct conversation, people might use second channels, but for now it's just what I can put up with.
Perhaps you could make a thunderdome chat for the tardspergs who are banned from the proper chat.

That could make for an entertaining read.

David Allen Coe

Country DJs Knows That I'm an Outlaw...
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I mean, I guess since I don't have chat privileges yet, my opinion isn't worth too much, but what exactly is the problem? People not talking about what you want them to? Are people upsetting you? What exactly had been going on in chat that's so bad? Curious minds want to know.

Also I find Null saying, "Whatever I can put up with" a little disconcerting. Are people spam tagging him or something? I just don't get why what people talk about in chat would matter to him. Though, I suppose he did call it his "throne room" lol.

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1134716View attachment 1134718
@GethN7 you used to love making an ass of yourself in chat Why the veneer of hate now?
This is precisely why I called it a sewer. I was a fool to add to the stench and I regret dearly the fact I ever bothered and I have no plans to do so again.

Whomever wishes to filter the fetid waters of that sewer from this day onward, you have my prayers, because you will certainly need them.

Last edited:

Wendy_Carter

This is... fun...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not exactly moderation related, but I have a chat suggestion - disable link embedding in KF chat.

Here's my reasoning: ever since chat got put on the front page, it started loading noticeably slower. You have to wait not just for the page to load, but also wait until all the messages in chat have loaded and it's scrolled to the bottom, which takes a few seconds to load. Some people even use custom scripts to remove it from the front page altogether.

Add to this the fact that embedding links breaks half the time and they either keep attempting to embed indefinitely or until it eventually gives up and/or shows the "something went wrong" error, and you can see why it can be a problem for some, especially if they have to load all those links all at once by going back to the front page and/or dedicated chat page, and you can see why it can be a problem for some people. It can lead to slightly frustrating misclicks and eat up a lot of data on mobile devices.

And especially now that the server is in super slow mode due to low space, I think it's best to dedicate whatever vacant space is left there for more important things, such as actual forum posts.

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm probably going to get drowned in hats and trashcans and puzzle pieces for this because I'm advocating ruining what some deem a form of entertainment, but the starting fights with people in chat just creates infighting and that's counterproductive. If someone is being a spastic in chat, kick them out for awhile. If they lose their shit over a temp ban, then fine, give them a thread to be laughed at.

And this should go both ways. No matter who started a stupid fight in chat, they should be kicked out for however long is needed to get the message across starting shit is idiotic, and if they continue losing their spaghetti on the forum, then fine, thread mock them for it. Besides, it's quite hypocritical for the rules to say messing with people offsite will get you on the shit list here while doing it on-site is somehow fine.

It would even have an effect on keeping the chat from sucking up resources so much because aside from when slapfights occur, I noticed it was otherwise pretty peaceful and not as laggy. No skin off my nose etiher way now since I plan to leave chat alone by default now, but just a few suggestions I hope someone considers for those who still use it.

David Allen Coe

Country DJs Knows That I'm an Outlaw...
kiwifarms.net
I'm probably going to get drowned in hats and trashcans and puzzle pieces for this because I'm advocating ruining what some deem a form of entertainment, but the starting fights with people in chat just creates infighting and that's counterproductive. If someone is being a spastic in chat, kick them out for awhile. If they lose their shit over a temp ban, then fine, give them a thread to be laughed at.

And this should go both ways. No matter who started a stupid fight in chat, they should be kicked out for however long is needed to get the message across starting shit is idiotic, and if they continue losing their spaghetti on the forum, then fine, thread mock them for it. Besides, it's quite hypocritical for the rules to say messing with people offsite will get you on the shit list here while doing it on-site is somehow fine.

It would even have an effect on keeping the chat from sucking up resources so much because aside from when slapfights occur, I noticed it was otherwise pretty peaceful and not as laggy. No skin off my nose etiher way now since I plan to leave chat alone by default now, but just a few suggestions I hope someone considers for those who still use it.
Wait, so you guys actively go out and ban people who 'start fights' on an internet forum? Uh... guys? No one else see the problems with this?

"infighting"
"counter-productive"

I'm sorry, did I join a club? Are we supposed to go out and put on our Kiwi Bird Fur Suits and dance in a circle singing kumbaya? Is this a sex thing?

Angry Shoes

Red Wire: Right Temple, Black Wire: Left Temple
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Perhaps you could make a thunderdome chat for the tardspergs who are banned from the proper chat.

That could make for an entertaining read.
1. Create a special chat for banned people.
2. Unban everyone ever banned (other than spam accounts).
3. Edit their permissions so they can only post in that chat and nowhere else.
4. Watch.
5. Drink.
6. Laugh.

gobbogobb

Granny sees what you post online.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wait, so you guys actively go out and ban people who 'start fights' on an internet forum? Uh... guys? No one else see the problems with this?

"infighting"
"counter-productive"

I'm sorry, did I join a club? Are we supposed to go out and put on our Kiwi Bird Fur Suits and dance in a circle singing kumbaya? Is this a sex thing?
Nah geth is just butt blasted because he gets cyberbowled every time he enters chat
stock_models_suck.png
fVZ2ud0.png

Last edited:
Tags
None