Chat???? -

Twinkie

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can we get a preference to block chat by default? It crashes the browser if left open too long, or at least it did. I'd rather have to specifically go out of my way to open it.
Which OS and browser are you using? I haven't experienced this issue and I am mainly in Salon which has had a chat on top for weeks now. 🤔
And I'm pretty sure someone did post how to block chat, actually. I'll look for the post.

The Littlest Shitlord

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Which OS and browser are you using? I haven't experienced this issue and I am mainly in Salon which has had a chat on top for weeks now. 🤔
And I'm pretty sure someone did post how to block chat, actually. I'll look for the post.
Windows 7 with virtual memory disabled, and when the problem occurred I was using Firefox (an older version of course, Firefox updates every time I turn around).

Twinkie

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
FYI there was some kind of vulnerability with Firefox the other day I guess it was serious enough that Null made an announcement about it on the front page, so you probably shouldn't be running an old version.

I understand you're requesting a feature, but I think you should also mention your issue in the Technical Grievances thread just in case (state your OS/browser there too, please)

PowerWomon

Kiwi Farm's Most Hated Feminist
kiwifarms.net
I had experimented with some chat functionality the past few days. If you want to go to chat directly, I have been using this URL, which I found in the sources:

Open your browser's debugger if you want more diagnostics. Make sure there are no errors.

Tags
None