• ”Third, I'm an atheist and I like anime.”

Chelsea Manning / Bradley Manning / xychelseaVictim of Starfucking

Discussion in 'Sisterwood' started by yawning sneasel, Jul 16, 2017.

Forum Guidelines

Rat Kings are members of the LGBTQ community who use their position, influence, and connections for personal gain. While they are almost always transgender, it is not a requirement.

• Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • Don't white knight. Don't turn threads into an intervention. If you want to help, contact them privately.
  • Backup everything! Rat Kings immediately go into DFE mode, especially when legal names are brought out.

@Ride, @zedkissed60, @yawning sneasel, @Feline Darkmage, @Smutley

1. I refuse to believe that we don't have even a single user on here fluent enough in Pretentious Pseudointellectual Douchebag to translate that

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Butta Face Lopez

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. Ahahahaha this is great. So, basically, what this is talking about can be summed up as "human robots" and stuff. I'm not going to go through the whole thing, but I'll go through the specific images that Positron has.

Image 1:
    Posthuman is a word people use when referring to humans who have been "enhanced" in some way, such as brain or body enhancements.

People with robotic limbs can perform better labour. People with chips in their brains can understand social things better (???). People with eye robotic implants can have better sight. It could come to a point where using such devices are even out of their control, sometimes even to the point of being against their will.

[The "artisan meta-smoothie" is I'm guessing a fancy term for artificial hormones, like having an implant that automatically releases a hormone in your body without your consent. Think of insulin pumps that do so automatically and not manually.]

Image 2:
    Chelsea Manning is an example of a posthuman because she was a trans woman who was also surrounded by a bunch of data that she had to manage and immerse herself in.

[I suspect this part is bs and the author just wanted to either put a big name in there or wanted to tie transness with posthuman and manning is the best example for some reason]

Image 3:
    [This one's a bit harder, because I understand each word individually but don't really understand how it works as a whole.]

There is an interesting hypocrisy or interesting-ness where bastions of pop culture proclaiming various things directly contradict events occurring. This adds another layer to such pop culture. {think of post modern art beliefs where the reason the person is making the art is also part of the art piece and influences it.} [One could almost call this irony.] In Guantanamo Bay, music that spoke of freedom and human rights played while people were being tortured in cages. While Manning was copying database entries to upload to Wikileaks, she was singing along to Lady Gaga. [and somehow this means something??]

---------

It's an interesting piece about posthumanism, but using Manning's role as a data worker isn't what I think a good argument.

• Informative Informative x 3
    spiritofamermaid

spiritofamermaid happiest fish in the water

kiwifarms.net
  3. As pointed out, the music was the torture in many cases.

Some music played in Gitmo to torture detainees (warning clickbait link):

1. "The Real Slim Shady" by Eminem
    2. “Take Your Best Shot” by Dope
    3. "Dirrty" by Christina Aguilera
    4. "Zikrayati (My Memories)" by Mohamed el-Qasabgi
    5. "Babylon" by David Gray
    6. "I Love You" by The Barney Theme (now this really is a war crime)
    7. "Saturday Night Fever" by the Bee Gees
    8. The Meow Mix theme (as is this)
    9. “The Beautiful People” by Marilyn Manson
    10. "Fuck Your God" by Deicide
    11. “We Are the Champions” by Queen

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    AnOminous

AnOminous so what
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  4. When I read a bit of this it reminded me of some studies that have been 'published' in supposedly peer-reviewed journals that consisted of complete nonsense made up by word generators. The point was that the "authors" would submit complete gibberish to point out that the journals in question are bogus ('predatory publishing') and only existed to charge fees for what amounted to vanity publishing under the guise of scientific inquiry (and thereafter would sometimes get cited unknowingly as if they were 'real' articles because they were cited in publications with impressive names).

But looking into it a bit more and the author's history I think he just aches for Manning's girldick.

• Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  5. Yeah, I did some research about the whole thing with post-humanism and that sort of thing one semester and Manning doesn't really factor into it. You could maybe talk about transitioning as a whole, but post-humanism is more interested in the biological-technological spectrum than the hormonal aspects that transitioning involves.

• Agree Agree x 1
    spiritofamermaid

kiwifarms.net
  6. The whole "cyborg", "posthumanism" malarkey was just a feminist fever dream of the drug-fueled 1960s. Normal people just call that "tool use".

• Agree Agree x 2
    Positron

Positron No, I don't care either.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  7. It's gained some traction with the use of prosthetics and mainstream attention of superheroes, but yeah. Silly.

spiritofamermaid

kiwifarms.net
  8. They also used Yoko Ono music.

Wanna see how fucking hard you are? Put on headphones and a blindfold, crank that shit to the max, and see how long you can withstand Yoko Ono before being ready to tell anyone who can make it stop where Gramma hides the silverware. That shit gave a friend of mine a nosebleed at the nine minute mark.

On the transhumanism thing, I find it funny how many people seem to think that it refers to transgenderism instead of human enhancement through bioware or cyberware

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Jet Fuel Johnny

Jet Fuel Johnny Full Metal Sperg

kiwifarms.net
  9. They do these things because it sounds silly and funny, but it’s not funny at the 12 hour mark. They also blast it at ear-splitting volume when you’re trying to sleep, and randomize when it turns on and off, so even when it’s off, you still can’t sleep because you’re afraid it’s going to start any moment and jar you out of sleep again. It can actually be more effective than a beating over the long run.

Also, the Barney theme song can drive you crazy. Look what it did to this guy.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
    AnOminous

AnOminous so what
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  10. So a woman pumping away at Matthew Fuller's ass with a strap-on is post human.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Dogs can't look up

Dogs can't look up Once shit out of a moving car

kiwifarms.net
  11. A strap-on is posthuman enough.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    Positron

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. Oh, I'm not kidding. That "audio stress" is fucking brutal. They run it at like 100db and sporadically.

And using Yoko Ono's a fucking war crime.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Jet Fuel Johnny

Jet Fuel Johnny Full Metal Sperg

kiwifarms.net
    • Informative Informative x 7
    Kosher Dill

Kosher Dill Potato Chips
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. I don't know who handles the filing, but if it's Manning it could be that he's required to not use a computer, especially connected to the internet. OR they could just be used to doing it the old way.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    spiritofamermaid

kiwifarms.net
  14. What is it with troons and spending nearly all their campaign finances? Bradley’s only got ~$9000 in the war chest out of $80000 total contributions.

NotAKitty

NotAKitty best gril
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. Manning spent most of it on salaries for employees, plus $8K on web stuff, $10K on a lawyer, and $5K on PR. Compared to Wu For Elective Monarch the expenditures are downright reasonable.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Kosher Dill

Kosher Dill Potato Chips
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. Saving money means being capable of considering long-term consequences.
    Considering long-term consequences means not guillotining your testicles.

• Winner Winner x 3
    Peace and Harmony

Peace and Harmony (。◕‿‿◕。)
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  17. He posts on social media all the time, so I don't think he's restricted from using the internet.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  18. Oh yeah, wow that was really dumb of me. gg me way to think critically about that

• Feels Feels x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    spiritofamermaid

kiwifarms.net
  19. Brad is still an intact male right?
    (I mean anatomically, not morally.)

• Agree Agree x 1
    #540 Positron, Jun 18, 2018 at 5:47 AM
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018 at 11:33 AM
    Positron

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
Tags:
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.