Chick-fil-A employee stuns TikTok with behind-the-scenes video of how chicken nuggets are made: 'I was scared to watch this' - Don't worry, they're normal nuggies

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon. I REALLY WISH THEY'D HOTFIX THIS SO I CAN REMOVE THIS NOTICE.

verygayFrogs

kiwifarms.net
With the number of TikToks showing the behind-the-scenes secrets of how Chick-fil-A makes its lemonade, ice cream and now chicken nuggets, someone could almost open a franchise in their own kitchen.

In a since-deleted TikTok, user @dxxdxx7 uploaded footage showing Chick-fil-A’s nugget-making process, racking up more than 13 million views before it was taken down.

Luckily, pages like the food-centric TikTok account Foodie were able to screenshot and screen record the TikTok before its demise.

The video starts out with what dxxdxx7 describes as the “raw nuggets,” which is actually just raw chicken. The raw chicken gets put into a basket of liquid that dxxdxx7 says is “milkwash,” before being rolled around in some sort of seasoning. Then, the breaded chicken is popped into a vat of oil and fried until it’s ready to eat.

What caught the attention of millions of TikTokers was how straightforward the process was. People assume the worst when it comes to fast-food dining — particularly meat — and the fact that the video shows real, raw chicken being cooked is a surprisingly huge relief.

“Honestly I was scared to watch this because these nuggets are life!!” one person commented, according to the Daily Dot. “But I am so relieved they are actually made from scratch!”

Several commenters on Foodies’ repost of the video seemed confused that there was no mention of pickle juice — the secret ingredient Chick-fil-A fans and food bloggers claim the chicken gets brined in before it’s breaded and fried. Pickle juice contains salt, which supposedly gives the nuggets their flavor all the way through each bite.

Whether or not user dxxdxx7 actually works at Chick-fil-A, some commenters who also claimed to be employees agreed that this was the process (including the sifting stage, which many seemed to dislike). Some of those commenters also confirmed that the process does not use pickle juice. Case closed.

Least Concern

Pretend I have a spooky avatar like everyone else
kiwifarms.net
Well, aren't most nuggies made from mechanically separated chicken - the pink goop you get by grinding up bones which still have small amounts of meat on them after more recognizable pieces of meat like breasts and thighs have been removed and then mashing the mixture through a sieve to filter out the bone chunks? If Chick-fil-a's nuggies are made from actual hunks of chicken, that is somewhat remarkable.

Me, I've never had Chick-fil-a's nuggies. I just eat their sandwiches because I am a fucking adult.