Chick-fil-A Toronto store opening met with both protests and excitement - Anyone in the mood for waffle fries?

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon. I REALLY WISH THEY'D HOTFIX THIS SO I CAN REMOVE THIS NOTICE.

Lucille Bluth

kiwifarms.net

I guess they won’t let people enjoy fried food in peace. Part of the article:

A controversial U.S. fast-food chain has opened in downtown Toronto to a long line of customers, but also to a group of outraged protesters.

Chick-fil-A Inc., which is known for both its fried chicken sandwiches and its ownership's religious beliefs, started serving up chicken dishes Friday morning. It's the first franchised location in Canada, opening five years after a Chick-fil-A started up at the Calgary airport before recently closing.

When the Toronto restaurant opened at 10:30 a.m. ET, customers streamed in as protesters chanted "shame" outside the front doors.

"We won't allow hateful rhetoric to be here," said Justin Khan, who works at The 519, an LGBTQ community centre in an area of Toronto known as the gay village, just a few blocks from the restaurant.

"The fact that Chick-fil-A is opening on the streets of Toronto is something that is quite alarming."

Khan went on to accuse the corporation of promoting "hate and discrimination" against the LGBTQ community.

But franchise owner Wilson Yang said in a statement: "We respect people's right to share their opinions and want all Torontonians to know they are welcome at Chick-fil-A Yonge & Bloor.
"Our focus is on offering a welcoming and respectful environment for our guests and team members, and we encourage people to give us a try."
The company has plans to establish about 15 locations around the Greater Toronto Area over the next five years.

Chick-fil-A is owned by the Cathy family, a billionaire evangelical Southern Baptist clan based in Atlanta.

Company president Dan Cathy, the son of Chick-fil-A founder Truett Cathy, generated a firestorm of controversy in 2012 when he spoke out against same-sex marriage and in favour of "the biblical definition of the family unit."

When the U.S. Supreme Court chose to support same-sex marriage a year later, Cathy tweeted the "founding fathers would be ashamed of our generation."

NOT Sword Fighter Super

"Cheerleeder" of Slapfights
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Chick-Fil-A is overrated and their food is bad.
Fuck you, their grilled nuggets are amazing.

I don't think any Chick Fil A protest can top that guy who got fired from his CTO position for yelling at a $12 an hour employee over the parent corporation's policies.

"I'm a nice guy by the way and I'm totally a heterosexual"
1567828406269.png

The Opera Ghost

So anyway I started blastin
kiwifarms.net
I don't see the validity of protesting this way other than to get your virtue signaling brownie points. If you don't like their policies just don't shop there. It's not THAT good where you're missing out if you don't go.
Well I mean you get to protest for brownie points AND get yourself a chicken club at the same time, win win.

B

BW 182

kiwifarms.net
I don't think any Chick Fil A protest can top that guy who got fired from his CTO position for yelling at a $12 an hour employee over the parent corporation's policies.

That guy deserved to lose his job. What a cunt lol you can tell that this woman is trying so hard to be polite and this cunt is speaking about her personally at points. Also, lmao @ "I'm a good guy".

Why does every protest group think they're the new Civil Rights Movement? lol these people go to boycott a restaurant by showing up there to harass with stupid signs and chants, when they could do better by staying home and not buying from there.

NOT Sword Fighter Super

"Cheerleeder" of Slapfights
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why does every protest group think they're the new Civil Rights Movement? lol these people go to boycott a restaurant by showing up there to harass with stupid signs and chants, when they could do better by staying home and not buying from there.
Because they all desperately want to be the righteous saviors.

Michael Dummett

IPC + (p → q) ∨ (q → p)
kiwifarms.net
Went down there at lunch time today and it's just your run of the mill Toronto protest. Gonna go for some politically incorrect chicken once things settle down.
If you haven't went yet or are still on your way there, write "I fucking hate faggots just about as much as I love good chicken sandwiches" on your wrapper. Seriously though, congrats on having good Southern cuisine in Canada finally.

HeyYou

YOU BETTER RUN!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you haven't went yet or are still on your way there, write "I fucking hate faggots just about as much as I love good chicken sandwiches" on your wrapper. Seriously though, congrats on having good Southern cuisine in Canada finally.
I like Chick-fil-a, but I wouldn't remotely call it "good Southern cuisine".