Law Child calls 911 to report being left in hot car with 6 other kids - Woman Arrested For Leaving 7 children Age 4 and Under In Car With Windows Rolled Up

Poiseon

I am literal poison.
kiwifarms.net

190513-maryland-hot-car-cs-158p_3f4002d761eafd33004c644a3eb07eb1.fit-2000w.jpg

May 13, 2019, 1:16 PM PDT
By Minyvonne Burke

A Maryland mother's shopping trip ended in her being hauled off to jail after a young child called 911 to say that he and six other kids had been left in a hot car by themselves, authorities said.

Charles County deputies received the call just after 1 p.m. on Friday. The child told a 911 dispatcher he did not know where they were, but authorities were able to trace the call to a mall parking lot in St. Charles, Maryland, the Charles County Sheriff's Office said in a press release.

The seven children, ages 2 to 4, were found in the vehicle, which had its windows rolled up. Authorities said the kids had been left unattended for at least 20 minutes.

"Officers helped the children out of the vehicle and Charles County Fire/EMS provided treatment on the scene," the sheriff's office said.
According to WJLA, the kids were "scared" and "sweaty." Temperatures in the area climbed up to around 80 degrees on Friday. Authorities believe the 4-year-old used a phone left in the car to call for help, according to the outlet.

"It is against the law to leave a child under the age of 8 unattended inside a motor vehicle if the caregiver is out of sight of the child unless a reliable person at least 13-years-old remains with the child," the sheriff's office said.

"It is also dangerous to leave anyone, including pets, inside a motor vehicle especially as outside temperatures become warmer. The temperature inside a parked car can quickly rise to extremely high and even fatal levels in a short period of time."

A 37-year-old woman arrived back at the car about 10 minutes after police. The woman, who is the mother of two of the children and was babysitting the others, was arrested and charged with confinement of children inside a motor vehicle. Authorities said they were not releasing the woman's name to protect the children's identities.

Additional charges are pending against the woman, the sheriff's office said.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
The seven children, ages 2 to 4, were found in the vehicle, which had its windows rolled up. Authorities said the kids had been left unattended for at least 20 minutes.
Am I the only one that thinks this story is a little bit weird?

1. 7 kids fit in that car?
  2. They were in the car "at least 20 minutes." Does that mean the kids called 911 the moment Mom left the car? The article didn't say "at least an hour" or "for hours".
  3. If so, the kids immediate response to being left in a car was to call 911?
  4. Were the locks childproof? The kids could call 911 but not exit the car on their own? Even if the back seats are childproof, the front seats certainly weren't, and there were 7 kids so at least one of them was up front.

Story just seems weird. Maybe I'm missing something though.

Poiseon

I am literal poison.
kiwifarms.net

2. They were in the car "at least 20 minutes." Does that mean the kids called 911 the moment Mom left the car? The article didn't say "at least an hour" or "for hours".
  4. Were the locks childproof? The kids could call 911 but not exit the car on their own? Even if the back seats are childproof, the front seats certainly weren't, and there were 7 kids so at least one of them was up front.

Age 2-4. Those are pretty small kids. Still, kinda suspicious isn't it?
I really think that some of the women who do this sort of shit do so intentionally.
Maybe a stunt for attention? Munchhausen Mom perhaps?

Recon

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I've really gotten the feeling, more than once, that these sorts of accidents look a lot like a subconscious manifestation of someone who doesn't want to be in the situation they're in.

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!
kiwifarms.net

Man are you generous. Most of the people who do this intentionally for long periods (not just a "I gotta grab some fuckin' m.ilk" trip) are just assholes or horrifically irresponsible and probably should have abandoned their kid at the hospital (like the woman who left her 1-2 y/o baby strapped in a hot car to fuck herself up with xanax and booze and pass out on the couch. When she woke up, he was dead) Doing something like going on autopilot is a real thing and it does happen, but I refuse to believe you'd go on autopilot with an extra four kids in the car.

TowinKarz

Thoroughly Unimpressed
kiwifarms.net
I've really gotten the feeling, more than once, that these sorts of accidents look a lot like a subconscious manifestation of someone who doesn't want to be in the situation they're in.
A Chevy Monte Carlo SS doesn't seem like the kind of vehicle a responsible parent would buy, or keep hanging on to long after that kind of "fun" self-indulgence car should've bowed to parental responsibility. There's a reason the stereotype about the young father having to kiss the ol' Camaro goodbye exists.... so yeah, I agree that there's a subconscious kind of malice going on here. Like, they didn't want the kids, resent having to be "domesticated" and do not want to care for them, let alone several more as the designated "neighborhood mom"

And when they got caught looking after a whole gaggle of fundamentally disliked kids at once, they didn't treat them as living breathing human beings, but as anthropomorphic nuisances intruding on the unfettered single life they wanted to live, and actively decided to "punish" them by making them sit in a crowded, hot car not designed for kids for no reason beyond they COULD to "get back" at life for not turning out the way they wanted.

Last edited:

Crippled Eagle

Top Floppy Slotter 1977
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Man are you generous. Most of the people who do this intentionally for long periods (not just a "I gotta grab some fuckin' m.ilk" trip) are just assholes or horrifically irresponsible and probably should have abandoned their kid at the hospital (like the woman who left her 1-2 y/o baby strapped in a hot car to fuck herself up with xanax and booze and pass out on the couch. When she woke up, he was dead) Doing something like going on autopilot is a real thing and it does happen, but I refuse to believe you'd go on autopilot with an extra four kids in the car.
There was a federal agent I arrested for killing his kid by leaving him in a hot car while he got plastered. That was fun.

Ineedahero

kiwifarms.net

It seems like most of the kids were not hers, she was either babysitting or like @TowinKarz said, designated neighborhood mum. Or one of those at-home childcare co-op things that people do these days - they seem to attract the worst kind of women to watch kids - no doubt because of the lack of regulation and oversight. And the kid who called the cops was probably told by his or her parents to call them or the police if they are ever alone.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

News stories often run with unrelated images. The story doesn't give the make and model of the car or say that it was the car in the picture.

There are definitely a lot of SUVs which have doors a 4 year old would have trouble opening and exiting. Younger kids would have trouble undoing their child restraints to even get to the doors.

As mentioned, it's very possible that the child who called had been told by their parents that if they were ever in danger to stay where they were and call 911.

At least this one had a happy ending.

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!
kiwifarms.net

you underestimate the stupidity of children. I wouldn't be surprised if the oldest of the kids wasn't taught how to unlock a car door from the inside for fear they'd do it in the middle of the highway. Not to mention if this woman left a fuckton of kids in a car on a hot day I wouldn't put it past her to put a two year old in the front seat. And "at least 20 minutes" means just that. Maybe they were in there for like a half hour and 20 minutes into it he calls. If they ask the mom about it, do you really think she's gonna tell the truth while being investigated for child endangerment?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: AsbestosFlaygon

Crippled Eagle

Top Floppy Slotter 1977
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
News stories often run with unrelated images. The story doesn't give the make and model of the car or say that it was the car in the picture.

There are definitely a lot of SUVs which have doors a 4 year old would have trouble opening and exiting. Younger kids would have trouble undoing their child restraints to even get to the doors.

As mentioned, it's very possible that the child who called had been told by their parents that if they were ever in danger to stay where they were and call 911.

At least this one had a happy ending.
No joke. That car was almost a steel and fiberglass sarcophagus for 7 children. That kid was smart and saved a car full of little kids. He doesn't know it yet but he's a hero.

Sprig of Parsley

kiwifarms.net
7 kids in a Monte Carlo? No. Bullshit. There aren't even enough belts to legally transport them in such a vehicle. Did they just go take a picture of a random fucking car or something? If you can't take a picture of the actual vehicle just fucking run with nothing.

EDIT: So, I mean, what should the general policy be on animals and children trapped in cars? Go to nearest store, request page for owner of vehicle to come to the front of the store immediately? Just call 911?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: AsbestosFlaygon

Jazz Cat Blini

An actual real life cat
kiwifarms.net
Dudes, never underestimate the power of trashy people. You can stack 7 kids in a Monte Carlo (?) if you they're lappin' it/not wearing seatbelts - easily. Also, believing that some angry woman with too many kids to take care of floats out "If y'all get out this fuckin' car, I'mma beat all y'all asses," is not at all unreasonable.

Lissamine Green

kiwifarms.net
There are probably only five seatbelts in that car, including the driver's seat. She must have just thrown them in the back on top of each other like luggage and sped off. It's evil to treat any child like a disposable object, but the fact that she had five kids who may actually have loving parents jammed in there too makes it especially chilling.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino