Childhood TV Shows That You Barely Remember -

Yukari Yakumo

The username is incorrect, I'm actually DIO
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anybody remember Todd and the Book of Pure Evil? That shit fucking traumatized me as a kid.

talk sh1t

Was the NPC all along
kiwifarms.net
Maybe someone can help me out on this one. I've spent hours searching for a cartoon I remember seeing as a kid, with no luck.
It's science fiction, kind of post-apocalyptic or something. The animation style is kind of like a cross between Hanna-Barbera and He-Man. Very wooden. Probably originally from the seventies or eighties, I used to see it on Cartoon Network in the late nineties. The only character I remember well enough to describe was a woman, maybe some heroine, I dunno, she was always dressed in white, and wore a head piece (also white) covering her hair, shaped kind of like those things with gold/blue stripes that Egyptian kings wore on their head.
There was an over-all heavy vibe of melancholy and dread, I remember getting bummed out every time I saw an episode.
I think there was always a half exploded moon in the background sky, so I think it took place on planet Earth after some devastating war had happened.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
@talk sh1t It was probably Thundarr the Barbarian though you might be conflating Princess Ariel, who had brown skin, long black hair, and a blue leotard thing, with the Sorceress from Masters of the Universe.

talk sh1t

Was the NPC all along
kiwifarms.net
@talk sh1t It was probably Thundarr the Barbarian though you might be conflating Princess Ariel, who had brown skin, long black hair, and a blue leotard thing, with the Sorceress from Masters of the Universe.

Oh that could be it, the destroyed moon in the background checks out. But then who is the character I'm thinking of? It's definitely not Ariel, or the am I mixing her up with the Sorceress. The one I'm thinking of had darker skin and almond-shaped eyes. I think she didn't even have a nose, or a very faint one. She wore a white suit covering her whole body, no skimpy bikini stuff. Now that I think of it, she looked more like a character from one of Mobius' graphic novels (the French artist).
It would help if Google images returned some images of characters other than the main three, though...

EDIT - Looking at some clips, it's definitely that show. The mysterious character, who I thought played a prominent role in the series, either appeared in a single episode, or is from a different cartoon and I'm just mixing things up.

Last edited:

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
Oh that could be it, the destroyed moon in the background checks out. But then who is the character I'm thinking of? It's definitely not Ariel, or the am I mixing her up with the Sorceress. The one I'm thinking of had darker skin and almond-shaped eyes. I think she didn't even have a nose, or a very faint one. She wore a white suit covering her whole body, no skimpy bikini stuff. Now that I think of it, she looked more like a character from one of Mobius' graphic novels (the French artist).
It would help if Google images returned some images of characters other than the main three, though...

EDIT - Looking at some clips, it's definitely that show. The mysterious character, who I thought played a prominent role in the series, either appeared in a single episode, or is from a different cartoon and I'm just mixing things up.
Maybe you're thinking of Isis from the Freedom Force:

There was a live action version of the character that had her own show as well.

talk sh1t

Was the NPC all along
kiwifarms.net
Thanks for the help to both of you, but that's still not it. I went through all the characters listed in the Thundarr wiki and didn't find her, so I guess she's not from that show after all. It's not Isis either.

Could be mixing her up with some comic book character, or some European animation or something. Or maybe I just imagined her in a dream.

Fat Tub of Lard

kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure if pizza was involved, but could it be Time Warp Trio?
View attachment 1929558
I only remember this specific episode revolving around Napoleon Bonaparte. The characters make it so that Napoleon wins Waterloo, which somehow results in America being a French territory - and, going back to that pizza thing, made it so that all pizza is made with goat cheese. The plot is solved when the kids go back and set Napoleon up to lose, and watch as he gets his ass kicked (off-screen, because educational kids' cartoon).

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
Every few years I remember a show and have to go look up what it was called. I think it was hypernaughts. It's essentially a more serious Spacecases using the cheap CGI technology from Babylon 5. I remember really liking it as a kid even though it only got like 3 episodes before disappearing from my station.

Also I absolutely loved Ghost Writer as a kid, though I can recall almost nothing of it as an adult.

Fat Tub of Lard

kiwifarms.net
Every few years I remember a show and have to go look up what it was called. I think it was hypernaughts. It's essentially a more serious Spacecases using the cheap CGI technology from Babylon 5. I remember really liking it as a kid even though it only got like 3 episodes before disappearing from my station.

Also I absolutely loved Ghost Writer as a kid, though I can recall almost nothing of it as an adult.
Close. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypernauts

Basically, Christy Marx of Jem fame did this live-action series to show that Babylon 5's technology could work in other venues.

For all the good it did, since it was being funded by ABC - right as it was being bought out by Disney. Needless to say, the Alphabet network only ran eight of the planned thirteen episodes in the spring of '96, replacing a Dumb and Dumber cartoon, before being kicked off the air.

Also, I was surprised to learn the show came out of DiC, given their reputation of shitting out cheap show after cheap show.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I vaguely recall seeing this toon from the early '90s about Bob Saget (?) as a kid who'd ride a bike (or trike?). I think it was called "Bobby's World"? The mom would always end lines with "don'tcha know".

Tardar the Barbarian

Pirate sites are your friend.
kiwifarms.net
Did anybody ever watch a show called "Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go?"

I just remember one of the Jetix announcers having to say that long-ass title in a serious tone of voice. I thought it was going to be a comedic show, but apparently, it was meant to be mostly serious.
I do. Basically, a lot of it was cliche. In fact, a big part of the tone of the show was being as cliche as possible for a pseudo mecha anime.

woowie queen

it's all about ethics and lollipops.
kiwifarms.net
i distictly remember watching when i used to channel hopping on satellite tv as a kid a cartoon about a dog with superpowers.
also, an hello kitty anime with a parallel world and dark counterparts of some character in the plot. or those were fever dreams?

starborn427614

kiwifarms.net
i distictly remember watching when i used to channel hopping on satellite tv as a kid a cartoon about a dog with superpowers.
also, an hello kitty anime with a parallel world and dark counterparts of some character in the plot. or those were fever dreams?
You're not thinking of Fat Dog Mendoza are you? This is the only one I can think of that matches that description, although saying this I can't recall if he had super powers or not. Apparently it never aired in the US.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

woowie queen

it's all about ethics and lollipops.
kiwifarms.net
You're not thinking of Fat Dog Mendoza are you? This is the only one I can think of that matches that description, although saying this I can't recall if he had super powers or not. Apparently it never aired in the US.
nope, i never seen this.
(if helps, i'm an eurofag)