China Floodwatch 2020 - Wuhan, Hubei is sinking and I dunno how to swim.

Is the Three Gorges Dam kill?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Glad I couldn't help

Ohai!
kiwifarms.net
So I was going to post a thread on this before, but I couldn't find an article from a good source, only Twitter rumors. But @I am the Muffin Maker posted this article from Nekki Asian Review in the Wuhan Coronavirus Thread. Thanks bro.

Rumours of Three Gorges Dam collapse have gone around in years prior, with nothing happening afterwards, so some skepticism is in order here, I think. But so was massively disruptive global pandemic, until it happen, so who the fuck knows. In any case, even if the dam does not collapsed, it's clear that there are floods that destroying property en mass, probably hurting and killing people and further disrupting an economy already damaged by the pandemic.

Any way, use this thread to post links to relevant articles and any sperging you think is relevant.

Last edited:

CockPockets

How dare you? I'm an autist!
kiwifarms.net
1595089152095.png
The water levels in Wuhan have reached about 28 and a half metres according to the Chinese statistics. The dyke in Wuhan can only hold up to 30m of water. Keep in mind they are not updating it on a constant rate and are probably trying to save face

Also the 3GD is reaching over 160 metres of floodwater, flowing through it at the maximum rate the dam can handle. This has been rising rather sharply over the past few days. Who knows how much more it can take? :woo:

Judge Holden

Explorer in the further regions of autism
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Im honestly torn.

On the one hand, the CCP deserves to die screaming for so many reasons, and if this shit collapses this will almost certainly help this become a reality.

On the other hand, a hell of a lot of innocent people are gonna suffer and die if this shit collapses, and the people who created the situation will either get off scott free thanks to their friends in government or flee the country with the money they bilked

Gender of peace

Fully automated luxury autism
kiwifarms.net
I have been following this on /pol/ where they are on their 226th Three Gorges Dam general. I have never really browsed 4chan before this happening and despite wading through the shitposts and autism I am rather impressed with what they have put together. Tl'dr water levels are rising both above and below the dam. CCP has already dug canals and flooded entire villages to lower inflows. They will continue to discharge water, maintaining high outflows even though the river is flooding whole megacities, including Wuhan.

How /pol/ begins its tgdg threads

TGDG/ #226 - Kung Fu Groins, Meat Stick Loins Edition Anonymous (ID: D/omYv+1) 07/18/20(Sat)10:28:36 No.268501499▶
>>268501644 >>268501793 >>268502590 >>268506091 >>268507601 >>268507634
Previous >>268486946 → #

Summary:

BIG DAM IN CHINA
HOLD MANY WATER
NOT FOR LONG THO
LOL

>Sat pix reveal at least 56.57cm deflection along the length of TGD. >>268360292 → #

CURRENTLY FLOODED:
121 CITIES
39M+ PEOPLE

27 PROVINCES: https://twitter.com/dajiyuan/status/1280066458706423808
Shanghai flooded: https://twitter.com/Qiren2020/status/1280775813139320833

Southern China flooded, villages underwater

Chongqing (upstream) bans flood videos:

DEPUTY WATER MINISTER TALKED ABOUT THE BLACK SWAN EVENT:

89b+ yuan loss & evacuation of millions:

TGD capacity: 9% of a 100-year flood

HISTORICAL DATA, OTHER LINKS, & TRACKING SHEET:
https://mega.nz/file/6woXEZiY#4p558ReqBe-Arx9xPV4NmFgS6_ZAgbk5_-ejOrKJiew (Updated 07.18)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJn35MTKCNY [Embed]

OFFICIAL TGDG PLAYLIST:

LIVE DATA SITES:

[Unreliable] Official CCP water level monitor: http://www.cjh.com.cn/swyb_sssq.html
[Unreliable] Three-Gorges Dam Livestream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6bLMHj14jM [Embed]

Marine:

Car/Ground:

Weather:

QRD: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Here are a few numbers I'm tracking:

Wuhan has never seen the river get above 30m. They're at 28.36 currently.
TGD has withstood 175m levels previously. The dam is 185m high. 162.56 currently and that's up from the 150s just a few days prior.

1594132524810.jpg

1594010057028.jpg

1594400931112.png

1594564361710.png

Last edited:

Too Many Catgirls

are trained to kill
kiwifarms.net
Im honestly torn.

On the one hand, the CCP deserves to die screaming for so many reasons, and if this shit collapses this will almost certainly help this become a reality.

On the other hand, a hell of a lot of innocent people are gonna suffer and die if this shit collapses, and the people who created the situation will either get off scott free thanks to their friends in government or flee the country with the money they bilked
These are my thoughts exactly.

And also, what's the point if this happens in a nation that will never show us HD footage of the structure being breached. That's what I really want.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Im honestly torn.

That's only assuming they aren't among the casualties, which is pretty much a 50/50 chance at this point in time.

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
Why would they even build a dam in the way of a metropolitan city in the first place? This was also the same reason why Egypt tries so hard to avoid wars because theres a dam in a city that housed millions.
They wanted a big source of "free" power. They also believed the dam would, ironically, help minimize flood potential in the major population centers downriver. Which, needless to say, was a gross failure in the understanding of how large dams affect the ecosystem surrounding them. Whether this misunderstanding was incompetence or negligence, however, is largely unknown.

Stalphos Johnson

Very Spooky
kiwifarms.net
China has really fucking pissed off God.
Book of Revelations 22:18-22:19 said:
I testify to everyone who hears the words of prophecy in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and the holy city, which are described in this book
china.PNG
https://www.christianpost.com/news/...le-force-churches-sing-communist-anthems.html

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
That theory is so retarded I actually loop back into believing it
The sad part is, the PRC's history is such that them literally destroying their own cities and potentially ending millions of lives doesn't seem completely implausible. Unlikely? Perhaps. But still plausible.

Edit: As a side note, I don't think Xi has even so much as visited the cities currently being destroyed by flooding, which is pretty irregular for their leadership. Flooding on the Yangtze is pretty common, and it's kinda expected that the man in charge at least do a perfunctory visit.

The golden neckbeard

Professor of goon study's
kiwifarms.net

Otterly

Primark Primarch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How well was the TGD built? Are we talking kickbacks during construction and concrete that’s dodgy or was it built properly? They don’t have a good record on building solid structures in modern times.
Dams on that scale are ecological disasters. Mind you, the same could be said about the CCP, so...

Tags
None