Chinese Carrier Group Crosses into West Pacific - Uh Oh

Tranhuviya

Degenerate Robot
kiwifarms.net
Seems routine to me.
It's saber rattling at Taiwan because of Trump, imho.

Isn't this carrier actually a refurbished piece of Soviet shit that is mostly useless without land backup?
The Liaoning was actually kept in shape by the Ukrainian navy for potential buyers before China jewed their way into acquiring it and refitting it, so it's in better shape than the other existing example of it's class.

Last edited:

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
It's not over Taiwan, it's over Japan. I follow Chinese state media and they are livid about a speech that the Japanese prime minister gave honoring what they described as being international war criminals responsible for the genocide of 110 million Chinese nationals during World War 2. The Chinese are still demanding "1000 trillion dollars" in reparations for the damage done.

http://en.people.cn/n3/2016/1231/c90000-9161401.html

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
kiwifarms.net
Chinese carrier is no threat until they gain operational experience. This is obviously a shakedown cruise of some sort to practice flight operations. They have no prior experience operating their carrier so far out in blue water, so they are getting practice and sabre rattling at the same time, no chance they will do anything rash.

Male Idiot

Loli Hitler
kiwifarms.net
It's not over Taiwan, it's over Japan. I follow Chinese state media and they are livid about a speech that the Japanese prime minister gave honoring what they described as being international war criminals responsible for the genocide of 110 million Chinese nationals during World War 2. The Chinese are still demanding "1000 trillion dollars" in reparations for the damage done.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Chinese carrier is no threat until they gain operational experience. This is obviously a shakedown cruise of some sort to practice flight operations. They have no prior experience operating their carrier so far out in blue water, so they are getting practice and sabre rattling at the same time, no chance they will do anything rash.
Regardless I agree, it would be nothing cuter than passing them by with a smile and wave from a Ford Class.

Honestly the timing was perfect with our shit all in port. Because the election and all other factors this was the perfect time. When you think about it you really can't blame China for doing so, we'd have done the same in those shoes.

Also
>retired slav shit
>ramp
>gas burning
carrier

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This, sabre rattling at its finest.

Though the route they picked is quite telling:

miyako straight.png

They went through the Miyako Strait, which is to the northeast of the island labeled "Miyakojima" and between the other one, which is Okinawa.
Not only does that mean the chinese carrier group drove right through the japanese Prefecture of Okinawa, but also it passed within spitting distance to the US base on said island.

TiredConlanger

kiwifarms.net

However, there was a treaty in the 1970s that, as part of the terms, would prevent China from getting reparations for all the genocidal Japanese war criminals of WWII. There is also a precedent that people who try to sue for their family being murdered by the Japanese germ warfare not getting any compensation due to that treaty.

They would need to rewrite it, amend it, or abolish it before the Japanese government would agree to anything like that, most likely. And, given the two countries, I doubt that would end well.

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
However, there was a treaty in the 1970s that, as part of the terms, would prevent China from getting reparations for all the genocidal Japanese war criminals of WWII. There is also a precedent that people who try to sue for their family being murdered by the Japanese germ warfare not getting any compensation due to that treaty.

They would need to rewrite it, amend it, or abolish it before the Japanese government would agree to anything like that, most likely. And, given the two countries, I doubt that would end well.
The treaty you mention is the "Joint Communique of the Government of Japan and the Government of the People's Republic of China" from 1972: link
5. The Government of the People's Republic of China declares that in the interest of the friendship between the Chinese and the Japanese peoples, it renounces its demand for war reparation from Japan.
Japan, however, did pay vast amounts of money to China, which was labelled "official development assistance", but was essentially reparations. Japan also heavily invested into China both in terms of technology as well as know-how:

Furthermore, Japan is China's largest financial donor, "more than all other governments combined", according to Feng Zhaokuei at the Nanjing Institute for International Relations. Feng says Japan accounts for more than 60 percent of China's official development assistance (ODA) received. About 25 percent of the funding for all of China's infrastructure projects between 1994 and 1998 - including roads, railways, telecom systems and harbors - came from Japan, says Feng.
link

Though both sides, Japan and China, have their own self-serving versions of how to view and treat these things.

Techpriest

Praise the Machine Spirits
kiwifarms.net
And we've got at least two or three SSN's following its every step, getting data on engine noise and speed, along with other performance. It's still old slavshit.

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And we've got at least two or three SSN's following its every step, getting data on engine noise and speed, along with other performance. It's still old slavshit.
The most interesting thing about the carrier is what it's got on its deck, I assume.

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
We already know what they do though - J-15's, basically an Su-33 clone.
The technical specifics might still be interesting, since China most likely has changed or adapted different technologies into the J-15.
Just like Japan and their F-16s with overhauled avionics.

But, then again, whatever any onlooker might do, as long as the planes aren't airborne, it's hard to tell what they are capable of.

• Agree
Reactions: Male Idiot

Male Idiot

Loli Hitler
kiwifarms.net
The technical specifics might still be interesting, since China most likely has changed or adapted different technologies into the J-15.
Just like Japan and their F-16s with overhauled avionics.

But, then again, whatever any onlooker might do, as long as the planes aren't airborne, it's hard to tell what they are capable of.
If they got good enough camaras, they may be able to see armament changes, but yeah the avionics part would be harder to guess I think.

• Agree
Reactions: Bassomatic

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
With the amounts of pro/anti propaganda going from all sides and angles, until I see one of those things fly in shit weather do I think they have got a decent all weather system. China has learned from the masters (USSR) about how to paper tiger shit. I don't mean it as lol china sucks but, they can crank out a lot of stuff that's half as good as they claim that still gets dangerous.

I've read a lot of stuff on the "carrier" is kinda rip offs of stuff they stole from Russia and retro engineered since when the sale happened they ripped guts out.

Only one country has gear enough they are thinking of throwing out the AEGIS system for better.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino