Chinese Communist Party Megathread - Cold War 2: Electric Boogaloo

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
I saw this interesting article about the lockdown in Xian. There's more than meet the eyes.
December 31, 2021

China choking off semiconductor supply with draconian lockdown that makes no sense based on their own data​

By Thomas Lifson

A drastic lockdown is shutting down semiconductor production in the Chinese city of Xian, where China acknowledges a mere total of 1000 cases (not hospitalizations or deaths) during the current outbreak in a city with a population of 13 million. By comparison, New York City, with a population of 8 million, had 40,856 cases on December 30, and a 7 day average of 28,808 cases per day.
Last week:
Xi'an rolled out city-wide testing and placed its 13 million residents under a strict lockdown last week, closing schools, public venues and transportation except essential services like supermarkets and hospitals. Residents were banned from leaving their homes except for urgent reasons such as medical emergencies. (snip)
"Can anyone save me?" a user asked. "I'm about to starve at home. There was no one taking my orders online ... Please help me. It's OK if it's expensive, I just want to have some groceries. I'm desperate."
Hazmat-suited patrols are on the deserted streets and are delivering emergency food supplies:
State broadcaster CCTV aired a story today showing building staff assembling free grocery deliveries for the residents of an apartment complex in Xi’an.
The deliveries included a box of 15 eggs, a 2.5kg bag of rice and some green vegetables.
Residents could also expect either some chicken or pork, it said.
234855_5_.jpg

YouTube screengrab
234854_5_.jpg

YouTube screengrab
CNN Business reports on the shutdown of semiconductor production in Xian and its global supply chain implications.
Two of the world's biggest chipmakers are warning that Covid-19 outbreaks and stringent lockdowns in a major Chinese industrial hub are hampering their operations.
Samsung and Micron said this week that they've had to adjust operations in the northwestern city of Xi'an, which is experiencing one of China's worst community outbreaks of the coronavirus pandemic. Authorities have responded by enacting sweeping measures with an intensity and on a scale rarely seen since Wuhan, the pandemic's original epicenter.
Any slowdown in output from the city risks worsening the global chip shortage, an ongoing crisis that has limited the supply of everything from iPhones to new cars.
Samsung said Wednesday that it had to "temporarily adjust operations" in Xi'an. The South Korean giant added that protecting its workers in the city remains its "top priority," and that it plans to take "all necessary measures, including leveraging our global manufacturing network, to ensure that our customers are not affected."
My guess is that outbreak is far worse than China is reporting, and that the cases are far worse than the mild cold-like symptoms reported by most omicron sufferers. I doubt that the drastic and expensive lockdown is mere theatre. China, home to the Wuhan virus, knows more about it than we do, in all likelihood. With the semiconductor lockdown, they are only encouraging the re-shoring of semiconductor production in countries like the United States, South Korea and Japan.
But we can’t rule out sabotage of offshore production of finished products like automobiles, where lack of chips can shut down an entire factory.
Is a worse variant than Delta rampaging in Xian? We can’t rule that out, either.
And we know that we can’t trust the Chinese media to tell us the truth if it would reflect badly on the Chinese Communist Party

Sinner's Sandwich

Superman got raped for 8 months LoL
kiwifarms.net
Can't reply to the long post above but what if it's not about Covid at all and the coof is just a scapegoat for something else? If everyone is in their homes they can't go outside and that means they can't see & film atrocities that are done by the CCP. Perhaps lots of people are going to disappear? People who are enemies of the CCP? Just a guess but I really wouldn't be surprised because China is going back to Mao times.

WULULULULU

I CLOAMK, I TWEEK, I KEEL
kiwifarms.net
Cut off one head, two more shall take its place.

The party isn't dumb to depend its power on one person, much like Pope Francis and the rest of the Catholic Church. There will always be a council calling the shots. Oh and before China collapses, it will take everyone with them in the abyss.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Cut off one head, two more shall take its place.

The party isn't dumb to depend its power on one person, much like Pope Francis and the rest of the Catholic Church. There will always be a council calling the shots. Oh and before China collapses, it will take everyone with them in the abyss.
You’re right, but Xi is really testing that theory and how things have gone in attempting to return to Mao.

WULULULULU

kiwifarms.net
You’re right, but Xi is really testing that theory and how things have gone in attempting to return to Mao.
I mean he can try and accelerate the 20th Century downfall. I mean with their economy in shambles because of the Evergreen housing shit, they would probably fall before the military colonization around the world.

So much for the Belt Road Initiative.

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
I should have posted this one on the Wuhan coronavirus thread but I think it might fit this one as well.

China's Latest COVID Outbreak Spreads To 2 New Cities Including Home Of World's Largest Port​

BY TYLER DURDEN
TUESDAY, JAN 04, 2022 - 05:45 AM
China is now dealing with three serious outbreaks as the eastern port city of Ningbo reported 16 cases over the weekend, while the city of Yuzhou, a smaller city with 1.3M residents, has seen some of its neighborhoods placed on lockdown.

Fortunately for China's economy, the Ningbo Zhoushan Port, the largest port in the world, said in a statement published on Weibo late Sunday that its operations are basically stable despite the strict COVID controls to try and contain the outbreak. Of the 16 cases, authorities said nine were imported and seven were local.
According to a statement posted by Yuzhou's city government to its Weibo account, a lockdown has been imposed upon the downtown district, even though the city reported just 3 cases on Monday. Public transit, taxis and school have all been suspended in the district.

Fortunately for the Chinese economy, the numbers in Ningbo are much smaller than the number of new cases still being reported in Xi'an, which is in the middle of a mass lockdown, leaving many in the city of 13M without easy access to essentials like food and medicine.
As the virus continues to spread, the Ningbo Containerized Freight Index has just reached an all-time record high of $4,264/FEU at a time when shipping costs around the world have surged.
The port city has already undergone 3 partial lockdowns in the past 6 months, according to China's state-controlled press. Meanwhile, some 200 pilots have been put into quarantine over the past week after two pilots tested positive for the virus.
It's fair to assume the world is curious about the conditions inside Xi'an, as critics of China pointed out on Twitter that there are no "citizen journalists" in Xi'an reporting on the latest lockdown. That's unlike the situation in Wuhan, which was covered by several citizen journalists. However, most of these people were disappeared or otherwise disciplined by Chinese authorities, setting a pretty clear example for anybody else who might want to try it.
Still, even China's state-controlled press has acknowledged that people in the city had been struggling to buy food. It's unclear whether this situation has eased.
Beijing must contain the situation in Ningbo: freezing the port would have broad-based ramifications for the entire Chinese economy, and the global economy more broadly.
As we noted the other day, traders have already started freaking out about the prospect of supply chain-crippling shutdowns in China, even as companies with large factories in Xi'an have insisted the lockdowns aren't having a big impact on production. But as a reminder, the last time China's megaports of Yantian or Ningbo were closed, supply chains collapsed, shipping rates went astronomical after a modest lag.
China finished off 2021 last week by reporting the most new cases since the end of the lockdown in Wuhan, and overall, the number of new cases has been nearing 200/day since the start of the New Year.

WULULULULU

kiwifarms.net
I should have posted this one on the Wuhan coronavirus thread but I think it might fit this one as well.
I swear, China is always fishy when it comes to local Wuflu news. You'd think that being the source of all this fuckery they would be the most affected yet whenever news pops up, nothing. No big casualties, the only thing remotely close is the large amount of cell-phone numbers disappearing.

Least Concern

Pretend I have a Cryptoland pfp like everyone else
kiwifarms.net
I swear, China is always fishy when it comes to local Wuflu news. You'd think that being the source of all this fuckery they would be the most affected yet whenever news pops up, nothing. No big casualties, the only thing remotely close is the large amount of cell-phone numbers disappearing.
The CCP is closely monitoring this and other issues that affect the Chinese people, and will always provide accurate information about our latest victories in the fight against this foreign virus. Please do not be alarmed; the situation is under control.