Chinese Communist Party Megathread - Cold War 2: Electric Boogaloo

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
There was an earthquake in Western China but it was located more westernly from 3GD. To be more precise, it happened near the Tibet plateau.

A strong overnight earthquake hit two provinces in Western China, causing tunnel damage that forced the high-speed rail service to suspend operations.

Four people incurred minor injuries in the Menyuan county of Qinghai Province, officials told a press conference. The four have been treated and released.

The magnitude 6.9 quake struck at 1:45 a.m. in a mountainous part of northwestern Qinghai Province, 12,000 feet (3659 meters) above sea level. It was felt 85 miles (140 kilometers) southeast in Xining, the provincial capital.

Videos shared to Chinese social media showed rows of people coming out of their buildings covered under a blanket. Startled cattle jumped and ran in their pens; furniture and ceiling lamps swayed violently, and homes sustained damage including broken windows and fallen ceiling sections.

Falcos_Commisar

kiwifarms.net
Polymatter released a video on China's Debt Trap Diplomacy. Summary is instead of China being nefarious and grabbing a port in Sri Lanka for example, they've only leased it to a company that controls only 70% of it. It's not even used as a military base. The narrative around China being powerful is what they cultivate, while trying to bury the circumstances surrounding what led to it.
Lies and bullshit.

Any company that operates in China ultimately exists at the whim of the CCP. Ex. Hauwei, BYD, NORINCO, etc.

China's debt traps are used to literally expropriate land and minerals from Africa to China. Chinese workers build and maintain all that shiny infrastructure in Africa, locals are literally barres from working on it for 10+ years

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Lies and bullshit.

Any company that operates in China ultimately exists at the whim of the CCP. Ex. Hauwei, BYD, NORINCO, etc.

China's debt traps are used to literally expropriate land and minerals from Africa to China. Chinese workers build and maintain all that shiny infrastructure in Africa, locals are literally barres from working on it for 10+ years
And a loan shark gets one step closer to taking over the world.

Rezza

kiwifarms.net
The one thing that will be the biggest obstacle of China taking over the world is that pretty much everyone hates CCP, and by extension, the chinese themselves. Compared to US, and hell even Soviet back then, they're severely lacking in soft power. The only remedy is by pushing their soft power products harder, but instead of capitalizing on popular ones such as video games, they instead restrict it. And the soft power they want to promote right now doesn't exactly promot foreigner's love towards China or the chinese. Case in point, the Three Body Problem novel

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
And a loan shark gets one step closer to taking over the world.
China's loan sharking programs don't operate much differently than US/NATO-backed institutions like the World Bank or IMF. Debt traps are intentional, and they exist to facilitate neocolonialism. The difference is China just wants your fealty to the CCP, while the World Bank and IMF demand you accept all sorts of NGOs, usually the sort that want "democracy" (read: voting in pro-NATO people) or promote degeneracy and organize color revolutions and such.

Developing nations are shitty places, but I think giving nations more options as to who to sell their soul to is a good thing in the long run.
The one thing that will be the biggest obstacle of China taking over the world is that pretty much everyone hates CCP, and by extension, the chinese themselves. Compared to US, and hell even Soviet back then, they're severely lacking in soft power. The only remedy is by pushing their soft power products harder, but instead of capitalizing on popular ones such as video games, they instead restrict it. And the soft power they want to promote right now doesn't exactly promot foreigner's love towards China or the chinese. Case in point, the Three Body Problem novel
All over the world, politicians and bureaucrats love the CCP. Nowhere is this more apparent than 2020 when the Chinese model to pandemic control was adopted globally to disastrous consequences for everyone who wasn't a powerful government employee or major corporate boss. In the right circles, there's plenty of people who idealize the Chinese model, including the entire government of countries like Ethiopia.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
E7984149-19A8-44E5-99CC-C5CFE3058CAB.jpeg

B7595C0C-1173-49AC-8B41-01196EDF18DA.jpeg

B47CDC8E-D28E-46D2-A83A-608924B80BD3.jpeg

40E6F743-E723-45D6-8465-B849D0EC2C8A.jpeg

Hangly

kiwifarms.net
Skip from 1974 to today? That’s a lot of skipping. Some stuff happened during that time that’s kind of important.

First can I encourage and suggest that people stop referring to China as if it’s one guy. It is, in point of fact, a whole lot of guys. The CCP is also a whole lot of guys, not all of whom get along.

The CCP will never tell you this because they have to flex their unity nuts to retain their tenuous grip on power, but the party is highly factionalized. If you understand how Japanese politics work, China is very similar. The rivalries are within the party, not between parties. In fact China is more like Japan than it is not like Japan.

The two big factions at the moment are the Xi faction and the Jiang faction. Jiang Zemin if you recall is responsible for the Tiananmen Square massacre. He’s a ruthless globohomo criminal piece of shit. It is ALLEGED that he has attempted to have Xi assassinated several times.

Xi is a relative outsider whose family was purged from the party during the cultural revolution. His side represents authoritarianism and “more communism” but less corruption and criminality. Basically he’s trying to clean up Jiang’s mess. Corruption aka money is usually on Jiang’s side, so the media usually is too.

I know everyone loves to pump their dicks about what a sonofabitch Xi is, but in this case he is probably the better option. That’s not me saying that, dissident groups in China including the FLG think that. Whenever the rivalry comes up they usually take Xi’s side.

Last edited:

Hangly

kiwifarms.net
The CCP’s favorite scam during the Jiang era was to evict peasants from their land and sell it to developers at 2000% profit. If you ever wondered why China has so much vacant housing, that’s why, it’s free money for the party.

If you’ve seen Wolf Warrior 2 (and I think you should) the opening scene is criticizing this very practice.

Why would the CCP self-own in the biggest film blockbuster of the year? The government least tolerant of criticism and scandal of any on earth?
It wouldn’t. It’s the new administration calling out the old administration, and trying to assure people those days are over.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Skip from 1974 to today? That’s a lot of skipping. Some stuff happened during that time that’s kind of important.

First can I encourage and suggest that people stop referring to China as if it’s one guy. It is, in point of fact, a whole lot of guys. The CCP is also a whole lot of guys, not all of whom get along.

The CCP will never tell you this because they have to flex their unity nuts to retain their tenuous grip on power, but the party is highly factionalized. If you understand how Japanese politics work, China is very similar. The rivalries are within the party, not between parties. In fact China is more like Japan than it is not like Japan.

The two big factions at the moment are the Xi faction and the Jiang faction. Jiang Zemin if you recall is responsible for the Tiananmen Square massacre. He’s a ruthless globohomo criminal piece of shit. It is ALLEGED that he has attempted to have Xi assassinated several times.

Xi is a relative outsider whose family was purged from the party during the cultural revolution. His side represents authoritarianism and “more communism” but less corruption and criminality. Basically he’s trying to clean up Jiang’s mess. Corruption aka money is usually on Jiang’s side, so the media usually is too.

I know everyone loves to pump their dicks about what a sonofabitch Xi is, but in this case he is probably the better option. That’s not me saying that, dissident groups in China including the FLG think that. Whenever the rivalry comes up they usually take Xi’s side.

The CCP’s favorite scam during the Jiang era was to evict peasants from their land and sell it to developers at 2000% profit. If you ever wondered why China has so much vacant housing, that’s why, it’s free money for the party.

If you’ve seen Wolf Warrior 2 (and I think you should) the opening scene is criticizing this very practice.

Why would the CCP self-own in the biggest film blockbuster of the year? The government least tolerant of criticism and scandal of any on earth?
It wouldn’t. It’s the new administration calling out the old administration, and trying to assure people those days are over.
I think you’re mixing up 1989 with the Falun Gong. Deng Xiaoping was in charge back then and he was basically pressured into unleashing Hell by CCP hardliners. Jiang meanwhile went after Falun Gong after they had more members than the CCP, and he basically created the Chinese security apparatus to go after them and other dissidents.

Outside of that, great to meet another fan of everyone’s favorite Chinese government soap opera General Hostility.

Hangly

kiwifarms.net
I think you’re mixing up 1989 with the Falun Gong. Deng Xiaoping was in charge back then and he was basically pressured into unleashing Hell by CCP hardliners. Jiang meanwhile went after Falun Gong after they had more members than the CCP, and he basically created the Chinese security apparatus to go after them and other dissidents.

Outside of that, great to meet another fan of everyone’s favorite Chinese government soap opera General Hostility.
Deng was in charge but Jiang ordered the massacre.

At least that’s what everyone says. I’m having trouble finding a document that explicitly says so.

Before the massacre is was Jiang who met with Wang Dan and Wuer Kaixi and made vague threats about being “concerned for their safety” if they didn’t disperse. I guess it’s not on record who actually gave the order but many believe it was Jiang. How about that.

Last edited:

MasterBaiter

AMA cis straight meat eating female
kiwifarms.net
China is having an extraordinarily shitty year. If you don’t know that you’re not paying attention at all.

I thought this thread was for people who wanted to have a serious conversation.
Can you make a summary of extraordinary shitty year i am curious of your take.