Chinese Communist Party Megathread - Cold War 2: Electric Boogaloo

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Hangly

kiwifarms.net
Can you make a summary of extraordinary shitty year i am curious of your take.
Let’s see.

4.3 million business closures as a result of the pandemic

Flooding in Xian, Henan and Shandong causing shortages of grain and coal.

Regular blackouts as a result of the coal shortage.

The collapse of Evergrande and the imminent implosion of the real estate market.

It’s the four horsemen of the apocalypse over here, the only thing we don’t have is Antifa setting everything on fire.

Michael Janke

kiwifarms.net

The collapse of Evergrande and the imminent implosion of the real estate market.

It’s the four horsemen of the apocalypse over here, the only thing we don’t have is Antifa setting everything on fire.
also that volcano explosion in the pacific could cause problems. the explosion likely sent an immense amount of ash and dust into the air. it could fuck up all those fake islands they built in the pacific. also the dust could fuck up crops.
makes me wonder what the long term effects are if china plows forward the way they do?

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
Let’s see.

Nah, that's just a "meh" year by Chinese standards. Barely anybody died, and people aren't yet selling their children to get a single bowl of rice. No cities are in ruins, and the rivers haven't even flooded much. There were so many worse years China had, like 1938 when the year opened with Japan raping and murdering a bunch of people in Nanking, and then Chiang Kai-shek killed 1 million people in a manmade flood to slow down invading Japanese and subsequently burnt 30,000 people to death in a single city (also to slow down the Japanese).

Tell me when the Three Gorges Dam finally blows or the Chinese start selling kids for a single bowl of rice (right now the going price for Chinese children is probably a little higher).

Least Concern

Pretend I have a Cryptoland pfp like everyone else
kiwifarms.net
also that volcano explosion in the pacific could cause problems. the explosion likely sent an immense amount of ash and dust into the air. it could fuck up all those fake islands they built in the pacific. also the dust could fuck up crops.
makes me wonder what the long term effects are if china plows forward the way they do?
If the fallout from a volcano in the South Pacific is extensive enough to affect crops in mainland China, it's not just China that's going to be royally fucked…

That said, at least so far, the devastation is limited to a few moderate tsunamis.

Michael Janke

kiwifarms.net
If the fallout from a volcano in the South Pacific is extensive enough to affect crops in mainland China, it's not just China that's going to be royally fucked…

That said, at least so far, the devastation is limited to a few moderate tsunamis.
as we discussed here, china already has somewhat of a food shortage. it might not take much to make it a lot worse.

Hangly

kiwifarms.net
Nah, that's just a "meh" year by Chinese standards. Barely anybody died, and people aren't yet selling their children to get a single bowl of rice. No cities are in ruins, and the rivers haven't even flooded much. There were so many worse years China had, like 1938 when the year opened with Japan raping and murdering a bunch of people in Nanking, and then Chiang Kai-shek killed 1 million people in a manmade flood to slow down invading Japanese and subsequently burnt 30,000 people to death in a single city (also to slow down the Japanese).

Tell me when the Three Gorges Dam finally blows or the Chinese start selling kids for a single bowl of rice (right now the going price for Chinese children is probably a little higher).
I said shitty not cataclysmic

Rezza

kiwifarms.net
That one is actually going to effect the energy shortage, in short term. See, Winter Olympic is going to start soon, right? And obviously everything has to be perfect, even more so for Xi and the party. So that's why they're planning to reduce/shut down polluting energy plants (coals) to clear the air and weather for the event. Now that there's additional volcanic ash and dust, it's going to take longer

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
If you ever want something to watch…
D42817DA-0A43-46F7-9A51-502E629B1E89.jpeg

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
Looks like Xi the Pooh might have one more Achilles' Heel in his pocket.
Chinese President Xi Jinping has a request for Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell — do not raise interest rates. “If major economies slam on the brakes or take a U-turn in their monetary policies, there would be serious negative spillovers. They would present challenges to global economic and financial stability, and developing countries would bear the brunt of it,” Xi said during the virtual Davos meeting.

The Fed indicated that they will gradually raise rates this year after failing to combat inflation through artificially low rates. Rates have been low for quite some time and “slamming the breaks” isn’t exactly the situation here. Poor countries risk facing a spike in debt repayments, but that is likely not Xi’s main concern.

Xi realizes that China will be forced to abandon easing policies when the Fed raises rates. China is burdened with debt, namely in the real estate sector, and developers such as Evergrande cannot currently climb out of its financial grave. China’s GDP fell to 4% year-on-year in Q4 2021 and advanced only 1.6% on a quarterly basis. The People’s Bank of China cut rates by ten basis points on Monday, but they’re going to need to change their strategy once the Fed does.

Capital will begin to flow from China to the US once it becomes an increasingly attractive place to park money. If America decreases the demand for imports, Chinese exports will feel the brunt of the burden. China heavily relies on its top trading partner, with over $463 billion entering the US through November.

“We will build a unified, open, competitive and orderly market system where all businesses enjoy equal status before the law, and have equal opportunities in the marketplace,” Xi said. Well, that is not how the world economy functions. The Fed will not abandon domestic interests in favor of foreign ones and Powell knows he needs to act soon to control runaway inflation.

Rezza

kiwifarms.net
So local governments have been increasing the "Covid from International Mail/Goods" theory lately, with some places putting mandatory tests for anyone receiving one. Aside from increasing the propaganda of "Non-China Covid Origin", I wonder if they want to increase domestic goods consumption for the population, especially with the most likely collapse of the property sector? People are switching to buying domestic items instead because the test is a huge hassle

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
So local governments have been increasing the "Covid from International Mail/Goods" theory lately, with some places putting mandatory tests for anyone receiving one. Aside from increasing the propaganda of "Non-China Covid Origin", I wonder if they want to increase domestic goods consumption for the population, especially with the most likely collapse of the property sector? People are switching to buying domestic items instead because the test is a huge hassle
Like 2 years ago (March/April 2020) the CDC said there was no risk of the virus being spread by international mail since it can't survive the shipping times (and neither can any other coronavirus). But the CDC guidelines changed based on what politicians and powerful elite decree so who knows if that's still a current advisory. Maybe The Science has discovered that it's AKSHUALLY super-deadly to open anything from China without wearing goggles, two masks, two sets of latex gloves, and dousing the contents in alcohol.

Least Concern

Pretend I have a Cryptoland pfp like everyone else
kiwifarms.net
But the CDC guidelines changed based on what politicians and powerful elite decree so who knows if that's still a current advisory. Maybe The Science has discovered that it's AKSHUALLY super-deadly to open anything from China without wearing goggles, two masks, two sets of latex gloves, and dousing the contents in alcohol.
I took it from @Rezza's post that it was Chinese governments doing this, and after re-reading their post I still feel so, but perhaps they can clarify.

JustSomeDong

My own dark side lower companion...
kiwifarms.net
/pol/ and A and H would call these Chinese people "super based". I guess the CCP figured out being able to say the N word is the key to getting people to support you in your campaign to take over the world.
"/pol/ and A and H" are as shortsighted as those they regularly REEEEEEEEEEE about.